JF-17 Price?

MobiSev

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I understood the latest Q&A correctly, I think there'll be an alternative way to get the module where we get to play one day early, right?

That's the way I read it but I don't know how that would work since it'll still be dependence on ED releasing the Open Beta Update with the aircraft files and all the supporting changes to the core program (unless DCS will be releasing the update on Tuesday ?)

That's the way I read it but I don't know how that would work since it'll still be dependence on ED releasing the Open Beta Update with the aircraft files and all the supporting changes to the core program (unless DCS will be releasing the update on Tuesday ?)

In the translation, it said we would be able to purchase it one day early on their website, which was a WIP, but we wouldn't get it any sooner than the 4th. I'll dig up a link to the translation when I get a chance.

Edit - Original interview in Chinese - https://www.bilibili.com/read/cv4051559

Translation - Q: When will it be on sale? A: 12/4, but one day early if you buy it through us. We will tell you how that works in detail in one to two days, but if you buy through STEAM then you can't buy through us.

Was the second question asked, or at least translated.

Edited by Steve Gee

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

In the translation, it said we would be able to purchase it one day early on their website, which was a WIP, but we wouldn't get it any sooner than the 4th. I'll dig up a link to the translation when I get a chance.

Edit - Original interview in Chinese - https://www.bilibili.com/read/cv4051559

Translation - Q: When will it be on sale? A: 12/4, but one day early if you buy it through us. We will tell you how that works in detail in one to two days, but if you buy through STEAM then you can't buy through us.

Was the second question asked, or at least translated.

Here is a post on reddit with a translated Q&A too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit/comments/e2e58l/deka_jf17_bilibili_qa/

As far as I could tell, its for the Chinese market primarily, and I think it will only allow you to purchase a day early. Not play a day early. But I could be wrong.

As far as I could tell, its for the Chinese market primarily, and I think it will only allow you to purchase a day early. Not play a day early. But I could be wrong.

That's what I took from it, their web purchasing more oriented for the Chinese market.

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

I think at most $69.99 is fair. Heatblur put out an amazing product, but to be frank $80 is the limit for how expensive any module should be, and the F-14 is the highest quality aircraft out of anything we've seen yet. Also keep in mind that Heatblur promised F-14 buyers the F-14A, so technically you're getting two different aircraft for that price. Don't get me wrong, the JF-17 is also an amazing piece of equipment, but I don't feel that it packs quite the same amount of content.

Edit: F/A-18C being $80 completely went over my head somehow. That one I'm not sure I can justify, it just feels like $80 is far too expensive for a module only offering so much, especially when competitors (IL-2), while not offering the same level of fidelity, still have a lot more content for a fraction of the price.

Edited by Blitz262

I think at most $69.99 is fair. Heatblur put out an amazing product, but to be frank $80 is the limit for how expensive any module should be, and the F-14 is the highest quality aircraft out of anything we've seen yet. Also keep in mind that Heatblur promised F-14 buyers the F-14A, so technically you're getting two different aircraft for that price. Don't get me wrong, the JF-17 is also an amazing piece of equipment, but I don't feel that it packs quite the same amount of content.

When jf17 was released, it was almost complete

Video game is a very personalized hobby, especially military related games.

Players decide to buy or not, according to what he loved/liked/hated, price is not the main reason.

Half the price, double the sales, this rule will not happen in this market.

Price is expected to be 69.99 till end of year and 79.99 afterwards. Read above response from developer again and again until we become indoctrinated. :smartass:

When jf17 was released, it was almost complete

But... it hasn't been released yet? Also, while it'll mostly be finished when it drops on Dec. 4th, that doesn't mean Deka should charge an exuberant amount compared to the other aircraft in game. Which I guess at this point $79.99 isn't when compared to EDs newer stuff and the F-14, but imo only the F-14 deserves that price. If charging that much for modules actually earns them more money, then I guess there's a case for it, but personally I think for the amount of content we're getting that price point is too high.

If what's being said about Deka's actual plan is true, I think $69.99 is a great price but that it shouldn't be raised next year.

But... it hasn't been released yet? Also, while it'll mostly be finished when it drops on Dec. 4th, that doesn't mean Deka should charge an exuberant amount compared to the other aircraft in game. Which I guess at this point $79.99 isn't when compared to EDs newer stuff and the F-14, but imo only the F-14 deserves that price. If charging that much for modules actually earns them more money, then I guess there's a case for it, but personally I think for the amount of content we're getting that price point is too high.

If what's being said about Deka's actual plan is true, I think $69.99 is a great price but that it shouldn't be raised next year.

There's people who literally shat out 59.99 for the F-16, same with the F-18 and those things were no where near finished nor are they at this stage either....soo...yea theres that

There's people who literally shat out 59.99 for the F-16, same with the F-18 and those things were no where near finished nor are they at this stage either....soo...yea theres that

With the promise to continue development on them until they're complete, which in my opinion is fair. I don't support ED taking on so many projects at once, but I'm more than happy that I got to fly my Viper early. Anyways, this isn't a thread about that so I'm not going to derail it.

I guess if you guys really feel like spending $80 on a module then there's a case for charging that much, but for the rest of us... let's just say ED has a lot of sales every year for a reason.

Here's my "two cents."

I give every developer one module to show me what they got. After that I can accurately asses the developer myself and determine what I think their work is worth. I'm excited for the JF-17 and it looks promising. I don't, truly, know if the Thunder will be worth whatever price they set until I get my hands on her and experience it for myself; including support, bug fixes, updates, etc...

I will buy the JF-17 as soon as it is available and we will have to wait and see if they can live up to the hype.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

yeah I'm too cheap to pay $69.99-79.99 for a 3rd party module. Too many broken promises and delays. If it is great etc... Can always change my mind, but I won't be hopping on the train anytime soon.

Sorry if you are a razbam customer.....

You must be coming from the Hawk LOL....

This is not a $80 Module

no, i'm coming from the hornet. Where is the TGP? (the real one) Where is A/G radar? where is TWS? where is full Link-16? where is MUMI? i could go on and on. FFS you couldn't even over G the airframe until last week. you oculd pull the breakers, yank the stick for 30+G's and then laugh all the way home. wings and stores perfectly intact.

if quality and % of completeness are dictating price at realase, this should probably be a $360 module, since its got about 4 times the features the 18 did on release.

Sorry if you are a razbam customer.....

no, i'm coming from the hornet. Where is the TGP? (the real one) Where is A/G radar? where is TWS? where is full Link-16? where is MUMI? i could go on and on. FFS you couldn't even over G the airframe until last week. you oculd pull the breakers, yank the stick for 30+G's and then laugh all the way home. wings and stores perfectly intact.

if quality and % of completeness are dictating price at realase, this should probably be a $360 module, since its got about 4 times the features the 18 did on release.

Spoken like a real customer. I just hope these devs begin to follow HB's lead and walk away from the half-finished products at the $59.99+ price point with nothing but promises and pushed deadlines for the "tiers of upgrades to fullfillment" that has been set as standard to take advantage of us the customers. I am willing to give Deka an opportunity as it seems they are folllowing trail behind HB business model. I hope these devs set the tone even for ED's release standards.

Tbh it's quite amazing deka managed a full module without general public testing data. That's a great advantage of early access to developers. They get plenty of testing data and obscure bugs get picked up. It's easier to fix a single subsystem as it is being developed instead of trying to fix everything at the end when most design decisions have already been set in stone.

yeah I'm too cheap to pay $69.99-79.99 for a 3rd party module. Too many broken promises and delays. If it is great etc... Can always change my mind, but I won't be hopping on the train anytime soon.

What are you gonna do? Spend the money filling your car with liquor bottles from the LC? (S05E01). Lol.

Edited by CommanderRabb

Modules - F-18, F-16, Spitfire, F-5, Supercarrier, F-14, A10-C, MiG-21, Huey