DCS: JF-17 Known Issue List

uboats

I haven't read about it, but where to enter the data for PP or the other modes? Only one mode gives me ready... am i right that not all modes have been implemented yet? I also get the dta link very late. I don't know if i could influence when to get the TV signal from 802.

Another real issue i think is that the 802 just diappear if i dropped one and the another without changing any settings. I just pushed weapon release when the first had impact and i heard the release sound but there was no weapon over F6 visible ... it was away from rail so it just seemed to disappear.

802s launch altitude will be limited to 500m - 7500m (RL limit) in WCS.

CAUTION:

In current implement, 802AKG launched above 10,000m will be destroyed immediately, hardcoded.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On that note, my (admittedly hasty) checking has not come up with any threads covering it, but I'm getting an intermittent issue with the 802AK and AKG where the first missile will work as expected in pretty much every way but subsequent ones can start acting very strangely.

The AKs have a fondness for picking a spot on the ground and doing loops and/or donuts over it until they time out and explode, and the AKG will start to drift down and right the moment you give it any manual input. This may be connected to the infinite ammo setting in some way, and doesn't seem to be a binding or input issue (since the first missile works in every case).

Is this something that is known or something I should dive into to try to get more info for a proper bug report?

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

There's a known issue with the Datalink pod not working in cold start. Could that be what you're experiencing?

I think so. After lunching a missile in MAN or COO mode with the programmed PP or RP point, there are no any connection with the missile.Only coordinates changing are shown.

Edited by Harkonnen_81

Intel i7-9900K @ 4.9GHz | 32G DDR4-3600 | RTX 2080 ti (11GB) | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter II + РУД Warthog Throttle + Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals | 34" WQHD 120Hz | Track IR 5.

The hsd page shows rwr icons very brightly (to the point where they are unreadable). They increase in brightness as time goes on while flying in the same plane. Respawning seems to reset the brightness. Also the brightness seems to be individual to each screen, with one screen being very bright if it has been displaying the hsd for a while, and the others displaying normally until they are left on hsd for while as well. Is this a bug? d545ccee4aa54e8d72a27987e1ba34bb

The hsd page shows rwr icons very brightly (to the point where they are unreadable). ... Is this a bug?

AFAIK HSD brightness has already been fixed in the internal JF-17 build.

Fix HSD radar/datalink targets are too bright and unreadable

We should get it with ED's next Open Beta update, if all things go well.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Bugs

2 other bugs I’ve come across that I haven’t seen reported yet are the following:

When doing a cold start with no weapons sometimes the SMS will not reflect any weapons loaded. Even when re-coding and re-loading the DTC they still will not load.

When doing a cold start and loading weapons, some of the weapons will not power on. For example the SD10s will not power on when entering bvr mode or when trying to manually power on. They work fine from a hot start already pre-loaded. This problem makes them unusable in MP. Some of the A2G missiles have the same exact issue. Again I have only encountered this issue when doing a cold start and swapping weapons.

No missile smoke is unacceptable as it ruins the sim for everyone, not just those flying the JF-17. (Someone just suggested to me that maybe you mean smoke generator pods? Hope so.)

The lack of LOD punishes other players on the same server too.

Are you sure?

Tpod is bugged. I was able to get a Tpod on my MFD while not having it equipped on my aircraft I was able to make it work by turning on CLDP circuit breaker and then pressing lock target. Also masking is seems off too, it appears as if it does not get masked by its own body, it can look 180 degrees behind, while having it's lens completely hidden behind the rest of the pod.

when I change azimuth angle on A2G radar, it goes bonkers, starts flashing and twitching.

Also, can't lock a helicopter with a radar within a visual range

Edited by GIGA_HORSE

Tpod is bugged. I was able to get a Tpod on my MFD while not having it equipped on my aircraft I was able to make it work by turning on CLDP circuit breaker and then pressing lock target. Also masking is seems off too, it appears as if it does not get masked by its own body, it can look 180 degrees behind, while having it's lens completely hidden behind the rest of the pod.

when I change azimuth angle on A2G radar, it goes bonkers, starts flashing and twitching.

Also, can't lock a helicopter with a radar within a visual range

these are known.

Anyone else have green MFDs after the latest update? Mine are bright green and you can see a picture of the Chinese president in the right MFD. Any clue how to fix this? :-(

Run a repair.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

• 3 weeks later...

Regarding the RWR issue, after extended testing, we assess that is related to the number of the EWR and SBORKA units. When more than 11 of those units are present the RWR behaves with significant delay against SAM or FIGHTERS. This issue is getting worse when you approach them from head on positions. When you approach them with an offset (more or less you create angular speed) then the RWR seems to work correctly. The issue is not affected by the number of SAM units such as SA15, SA8, SA11 and ships as well. Please take in account that we have already applied the fix by modifying lines 65 and 93 to 200 and true.

Edited by Panthir

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

It's the file mentioned by OP here. I just edited it. Haven't tested it yet.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=259084

Exactly

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.