DCS World and Reshade

• 7 months later...

Quick question: does reshade offer anti aliasing that is not as taxing on the gpu? 

I can completely get rid of shimmering textures by setting msaa to 2X and ssaa to1.5, but its pretty heavy. My  GTX1060 will go from 80 fps to 40fps.

Thanks

Edited by TheCoyoteHunter

"The problem with internet quotes is it is very hard to determine their authenticity." --Abraham Lincoln

DCS: FC3, FA-18C Hornet, Supercarrier, P-51D Mustang, F-5E Tiger II, A-10C II Tank Killer, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Normandy 2.0, WWII Assets Pack.

Thank-you for the reply.

Is SMAA through re-shade?

I tried MSAA through the Nvidia Control Panel, but alone it left lots to be desired. Perhaps it may be better with SMAA.

"The problem with internet quotes is it is very hard to determine their authenticity." --Abraham Lincoln

DCS: FC3, FA-18C Hornet, Supercarrier, P-51D Mustang, F-5E Tiger II, A-10C II Tank Killer, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Normandy 2.0, WWII Assets Pack.

Thanks I'll have to give it a try.

Coyote

It actually does a pretty good job after adjusting the settings to my preference. Only downside is, I like to run in G-Sync compatible mode. My Monitor is Free Sync, but my GTX 1060 in G-Sync compatible mode works so well. With Re-Shade I cannot get G-sync Compatible mode to work.

I'll play around with it yet, but so far with MSAA at 2X and SSAA at 1.5, I get 45fps down low and 70fps up high, with virtually no shimmering effects. Game looks really great too.

With Re-Shade I can remove most of the shimmering and stay over 65fps, however weird as it sounds, the lower fps with G-Sync feels smoother. The Fake HDR in Re-Shade looks pretty awesome too.

Too many choices these days.

Coyote

• Like 1

Hunter Joker,

check my post linked above. It´s anput the "water" but gives you general information on reshade and my preset for download. I tried several settings but this is what I like most. Depending on clouds (percentage of skycoverage) I only tune the "sky temperature" and I am good to go. prod80´s shaders are highly recommended. Maybe you need to adjust gamma settings in main options of DCS to your liking.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

21 hours ago, Hunter Joker said:

Could You share Your preset? Thx.

Inviato dal mio BLA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

I don't know a better setting than the default one.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

• 1 month later...

I installed ReShade and a Moltar profile I had dated 4/12/21 and noting happened...at least in VR. I did see changes on the monitor but nothing in the HMD. Any thoughts?

MSI Z490 Tomahawk, I5-11600kf, 2X512GB NvME, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3200, Reverb G2, T50-CM2, OpenXR

31st TFW, 14th MAS, 9th ARS

• 4 months later...
On 8/12/2020 at 5:14 PM, YSIAD_RIP said:

ReShade is excellent.

I am using it now for extra sharpening and SMAA, as I disabled DCS MSAA 2x

It is fun playing with the plethora of FX shader/filters.

Thanks!

Hey. Can you post your Reshade settings for that? and can you confirm you gain performance doing that?.

Thanks

Edited by chichowalker

15 hours ago, chichowalker said:

Hey. Can you post your Reshade settings for that? and can you confirm you gain performance doing that?.

Thanks

Reshade Settings: Only using [SMAA.fx] shader set at defaults from install

F-86F - Cold Start - Caucasus 

| NO AA     | F1 Cockpit view | 97 FPS | 

| MSAA 2X | F1 Cockpit view | 80 FPS |

| SMAA.fx  | F1 Cockpit view | 93 FPS | 

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

I think I'm the only one who sees red warning line about writing permission.

I tried to give permission to write DCS folder, bin folder etc. etc. but I couldn't do that.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

3 hours ago, Devrim said:

Hi.

I tried to give permission to write DCS folder, bin folder etc. etc. but I couldn't do that.

I think I had the same problem back when I ran DCS using an ID that did not have Admin Privilege. With my new computer I run my userID as Admin access all the time because nothing in this world makes sense anymore thanks to the "NEW ABNORMAL" 🤧

Suggestion # 1:   

• Did you also try in \bin Security tab:  Advanced >> Select box for Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries form this object? 

Suggestion # 2:

• Select Allow for: Modify, Read & execute, Write

Suggestion #2

• Worst case:  set bin security to Full control and in Advanced Select box for Replace all child object permission....... 

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/30/2022 at 6:32 PM, Devrim said:

Hi.

Move the Eagle Dynamics folder out of the programs folder and up one level so it is in the C drive.

• Like 1

4930K @ 4.5, 32g ram, TitanPascal

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/4/2020 at 3:48 PM, M0ltar said:

You just redownload reshade and go through the reinstall process. It will ask about the update during that process.

@M0ltar I know this is a bit old but I couldnt find another relative thread. Where are the "UPDATE" instructions found? I ask because yesterday I went to update the current based on the information provided in the quote and I installed it in the same manner as I installed the older version and I got to the prompt with 3 options:

Update

Update with new files

Uninstall

Well, not knowing any better, I figured I was UPDATING so why wouldnt I want newer files (makes sense to me), so I updated with newer files and DCS wouldnt load, kept giving me some sort of Shader error.

Tried to uninstall using the same updater and it said it uninstalled but DCS still wouldnt run due to Shader error. Thank goodness i did a system backup prior because I had to do a restore to get it back and running.

Thanks for any help.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

On 5/5/2022 at 8:24 PM, Habu_69 said:

I am looking for a good reshade.ini for DCS. Moltar's default in first post is a dead link. Anyone care to share?

If it's any good - judge for yourself. You need the VR_CAS-filter for it.

My Preset is very subtle. Mainly sharpening and a bit of de-saturation and contrast. You can turn off the debanding if you don't need it. I use it mainly at night.

Hiob_Reshade_Profile.ini VR_CAS_Color.fx

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

• 1 month later...
On 1/20/2024 at 1:50 PM, Hiob said:

If it's any good - judge for yourself. You need the VR_CAS-filter for it.

My Preset is very subtle. Mainly sharpening and a bit of de-saturation and contrast. You can turn off the debanding if you don't need it. I use it mainly at night.

Hiob_Reshade_Profile.ini 2.37 kB · 22 downloads VR_CAS_Color.fx 7.47 kB · 12 downloads

Did you manage to get reshade working in VR MT?

PS I managed to get it working by simply installing the latest version that supports OpenXR, and running in OpenXR. It does make the game look noticeably better!

I did however encounter a weird effect, where the game crashes if I try to toggle labels. But I have played without labels for a few hours and it otherwise works well.

Edited by PawlaczGMD
  • Like 2