FlightSim Junkie - Getting Started Tutorials

David OC

How to find and download DCS standalone

Computer specifications and expectations

Walkthrough of my old system to new system

How to find your PC specifications and make a list

Signing up to the shop and using the same login when launching DCS

Where to get PC help and ask for advice (PC Hardware and Related Software Forum Section)

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

First launch of DCS

Quick settings Walkthrough

First mission launch (10:30) brand new DCS install

Explaining the views in game (12:20)

How to set your default view, zoom and save it, showing controls and keyboard (Picture in Picture). (15:02)

Also Showing why Track IR is a good thing for sims

Finding all the DCS aircraft and sim manuals. Creating window short cuts to them etc (18:00)

Other good guides to download Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Saving Snap views

Might do a quick video soon

Couldn't say it better myself.

Customising a Snap View:

1. Set your current view up as you want it saved.

2. Press LWin+NumN - NumN being whichever numeric keypad key you intend customising. Your view will briefly snap to whatever the current snap view setting is for that key, then return to your previous view.

3. Press RAlt+Num0 - The snap view should now be saved.

Test it by changing your view, then holding down LWin+NumX - you should see your customised snap view!

Important: Disable/Pause your Track-IR/Head-tracker while doing it !

Keys to use when setting up the view:

"Num/ - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Back

"Num5" Cockpit Camera Move Center

"Num2 - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Down

"Num* - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Forward

"Num8 - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Up

"Num8" Turn Cockpit Camera Up

"Num2" Turn Cockpit Camera Down

"Num/" FOV- aka Zoom-in

"Num*" FOV+ aka Zoom-out

"NumEnter" Default FOV aka Zoom

Best regards

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Setting up the Free Su-25t with a single joystick and keyboard.

I give some ideas here that you can play with using the keyboard and single joystick. I even started out flying the A-10C using a single stick and keyboard.

TF-51D Single Joystick Setup

Very Basic getup and fly guide

It's a little dark and needs redoing

Edited by David OC

DCS Trackir Setup in simulator

12:40 Important to have a zoom in, out and a reset zoom key on your controls.

14:39 I go over Trackir camera and headset positioning, this is very important if you are having trackir tracking problems.

New faster multiplayer profile below

I speed up the Track ir profile even more here so you can see your monitor easier when looking around and it's less work on turning your head / neck and eye's when looking backwards. Helps for doing long multiplayer sessions.... The trade off is that it is quicker, if you are new to track ir, you may want to slow things down until you adapt to it first, then speed it up some more.

Flight Sim Junkie Profile 001, save it to your desktop. Again this is not recommended for getting started with Trackir, it's a very quick moving profile. Start with a slow smoother profile to adapt.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Im5H5HHVZfFNOF9K7z9HSbHiijnfmoq1/view

Place in YOUR TrackIR profiles found at...... C:UsersYOURNANEAppDataRoamingNaturalPointTrackIR 5Profiles

Reload Trackir and switch to this profile.

Edited by David OC