Which ground pounders would you rather?

Which ground pounders would you rather?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Which ground pounders would you rather?

• F-111
    • Tornado
    • SU-24
    • SU-34
    • SU-30
    • SU-25
    • A-10

HI.

Here’s my opinion on the following matter, see individuals preferences for these planes and to explore the significance of supersonic ground attack planes and smart weapons put together, since the idea of concentration of SU-25 and A-10 on the same battle ground as F-15 and SU-27 seems a bit questionable, like for example: occasionally some of the multiplayer fellows (ground pounders) can moan for being shoot by a fighter as if it’s not the appropriate manner to do so or being told in the briefings of some of the MP missions to fly around the battle area for hundreds of kilometres to the key targets just around the corner from the jaws of a fighter as if the fighters is the only concern for them and the list can go on just to point out that there is a gap without supersonic bombers like those above.

Ok, point two: the fighters tactics would change as well, a lot, and consequently the missions bringing in the leap of the whole new experience into the game.

Would you consider an exception of these planes in the game even if there is a luck of classified data for producing an advanced flight model for the sake of for filing the mentioned gap?:blow:

I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.

What about the Su-25T? No mention in the polls so I voted for the "vanilla" version. Honestly I think it combines the best ground attack qualities while not using an overcomplicated hud. Generally I prefer the russian planes for this reason.

The american F-15E(if not mistaken) is a also a good attack plane but not modeled at all in LOMAC. I don't particulary care for the A10. The russian SU-30 is also a good attack plane but its a 2 seater and probably tough to fly and simulate.

I agree with the original poster that stealth aircraft would be a nice addition to the mix including russian stealth planes if there are any. I would really like to see how stealthy they really are in regards to radar detection both from air and ground platforms! I have shot down several F111's using the SU-27 so either they are not as stealthy as some would think or LOMAC is mispresenting them.

I agree with the original poster that stealth aircraft would be a nice addition to the mix including russian stealth planes if there are any. I would really like to see how stealthy they really are in regards to radar detection both from air and ground platforms! I have shot down several F111's using the SU-27 so either they are not as stealthy as some would think or LOMAC is mispresenting them.

Good point about stealth aircraft although the F-111 reference was made to this: this

The idea of this poll is to see preferences for the fast jets with guided weapons and thus diference of choices between fast and slow A2G planes whereas stealth is just another matter.

If I was given a choice between A2A and A2G I would do both in a fast jet with guided weapons however my biger attitude is the mission flying and how more intricate it can get, another wards, less concentration on the triger and more concentration on the task.

Just an idea folks.:)

I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.

The F-117A and B-2 planes are no longer classified! As such I don't see why they can't be accurately modeled in a simulation. Indeed they would be a great addition to the game from every aspect but there seems to be a lack of interest from the gaming community and developers.

Other nice additions would be F-22 raptor, JSF, harriers, and heck maybe even an Aurora! Now that we are talking high tech why not model gps guided bombs like those used in Iraq and Afghanistan? The list is endless!

Please remember if we have a example ninety years of XX centruy we can't give planes which are in regular service example from 2000 year. Example in Lock on we couldn't give F-22 Raptor (even if neccesary infos are available), if we give Raptor, Su-35\Mig-29 OVT and Su-47 should be also.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Please remember if we have a example ninety years of XX centruy we can't give planes which are in regular service example from 2000 year. Example in Lock on we couldn't give F-22 Raptor (even if neccesary infos are available), if we give Raptor, Su-35\Mig-29 OVT and Su-47 should be also.

Ok. I understand your logic. This game is based on third and fourth generation aircraft while the above mentioned are fifth. Hopefully in the near future we get a flt simulator with fifth generation aircraft(cross fingers)!

Su-47 shouldn't be anywhere. It's a one-off demonstrator, not a production combat aircraft. Same with MiG-29OVT ... MiG-35 on the other hand might be viable since it's now 'on the market'.

Siimilarly, I'm not certain if the Su-35 has entered production or rather, has been sold to anyone. The VVS is upgrading their Su-27S to SU-27SM, IIRC.

Raptors, on the other hand, have already been deployed. They'd make for a boring game though, blasting enemy flights out of the sky without being seen ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Raptors, on the other hand, have already been deployed. They'd make for a boring game though, blasting enemy flights out of the sky without being seen ;)

Alternatively the Raptors getting pwned second-to-none by the Red coalitions S-400's........Feathers everywhere ;)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

How? A raptor will lob an SDB from 50nm away, turn around and go home. Those S-400's will be hard-pressed to pwn anything under such circumstances - and if that's not enough, add a little F-18G as backup to ensure the raptors don't get targetted ... the S-400 isn't some magical anti-stealth weapon, and it never will be ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

As Roger Bacon said:

"The strongest arguments prove nothing so long as the conclusions are not verified by experience."

Let's hope our speculations are never verified ;) :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Yeah, that might not be pleasant because in the end, it would end with a nuclear exchange. Here, have some fallout. Here's some for you too, and one for you, and ... :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It would be nice to have UCAVS on this list.

Have the program Launch 10 or so over a battlefield and the player could switch between them and engage, track(Recon) and designate targets for other players or AI.

That would be very cool.

My mission is to fly, fight, and win. o-:|:-o What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.

How? A raptor will lob an SDB from 50nm away, turn around and go home. Those S-400's will be hard-pressed to pwn anything under such circumstances - and if that's not enough, add a little F-18G as backup to ensure the raptors don't get targetted ... the S-400 isn't some magical anti-stealth weapon, and it never will be ;)

That is almost an understatement! It's not that stealth planes are completly stealth, however, their greatly reduced RCS, near zero heat signature, low acoustical emissions and god knows what else make them near stealth.

Thats really bad news if your on the receiving end! For example, if they can be detected at 15 kms or less(speculating as actual figures are deeply classified) then any missiles fired from the "stealth" platform from long range will have destroyed the target/s well before the planes are picked up on radar and defensive measures can be taken.

Thats like getting hit by tomahawk cruise missiles from 200-300 miles offshore....even if you know they are cruising there isn't much to do!