TGP LSS

jimmywa3

Has anyone figured out how to get the TGP to track a JTAC lased target? I read in another thread to use the uncage button while the TGP is soi. I am in NAV mode, with the TGP in area track in the general area where the lased target is, hit the uncage button, nothing, no indication that the TGP has picked up the lased target, or even looking for it, the JTAC is lasing on 1688, and my TGP screen says 1688 LSS.

Sounds like you have the procedure correct. Slew the TGP toward where you think the laser should be and uncage the TGP. You'll know it's searching because the TGP screen will freeze but a white dot will be circling the indicator, showing the azimuth on which the TGP is searching for the laser. Once it finds it, you'll see the TGP screen update with the designated target in view.

We tried it and the person hosting the server catches the laser.

The ones connecting cant grab the laser.

That explains alot. Thanks for testing it. Did you guys submit a bug report?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• ED Team

I've had no issues with singleplayer LSS cueing to a JTAC laser designation, but I've only ever done it in air-to-ground mode.

SOI to TGP, uncage button, TGP video freezes while LSS is boxed on screen and the TGP dot scans left and right within a 180 degree arc from where the TGP was pointed when the uncage button was pressed. It takes a few moments, then the dot will deviate from it's arc, stop, and 1 or 2 seconds later the TGP video unfreezes and the TGP is locked on to a point with a giant crosshair superimposed on the entire TGP video screen. Press uncage again to return to manual track, sweeten the aimpoint, engage.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head