Change HUD FOV in VR?

Majik

Is there anyway to scale the HUD size or FOV?

For me in VR, it's almost always a little too big in nearly all planes when I have the seat position where needed; stretching to the absolute edges of the HUD frame, which just makes it uncomfortable to use.

Win10 Pro | i7-9700K @5.0GHz | 2080 Super @2160MHz | 32GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 1TB M.2 NVME | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds V2 | HP Reverb | Huion 640P | Jetpad FSE | PointCTRL

I suggest you checkout your IPD settings for your goggles and in DCS settings.

If you don't know what your IPD is, go to an optometrist, he will tell you your IPD in a jiffy.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Failure is the mother of all success.

@Kenta: Seriously?

So the IPD setting will only have impact on the scale of the HUD image?

I suggest you read up what the IPD setting does in game (or set it very very low for a change to see it work).

@Majik: I deal with the same problem, the HUD image is just a little bit to big. So i'm interested too.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

I suggest you checkout your IPD settings for your goggles and in DCS settings.

If you don't know what your IPD is, go to an optometrist, he will tell you your IPD in a jiffy.

My headset IPD is correct, and I adjust in-game IPD per plane usually to get an accurate sense of scale. The only thing that helps with HUD size is moving/zooming in the seat, which lead to an incorrect position in the cockpit.

@Kenta: Seriously?

So the IPD setting will only have impact on the scale of the HUD image?

I suggest you read up what the IPD setting does in game (or set it very very low for a change to see it work).

@Majik: I deal with the same problem, the HUD image is just a little bit to big. So i'm interested too.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one. I've been looking around to see what can be done, and haven't come up with anything so far. Maybe someone familiar with the game's innards/lua may be able to help?

Win10 Pro | i7-9700K @5.0GHz | 2080 Super @2160MHz | 32GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 1TB M.2 NVME | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds V2 | HP Reverb | Huion 640P | Jetpad FSE | PointCTRL

I'm not a lua guy so it won't come from me.

Every cockpit differs so it can't be a general setting.

The F-16C for me is quite good (only needs a little tweaking) but the HUD image from the A-10C for example is way to big.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!