This forum is dead!

Alright for me... One forum less to have an eye on!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Hoping to enjoy both, Wild Bill is right though, things are pretty damn quiet on here these days - thought it was me !! Just looked on the BS site Forums, lots of talk about nothing much, people pushing for answers they are not going to get for a while.

Keep the faith.......Fixed Wing is fun !

Or fixed wing fans are patiently awaiting ED's announcement that a patch will be released for FC. :shifty:

that would be it, waiting patiently, and quietly:music_whistling:

i wouldn't say dead WBK (how you going mate), more of a coma of sorts.

and i am sure a 1.13 patch would be just the thing to bring it back to life:thumbup:

Keep the faith.......Fixed Wing is fun !

Couldn't agree more. Although I am not a fan of choppers, I will get a copy of Black Shark just to support Eagle Dynamics.

* Anxiously waiting for AFM for the fixed wings *

Intel Xeon E5-1650 v2

ASUS Sabertooth X79

4 x 4GB Crucial Ballistix VLP PC3-12800

ASUS Cerberus GTX 1070 Ti 8 Gb

Seasonic Platinum 860W

Thrustmaster Cougar Uber II Nxt

CH Products PT/TQ/MFP

Slaw Pedals

TrackIR 5

Just looked on the BS site Forums, lots of talk about nothing much, people pushing for answers they are not going to get for a while.

Yeah, and they all are talking about things that might come. Only guesses, suggestions, speculations so far until BS actually hits the shelfs...

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]

To be honest, I didn't expect this to happen. I had no idea that there are so many helo entusiasts. But yes, I also noticed the lack of activity here lately. I guess it's normal, once(eventualy) patch 1.13 is confirmed I suppose this place will start to boil.

At least the HL activity remains the same and of course- we have RF! :thumbup:

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Am I the only one that thinks the forum inactivity here can partially be because of the re-arrangement of the forum?

It can be!

Things are harder to find now on the rearranged forum, like our project (DFDTcockpit), you have to dig deep in to the forum to find it, pitty!

Oh.... , when NEW things are announced, the lack of interrest in existing things seems to be a

human reaction.

But maybe when al the fuzz around DCS is calming down people get back to FC.

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

Oh.... , when NEW things are announced, the lack of interrest in existing things seems to be a

human reaction.

But maybe when al the fuzz around DCS is calming down people get back to FC.

I think you are %100 right here!

[sIGPIC]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa200/misikci/41-imza-1.jpg[/sIGPIC]

"To infinity...and beyond!.."

SIM-MOD Modeler

TURK!

I have reduced my activity in Lockon myself but was more due to RL issues other than DCS. I have registered already but have only taken a look arround, I havent seen much.

Yes activity almost stoped and this looks like an empty old theatre like UBI became shortly after Flamming cliffs came out. I think this is a sign that peaople are craving for new stuff and that Lockon is seeing its sunset.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Certainly the opening of the DCS forum took away some posts. Plus the reorganisation of the Lockon Forums removed some stuff from the General forum. But "dead"? I would say that is a bit harsh.

I can't recall a time when so many folks were working on new stuff. Just check out the terrific looking Mods that various folks are working on at the moment (for example the AdA mod from the French community and the stuff at sim-mod.com - ground crew, new A-10 model, terrain, airbase). Everytime I see new screenies from those Projects, I'm drooling....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

For the forum or for the SIM?

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I visit this form quite often seeking information on whether or not ED has decided to proceed with patch 1.13, since we all know BS will not include jets.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

The problem is, we had very good discussions in this forum about real hardware starting from the game. Now everything not directly on topic is moved, and we have a separate military and aviation forum. In itself a good idea, but I think lack of binding with the game will mean much less activity.

A pity, because I really liked the discussions on radar performance etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are fantastic mods coming up! Check out the mod section.

As long as ED is not able to launch a jet in DCS (and hear my word:

THIS WILL TAKE AAAAALL YOUR PATIENCE AGAIN!) the forum here

is still the best to be up to date with Lock-On.

Greetings

krel01

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I agree, the new Mods coming up will bring me back to Lockon. I've been playing IL2 1946 so far this year. Since I am also buying a new system soon, I will be able to finally get some great fps in Lockon even with the new mods.

But this General Discussions forum has been very slow the past few weeks. And the Mods forum is starting to move over to the Sim-Mods.com forums.

Beside a patch 1.13, this forum will not be dead at all. That is because

- not all Lock-On / FC fans are helo fans as well, some can live without BS (like me)

- newbies are popping up all the time

- modders will entertain us with new stuff

Exactley. Im sure their are waves of people who will for the first time get into a chopper sim with BS. Even though they have wanted to for years. While these people may be chopper heads they will probley start buying FC too.

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/