Brakes a bit ineffective?

Harley Davidson

We went through this with the Hornet.. same thing, we say it's crap, they say it's fine, maybe the brakes on the real plane are crap, I couldn't tell

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

btw.: the "m" in F10 map at elevation of Vaziani is uncorrect too, according to wikipedia.

should be feet too.

and: thanks for your efforts to sort those things out

Yeah, that would be a REALLY LONG and REALLY high altitude runway. 7842 m would be almost a 26,000ft runway at 5000ft MSL.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

Also check the throttle to ensure you are in fact at idle.

When your throttle is at idle - what does your Engine RPM gauge read?

If your RPM's are too high, your brakes will not stop you, and you will run out of runway.

You should be below 70 RPM's at idle.

Image36.jpg

Also a point ...is wind affecting the jets enough ?

I'll bet most people test at no wind.

When we fly commercial sims wel almost always have real weather in (I do :) )

Wish we had real weather in this sim :)

Both F-16 and F-18, to me, seems to have a hard time stopping.

Granted I might have a part in it as well :)

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Been landing the Viper and its a bugger to stop her from running off the end of the runway! I'm finding the wheel brakes need a little more power..

Am I the only one?:joystick:

No you are not the only one. Same observation here!

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

Exactly. You can observe the same in DCS F-16. Approach hot and land at the mid of runway and you will end up in grass.

Yeah nothing to do with what happened at Oshkosh - to quote:

If not for the lack of visual and instrument references, the MP (Mishap Pilot) could have executed a proper aerobrake, come to a complete stop on the runway, and still had approximately 1000 ft of runway remaining.

Everything to do with what happened in Oshkosh.

Braking capability of that aircraft at Oshkosh was normal. The video is just an example what happens when you try to use bad landing and rollout technique.

Yes, his bad landing and rollout technique was due visibility problem, but it doesn't really matter what's the cause.

As I just told you - nothing to do with Oshkosh - how many times!!

It is not relevant that the brakes were in working order - The guy couldn't see anything also had induced vertigo - he had thought about ejecting if it wasn't for the slight issue of the many people the jet might have ploughed into - he didn't know his speed or how far he was down the runway.

Do you not understand that if he had landed normally he would have stopped 1000ft before the end of the runway and not gone off the end at 80kts.

Regardless you cannot guess braking effectiveness from this in any way shape or form sorry.

Airventure 2011 is the perfect example of what happens when you do not operate the aircraft as you should during landing.

Regardless of the circumstances.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Not exactly scientific but I landed side by side with a Tomcat at Senaki (F16 was 1500lbs fuel and no weapons, not sure of the Tomcat), and the F14 was able to slow down and stop a considerable distance sooner than me. That doesn't seem right to me?

I feel like my anti-skid isn't working and I am just locking up the wheels.

I don’t think it completely resolves your conclusions, but F-14 has spoilers, anti-skid brakes, and speed brake. F-16 just has speed brake, anti-skid brakes, and aero braking which only effective until the tail plane stalls.

But I also think the friction values for the F-14 is based on the legacy DCS standard, where as the F-16 seems to be different and very easy to taxi using minimal thrust.

That’s my observation between the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Brakes a bit ineffective?

Until what engine rpm the brakes should be able to hold you ? Right now it seems around 85% you start moving slowly even with holding the brakes, is that correct ?

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

I read on a certain source that 85% is the initial run up for TO either MIL or MAX. So, it shouldn’t move at all. Also note that sometimes the jet will make a slow right hand yaw during the run up. I think that has to do with the left brake problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

I think the run up percentage depends on which engine you’re running. It’s different for P&W than it is for GE.

Oh you’re right. -129 engine is 90%. That’s even worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro