Cockpit indication fix

sedenion

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/20/2021 at 10:21 AM, sedenion said:

New version 2.6 Mod released. This version is for Open-Beta release ( 2.7.0.5659 ).

- Echo changes of the 2.7.0.5659 release.

Download links here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=255177

Are these "mod" updates included in DCS official updates?

So have we the latest mod installed yesterday, with the latest DCS build?

Btw, what is this "W" simbol in the middle of the HUD:

image.png

Edited by mitja_bonca

2 hours ago, mitja_bonca said:

Are these "mod" updates included in DCS official updates?

Not sure to understand, this Mod may be applied after the last update, to replace original files...

So have we the latest mod installed yesterday, with the latest DCS build?

The 2.6 version of the Mod was created from the 2.7.0.5659 (Open Beta branch), and still compatible with the very latest update of yesterday (there were no changes  in cockpit indication files since the 2.7.0.5659 build)

Btw, what is this "W" simbol in the middle of the HUD:

This "W" is specific to greek Mirage 2000, this does not exists in the current implemented version by Razbam... For more information ask an Mirage 2000 expert, I only make some mods to visually enhance the current HUD implementation by Razbam...

Edited by sedenion
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sedenion said:

Not sure to understand, this Mod may be applied after the last update, to replace original files...

I mean, if official update includes this mod? If not, why not? Its its better or more accurate. And will the next official update "annihilate" it?

Edited by mitja_bonca

25 minutes ago, mitja_bonca said:

I mean, if official update includes this mod? If not, why not? Its its better or more accurate. And will the next official update "annihilate" it?

"Mod" is shorthand for "user modification" ... not "official modification". User Mods are meant to be applied using a Mod Manager, to prevent from being over-written when you update DCS.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 hour ago, mitja_bonca said:

No, official update does not include this mod, this mod is unofficial. The next official update will "annihilate" this mod, yes, you may apply the mod again after update, or use a Mod Manager to properly uninstall and reinstall the mod before and after an official update.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2021 at 9:57 AM, sedenion said:

New version 2.8 Mod released. This version is for the last Open-Beta release (2.7.4.9632).

- Echo changes of the 2.7.4.9632 release.

Download links here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=255177

Hi,

Just tried the mod and one of the things that stand out is how the text on the PCA is not aligned with the corresponding push button.

Tried with a standard CAP loadout of 2 x 530, 2 x Magic, 1 x RP

Otherwise a Fantastic mod!

Edited by mobua
Forgot RP

40 minutes ago, mobua said:

Hi,

Just tried the mod and one of the things that stand out is how the text on the PCA is not aligned with the corresponding push button.

Tried with a standard CAP loadout of 2 x 530 abs 2 x Magic.

Otherwise a Fantastic mod!

I juste verified, and indeed the PCA indications are slightly shifting to the right along the row, but it's very slight. Did you see a very bad and large missalignment ? Can you post a screenshot ?

5 hours ago, sedenion said:

I juste verified, and indeed the PCA indications are slightly shifting to the right along the row, but it's very slight. Did you see a very bad and large missalignment ? Can you post a screenshot ?

I'll have a go at it tomorrow. Also I'm in VR so quite possibly what I'm seeing might be more or less pronounced than in 2D.

• 3 weeks later...