fianally...in cockpit comms

fitness88

This is a much needed add-onthumbup.gif

Due to Open Beta Delay...

As a small bonus for your patience we have prepared a Thanksgiving gift – our new VoIP in-game feature:

DCS Voice Chat gives our players the possibility to talk within DCS multiplayer sessions without the need to use other applications. It's based on WebRTC technology and brings high-quality audio communication to the game right out of the box.

For the initial release, DCS Voice Chat contains one common room and separate rooms for each coalition with free movement between common and chosen coalition rooms. Soon after the initial release, we'll add support of user-created rooms with the possibility to create a personal audio chat for you and your friends. Also, you can choose to use an open mic or Push-to-talk function.

Edited by fitness88

It's going to be pretty cool when it's fully fleshed out. SRS is amazing right now and it'll be a while before ED catches up, but I'd definitely prefer to not have to use a separate application for comms.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

really looking forward to it.

i hope we can get integration with cockpit PTT as fast as possible, maybe even in phase 1 rollout already, where users would just manually assign different voice channels to their aircrafts ptt buttons?!

thoughts on implementation here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=254447

It's going to be pretty cool when it's fully fleshed out. SRS is amazing right now and it'll be a while before ED catches up, but I'd definitely prefer to not have to use a separate application for comms.

My 2 cents on this is that they pushed it out too early. I dunno what the logic was, give the gentlemen with the torches and pitchforks something?

At this point no one is going to use it online because SRS is better and already works. So until they get close to the functionality of SRS its going to languish.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

My 2 cents on this is that they pushed it out too early. I dunno what the logic was, give the gentlemen with the torches and pitchforks something?

At this point no one is going to use it online because SRS is better and already works. So until they get close to the functionality of SRS its going to languish.

That's why I say when it's fully fleshed out. Still having a native option for VOIP is a good thing, especially for new players, no matter if it gets used a lot or not. Worst case, you mute/disable it and go about your day.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

ED was talking about a comunications systems from some time ago, has nothing new.

ED newsletter 11 January 2019

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3735513&postcount=178

In addition to this new Server software, the team has also been at work developing an integrated Voice Over IP (VOIP) system for DCS World which is based on the growing Web RTC standard. The first phase will allow users to use and create “rooms” and the second phase would integrate the VOIP into in-cockpit radio controls.

That's why I say when it's fully fleshed out. Still having a native option for VOIP is a good thing, especially for new players, no matter if it gets used a lot or not. Worst case, you mute/disable it and go about your day.

Yeah I agree, once its fleshed out it sounds like it will be good. But till that day comes I can't see alot of MP servers using it vs SRS which they already use.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

The same logic like for every other EA module released, you are supposed to BETA TEST this and give feedback. :beer: ;)

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

I welcome this announcement. But I also wonder whether our simmers will adopt it. I have installed SRS, Teamspeak and Discord. But when I'm on MP I rarely find someone to talk to. To some extent I understand why people are reluctant to mess with these 3rd party packages, although voice communication is really crucial for the fun factor of MP.

In my opinion the first version should be easy to use and provide real benefit in order to get people hooked and change the culture in MP from many lonely individuals to cooperating teams.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I have Discord but never find anyone on I can talk to, is this SRS?

Most who are on are behind password protected rooms.

There is no room system in SRS. It's interfaced with your aircraft radio so you have to set the dedicated frequency to talk to others. It's the immersion factor that I wish ED will implement if they really want their system to be adopted.

to get people hooked and change the culture in MP from many lonely individuals to cooperating teams.

Actually it's hard to speak to people you don't know, even harder to make a group of players to fight together with stuff supposed to work better under orders and hierarchy.

And even even harder to overcome the language barrier, the crappy accents (yeah like mine), and the awful sound quality.

Edited by Bogey Jammer

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

My question is this: what will the ED solution be for the fact we will be using a PTT button for both AI comms (talking to wingman, ATC,Tanker, etc) and PTT button for VoIP/multiplayer communication? I’m relativity new to SRS and think it’s incredible, but haven’t found a great solution for the fact that I basically need two PPT buttons per radio, which is annoying when you’re already limited to joystick buttons. My current solution is using a modifier for AI comms PTT (since I use it less than the VoIP PTT) with my warthog, but wish there was a better way. It’s a bit annoying using the same PTT for each comm purpose, anyone that uses SRS knows what I mean, I think! Or if someone has a better way please share!

TM Warthog, Oculus Rift, Win10...

Standard menu call buttons also act like PTT for SRS in the same time so it's the same buttons, but I've not tested that yet in MP

Edited by Bogey Jammer

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

I welcome this announcement. But I also wonder whether our simmers will adopt it. I have installed SRS, Teamspeak and Discord. But when I'm on MP I rarely find someone to talk to. To some extent I understand why people are reluctant to mess with these 3rd party packages, although voice communication is really crucial for the fun factor of MP.

In my opinion the first version should be easy to use and provide real benefit in order to get people hooked and change the culture in MP from many lonely individuals to cooperating teams.

+1:thumbup:

Another chapter in the ever repeating story of:

"Please give us "X", Please give us "X", we need "X"

"X" arrives...,

and the response is "Great !,

followed only a moment later by:

no - wait !

we need "Y"!

"X" is no use !

Why have they given us "X" when we need "Y" ?

You say "Y" is coming ?

But why target "Y" when "Z" is what would make us all happy ?

Cheers.

Another chapter in the ever repeating story of:

"Please give us "X", Please give us "X", we need "X"

"X" arrives...,

and the response is "Great !,

followed only a moment later by:

no - wait !

we need "Y"!

"X" is no use !

Why have they given us "X" when we need "Y" ?

You say "Y" is coming ?

But why target "Y" when "Z" is what would make us all happy ?

I think that’s a gross misrepresentation. I think it is clear/obvious for all what an ED delivers comms capability needs to entail to be effective. If all we needed was a room per coalition then why even bother when discord and ts3 exists.

I can understand them pushing it out iteratively to learn, but the fact that Ed seems to be sharing this as a ‘isn’t this great’ when it is far from what is needed, objectively worse than third parties is the problem.

If they showed some humility ‘we know this is a very simple implementation, and there is a huge amount more we need to do to get it to an acceptable state for you, but this is a learning process for us. Currently we are anticipating that properly tied in to radio capability will be delivered in Q? 202?’ That would be far better than ‘great news guys! Look at this amazing thing’. The tone they set needs to match the initial and end delivery states.

• ED Team

As mentioned before we will be starting with simple rooms first.

Development will continue and eventually encompass the radio systems.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Well if we don’t use it and provide feedback then I don’t see them applying most attention to it. I really would love native voip not that I heave probleswith srs but not having to run a separate app would be nice. I for start dcs jumping in the ac turn the power on tune the radio and your ready to go Imo I would like to see all existing modules completed before new ones are worked on but that’s not going to happen because there would be no funds coming in to pay the team. Iirc dcs world is free or was when I got into it it’s the extra stuff that costs. I would like to see multicrew working in the aircraft where it was promised like the huey and hornet. It would be nice if all multi position aircraft would get it but I’m not expecting that to happen. As I can think of right now there a handful of mods that haven’t been released as completed the harrier, viper, hornet are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I realize that the viper has system that are in the hornet or harrier or that are very similar and those are the systems.that are holding back the release version of the mods. I also relive that different people want different stuff some want the carrier based stuff released other want more wwii stuff and others want combined arms items while others want more res real estateto fly over and finally those wanting the multi position of aircraft working. There’s my rant.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.