Spring Tension Mission 2 can't land at Lazauri because of trees

Hi all, I'm on mission 2 of the Spring Tension campaign, and the 2nd place you land is the Lazauri outpost on top of the mountain. The outpost itself is under some trees, so I landed at a flat place a bit higher up (near the old structure mentioned in the briefing). Nothing happens. I tried shimmying my way down to the outpost, but ended up under the trees and unable to go anywhere. (I had to shimmy down a fairly steep piece of ground, steep enough that I couldn't go back up without taking off.)

I found

from 2015 where the pilot lands at this outpost. The mountain peak is both snowier and clear of trees. Looks like something changed ... any way to get around this?

So, one mistake I made was not calling up Lazauri with the F10 menu. I think I naively tried to call it using the normal ATC menu (assuming the its name there was different or something), and since my radio doesn't work anyway (because easy comms are enabled), I didn't think anything of it. If you use the F10 menu, they'll put out orange smoke.

The other thing I tried was reducing tree visibility and grass/clutter all the way to their minimum values (not sure if one or the other was critical). That cleared the area of trees. The orange smoke showed up in a previously tree-covered area, so I think this is necessary. (That said, maybe if you land where I did before with the orange smoke on, it would've worked. Haven't tried.)

Would be nice if the mission was robust to different tree settings, but this workaround isn't too bad once you know about it.

• 5 months later...

Did you manage to get home again after this? I've just played it for the first time and the engine shut down about a minute after take-off. I'm not sure if this is because I pushed the weight limit by agreeing to take the guys on leave, or whether there is some other, altitude-related issue, or just some other issue.

CptT

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 3.3GHz, RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3, GFX: EVGA GTX 1080, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Joy: TM Warthog, Peds: CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR3, VR: Vive

Did you manage to get home again after this? I've just played it for the first time and the engine shut down about a minute after take-off. I'm not sure if this is because I pushed the weight limit by agreeing to take the guys on leave, or whether there is some other, altitude-related issue, or just some other issue.

CptT

Turn off the engine heaters