[REPORTED]Gear Status and Pitot Heating status lights extinguish

LeCuvier

When I fly a mission of some duration I find that, in the final landing approach, the status lights for the gear (the ones labelled "Aus") and the lights indicating pitot heating status, all of which were lit during the whole flight, are extinguished without me doing anything to that effect. You can see this in the attached track. Unfortunately you have to wait till shortly before landing to see it. Looks like a bug to me.

FW-190A8 Gear Lights Off_20191108.trk

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• ED Team

Hi LeCuvier

I can see the indicators go out in your track, thank you.

I am at a loss to why at the moment, and I can not reproduce any other way.

I will speak with the dev on Monday about this.

thank you.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi LeCuvier,

i saw this yesterday too after flying the A8 after a couple weeks off.

Hi LeCuvier

I can see the indicators go out in your track, thank you.

I am at a loss to why at the moment, and I can not reproduce any other way.

I will speak with the dev on Monday about this.

thank you.

The easiest way to replicate this:

- do a air start

- time acceleration

- nothing else to do

- after a little less than 6min and 30sec into the mission the lights go off

Track showing the exact same done(including the time acceleration so you don't have to wait 6min) attached.

FW190A8_lights_off.trk

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Pushing in all CBs, the pitot heat and landing gear light extinguishes after 4:30 to 5:30 minutes. Even if you disconnect the pitot heat CB(thus switching it off) this function stops to work after the aforementioned time. Before that time elapses you can push in the pitot cb and see that it lights up, then disconnect it again. But even switching off pitot CB, after that time the light won't go on anymore with the pitot CB pushed in.

But it is somehow connected to the Battery CB. If you disconnect the Battery CB after startup, the pitot heat and landinggear light extinguishes, but it won't get "damaged". So even after 10 minutes you can push the battery CB in (pitot CB can remain pushed in all the time) and the pitot light will light up.

I have the impression that the accumulated "ON" time of the Battery is causing the problem. But I have to test it more to confirm that.

Fox

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

• 3 weeks later...

No change after update of 11-27-2019

I tried with cold-start missions, and the Pitot Heating indicator went OFF after 5 min, and the Gear Status indicators about 30sec later.

Next I tried a free-flight mission, and it showed the same behaviour.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 3 weeks later...

Duplicated on every mission I fly.

AKA Venturi

"You can tell a bomber pilot by the spread across his rear, and by the ring around his eye, you can tell a bombadier; You can tell a navigator by his maps and charts and such, and you can tell a fighter pilot - but you can't tell him much!" -523 TFS Fighter Pilots Song Book

• 5 weeks later...

Gear Status lights fixed - Pitot heating status not

After today's update, the gear status lights staid on through a 15-minute mission. The pitot heating status was extinguished 5 minutes into the mission. So the pitot status light is not fixed!

LeCuvier