JF-17 Price?

MobiSev

rrohde, ( and this is not directed at you, since I know do did all you can) VKB can't talk broken promises / timelines, lack of customer service.

I waited well over one year and just gave up

Its not about what's cheap and the escalation cost, this is about getting fair value with the correct support and more importantly when DEVs comes out "selling the dream" that they stick with what they are selling and stick to a timeline that they can work with. Too often Dev's sell and dump then focus on the next project. FACT : its happened plenty of times with DCS modules and they are all guilty of it.

I am here talk DCS first and foremost... I guess I should disable my signature from here on out...

Only UIV and AeroGator represent VKB HQ - Thanks.

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah old schooler here who loves round gauges, lots and lots of knobs,buttons and leaves a long black streak across the sky. This looks great for the menu clickers.

So how do you work all those knobs and buttons? Oh yeah you click on them just like a menu :joystick::pilotfly:

Not really ... please remember that back on 2011 the A-10C had a normal price of US$ 60 .. have you ever heard of inflation?

Every gaming component that I've added to my PC to play DCS has been more expensive than any DCS aircraft .. TrackIR: US$ 150 ... TM Warthog Hotas: US$ 450 ... RTX-2070 graphics card: US$ 520 ... Oculus Rift S: US$ 460

... so, complaining that the most important component of our gaming rig costs US$ 70 ? :doh:

You can use all that hardware for other things than DCS you know?

Not really .. the gaming tower pc is nowadays a dying breed, I use mine only to play DCS ... for my work and personal hobbies I use a laptop and a smartphone, as most people do these days.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

You can mine bitcoin to offset module costs!

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Not really .. the gaming tower pc is nowadays a dying breed, I use mine only to play DCS ... for my work and personal hobbies I use a laptop and a smartphone, as most people do these days.

Just because you don't use it for anything else it doesn't mean it is dying. Everyone in my clan has at least one gaming PC "tower". Why would you use a laptop to game? To have inferior hardware with higher price and temps in the 80º-90ºC range?

Personally, I have a couple of good gaming desktops, and another two decen gaming laptops. My son, which is 14, plays most of the time in his desktop. So people that play anything half seriously on PC uses a "tower". Heck, even one of my work mates that isn't even a serious gamer upgraded his old gaming PC, still a desktop.

Just because you don't use it for anything else it doesn't mean it is dying.

PC sales have declined continuously over the last 7 years (https://www.gartner.com/en/newsroom/press-releases/2019-01-10-gartner-says-worldwide-pc-shipments-declined-4-3-perc)

Everyone in my clan has at least one gaming PC "tower".

Clan gamers are a small fraction of computer users .. so, that all your clan members own a gaming PC is not unusual, but it doesn't means that the PC market as a whole isn't contracting ... and in particular the Desktop PCs are contracting faster than the Laptops.

So people that play anything half seriously on PC uses a "tower".

People that play on PC is not a majority .. if you look beyond your buble you will see that most gaming is nowadays done on mobile devices and on consoles, not gaming PCs

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

For how long will the EA sale continue? Until the end of this month?

Yes, it will last only until the end of this year. So, if you purchase it now, you save US$ 10 off the list price, plus you get US$ 6.99 in miles that you can use to save from a future purchase (Supercarrier? :) )

Isn't that study primarily about the supposedly popular laptop producers and ready-made PCs? Nowadays the norm is to build your own/let a friend build one/shop assembles it, the lack of choice and silly prices scared people off. Id sooner look at AMD, Intel and Nvidia stocks over the last 5 years for that, theyre all on the up-and-up.

But anyways, using it exclusively for DCS is the outlier at hand

Isn't that study primarily about the supposedly popular laptop producers and ready-made PCs?

No, the point of the study is that Personal Computer sales are decreasing, while the world population is increasing ... so, something is going on ... my opinion is that the average technology user is increasingly choosing a Smartphone and/or Tablet instead of a Laptop or Desktop PC.

Nowadays the norm is to build your own/let a friend build one/shop assembles it ...

That may be the norm among DCS users, but that is hardly representative of the population at large.

Anyway, we may deny it all we want .. but we can already see some signs of the gaming PC decline: every year there are less shops that sell computer parts, the trend of lower hardware prices that we enjoyed over several years has slowed to the point that nowadays the only hardware that is getting cheaper are the SSDs .. the RAM, processors and video cards have kept the same prices.

Now, Microsoft will release its new simulator not only on PC, it will also work on the Xbox .. because MS can see the trend of the declining Gaming PC. It wouldnt surprise me if Thrustmaster would release some HOTAS meant for xBox once the FS2020 arrives.

We will just have to wait and see :)