[KNOWN ISSUE] Radio - Presets do not work, manual / Jester dialed works

viper2097

Just would like to ask if there is a known bug with the radio presets? Observed it so far only on the RIO radio.

If I enter the correct frequencies in the ME, and then manualy (as RIO) select a preset, or tell Jester to select a preset, I don't get a respond from the one I try to talk to.

When dialing in the frequency manual (as RIO) it works.

When i tell Jester to dial in the frequency manual (digits, no preset), it works.

Seems like there is still a wrong preset frequency, or? Nope:

Stennis was on Preset 2.

Told Jester to use preset 2. He dialed it in, got no response from the Stennis.

Told Jester to dial in the Stennis (TAC -> Stennis). Radio stayedl on the preset and did not change to a manual frequency. -> Suddenly it worked.

(No AM/FM messed up)

When this problem occours, it is reproduceable (no answer when on presets, ansewrs when dialing in manual or via TAC), unfortuantely, I did not found out when it occours.

Did anybody else observed something similar?

Edited by IronMike

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

This is a known issue we discovered recently. If you startup with Jester, he sets the 182 to FM instead of AM. if you select a tac channel or a manual frequency in the AM range he will switch, but if you select channel presets, he leaves it in FM. hopefully we can fix this soon, no idea why this suddenly started happening.

Thanks for the report.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Not sure if this is related or if it warrants another bug report but..

It seems that the radio display is messed up as well.

All of this refers to the AN/ARC-159

Previously, when switching from preset to manual, it would show the frequency of that preset.

Now however, when switching from preset to manual, it will show and tune the frequency of preset 1 or the last manually dialled frequency.

Example:

preset 1 is 235

preset 2 is 305

If I select preset 2 (305 and AWACS) I can communicate with AWACS. If I then switch to manual, it will show and tune preset 1. If I change that manual frequency to 258 for example. whenever I switch back to manual from preset, it will go to 258.

I'm not sure if this is how it is supposed to be or if its a related bug.