Runway headings

stiggie

Hi all,

Probably a dumb question so I apologise in advance.

When doing an ILS landing (A10C) you need to know the correct runway heading for the HSI. (I believe I am right on this but happy to be corrected, new to the game).

Where is this info available whilst in fight without looking at the F10 map and using the distance tool, its not in the knee board notes as far as I can see and you cant pull it up on the CDU divert page.

Thanks

Tim

Hi all,

Probably a dumb question so I apologise in advance.

When doing an ILS landing (A10C) you need to know the correct runway heading for the HSI. (I believe I am right on this but happy to be corrected, new to the game).

Where is this info available whilst in fight without looking at the F10 map and using the distance tool, its not in the knee board notes as far as I can see and you cant pull it up on the CDU divert page.

Thanks

Tim

Indeed they are in the kneeboards. Using the bracket key(s) to scroll pages.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Thanks Don,

Indeed they are along with deviation.

No worries, always happy to assist! Quite a lot of detailed info in the kneeboards, and for user made missions - can often be even more good stuff in there.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

I wish there was an easy way to remove all of the airport kneeboards not needed in a mission /flight. There's too many to scroll through.

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I wish there was an easy way to remove all of the airport kneeboards not needed in a mission /flight. There's too many to scroll through.

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Snacko, I noticed you posting on the KneeBoard Builder thread. Doesn’t this utility do that for ya?

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

It can be a little annoying, but I'd personally prefer to have all local airport data available in case of an emergency than saving a few extra seconds. It wouldn't be so necessary if guard frequencies were actually working, but as it is right now, unless you have the kneeboard page, you don't have any info on tower frequencies, TACAN, ILS, RWY headings, elevation etc. There's always the F10 map, but I'd rather not use it, personally.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

There is a kneeboard page marking system that allows you to set specific pages as marked and then controls which only rotate through the marked pages.

Is this within the stock DCS software, or is this a utility that someone has created to apply to DCS? Haven’t personally heard of it (which doesn’t mean much as I am no way shape or form SME for the umbrella of DCS).

Would really like to do this though, for my flights in DCS (MP and SP hopefully)

Thanks for any reply.

Cheers,

Don