Check out these 3d glasses

check it

http://edimensional.com/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=28

I would like to know if anyone has these or have seen these in use with lock on Fc.

If they work like i think they do i would really like to get a set of these

Strike commander :thumbup:

P4 3.4 @ 3908 Ghz

2x d5 pumps w/Tdx waterblock

78 Datsun heater core

Radeon x1950 xt 512 ddr3

1.8 gig ram

24' samsung hdtv/display

Saitek X-45

Im always skeptical about 3d glasses....

Once you have them on, your unable to see keyboard. Since we need keyboard on sims (unless you can virtualy activate switches in a virtual cockpit) i m not sure they represent much. But maybe in fps if they are quick enought.

Im always skeptical about 3d glasses....

Once you have them on, your unable to see keyboard. Since we need keyboard on sims (unless you can virtualy activate switches in a virtual cockpit) i m not sure they represent much. But maybe in fps if they are quick enought.

Slaunyeh, but these glasses are shutterglasses. That means one glass let you see through while the other won't let you. On the monitor at the same moment you see the fitting view of the scenery/objects. Because the computer draws 2 sights - one for each eye - you get an 3 dimensional expression.

You are looking through like you are wearing sunglasses - in fact everything is slightly darker.

The 3-D effect can be very good.

But because you cut down the refresh rate of your monitor to the half some people tend to get headache while using this glasses....

I think 3d-glasses are not so terrible usefull in flight simulations, because there are only 62 mm between your eyes (avarage) you can see only a few meters far in 3D ... everthing more far away can't be seperated by your eyes.

So in a flightsim you'll see the cockpit in 3D and some few objects close to your aircraft. But until we don't get a much more detailed surrounding in BS there will not be much. Not enough to compensate the inconvenience to wear relative heavy glasses with flickering LCDs in front of your eyes.

I had some that worked about 4 years ago, and I loved them. When they work, they are very neat. I used them more in other games, not flight sims though...

But then, when I went to XP, the manufacturer (ELSA) went out of business, and didn't give us XP drives, so they no longer worked.

So... I got some of these, that you posted about. And they didn't work at all with ATI cards. Their drivers sucked, and I sold them on eBay.

But today, the drivers might be ok. I would definitely read comments and reviews by users who use the same type graphics card as yours. :book:

And look on eBay from some too.

I'm also skeptical ... i would rather go with TrackIR then with 3D glasses .

Track Ir...i have heard of this but wasnt sure about the performance of it ....so my next question is how does it work with the sim.

P4 3.4 @ 3908 Ghz

78 Datsun heater core

Radeon x1950 xt 512 ddr3

1.8 gig ram

24' samsung hdtv/display

Saitek X-45

I'm also skeptical ... i would rather go with TrackIR then with 3D glasses .

Track Ir...i have heard of this but wasnt sure about the performance of it ....so my next question is how does it work with the sim.

How about multi moniter support can anyone fill me in on that upgrade as well ?

P4 3.4 @ 3908 Ghz

78 Datsun heater core

Radeon x1950 xt 512 ddr3

1.8 gig ram

24' samsung hdtv/display

Saitek X-45

TrackIR is a MUST HAVE ...

If you ever flew with it, you never want to fly without it again.

Performance - what do you mean?

When I move my head it responses immediately and smooth ...

If you get good trackir model like #4, then getting used to it is fairly easy.

For my own personal experience, it was more difficult switching from stick twist to rudder pedals, than going from hatswitch to trackir. Took a few hours to get used to trackIR....but when you get used to it...oboy :)

On the other hand, I got trackIR4 almost at the same time as I started playing lockon, so maybe I simply did not have time to get used to the hatswitch

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

I just got petals, an not having real issues with it except programing the toe brakes. I think The pedals are very easy to get used to.

I LOVE TrackIR. But it took me a week to get used to it. It's WONDERFUL once you get used to it.

If you have the entire setup (HOTAS, Pedals, and trackIR) It's a wonderful experience.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices