[REPORTED]Cannot cold start on Tarawa

SandMan23

I see in a similar thread that RAZBAM has acknowledged this bug. Hopefully it's a priority now (it should be), and they can fix it, as it's been very frustrating trying to do Assault Carrier ops. Great module otherwise.

Edited by Gman109

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

Select Harrier on Tarawa -> Flight delayed ->Escape menu -> Select role ->Back to spectators (bottom left corner) -> Select same slot again -> Should work

Works about 90% of time for me. But is limited to multiplayer.

Aha!

This did work for me! Thanks!

I found a pile of "new" bugs that weren't around the last time I actually flew it though, which made it unusable. Namely dealing with the stores page not showing up, and then being locked into the laser code, and then not being able to ever get back to the stores page. Plus the TGP was all sorts of fubar with the various OSB buttons not working right.

But I was able to spawn on the Tarwa online. And that made my day.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

FYI I dont have to go back to spectators. My "button by button" for MP servers as a client is:

Select Harrier on Tarawa -> Flight delayed ->Escape menu -> CLICK ON ANOTHER HARRIER slot -> click BACK on your current slot -> Press fly

No actual leaving of the slot that never worked is required, but seemingly selecting another slot is enough then back on the one you started with, without having to leave your current slot.

I dunno, it's weird, what can I say, but this works every time for me.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

FYI I dont have to go back to spectators. My "button by button" for MP servers as a client is:

Select Harrier on Tarawa -> Flight delayed ->Escape menu -> CLICK ON ANOTHER HARRIER slot -> click BACK on your current slot -> Press fly

No actual leaving of the slot that never worked is required, but seemingly selecting another slot is enough then back on the one you started with, without having to leave your current slot.

Actually just switching planes never worked for me. Tried that ALOT...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

This approach used to work for me, but an update about ~2 months back broke this for me, therefore my new approach. This bug just gets weirder and weirder.

• 3 weeks later...
Is there some kind of workaround in single player or fix? This is super frustrating it's sad that every time I come back to the Harrier its always a negative experience.

Same problem with Tarawa SP cold starts for me. The only work around (at present) is to select "take off/start from runway". It gives an immersion breaking hot start on deck.

I feel your pain dude.

• 2 months later...
Which problem do you have with cold start on the Tarawa?

I don't have any problems...

The Harrier is not spawning on the Tarawa in RAMP START.

The Harrier is not spawning at all. Only the Tarawa is there.

I have tried both in Caucasus & the Persian Gulf.

It is not working.

Rig - I7-9700K/GIGABYTE Z390D/RTX-2080 SUPER/32-GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE RAM/1-TB SSD

Mods - A10C / F18C / AV8B / Mig21 / Su33 / SC / F14B

Did two ramp cold starts just this morning, worked fine, flew around then landed. Are you guys on Beta or stable?

Beta this bug is fixed.

Release, I think it still exists. Do a hot start on the runway and you can use Tarawa. It should go away once stable is updated.

For future reference remember there are two versions of the game, you need to state which one when reporting, as in this case you can see it matters.

Edited by zhukov032186

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

This is why stable is pointless, open beta gets new updates, fixes, and features sooner.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD