Virpil :: TM Warthog

Raisuli

So...unfortunately the Porta-Pitty is in the basement getting worked on, one of my panels is giving me fits and I'm going to have to resolder a switch matrix, so I decided to get the Warthog stick and CH pedals back out because, quite honestly, I'm back in the mood to fly and going into withdrawal.

Warthog stick felt like grabbing a fence post and trying to fly. I have the grease to re-lube it, but not the energy. I took out my digital trigger gauge and did some measuring at the thumb switch mid-point of the stick.

Warthog: 2.5lb to get it moving. It maintained a consistent 2.5 all the way to the stop. This is without an extension; I have a 10cm I could put on but the ergos are bad enough without it (it sits too high to use properly).

Virpil T-50 with a 7.5cm extension, light springs, and whichever cams I liked: 7.5 ounces to move off center, increasing to 1.4 pounds out at the stop.

Back to the soldering iron.

Put a lighter spring or an extension on the Warthog. Apples to apples is a better comparison.

Yup. I'll probably do it again with the 10cm on the WH, but I can already tell it's stiffer. Won't change the spring (or grease it) because it's not 'user serviceable', which naturally doesn't stop users from servicing it. Besides, TM didn't send me a lighter spring or different cams. The white Russian guys did.