Throttle have 2 idle detents?

outbaxx

While trying to have a software cut off function I noticed this. Using DCS-BIOS I can read the throttle position in the sim.

When I have the throttle all the way back(ground idle) I have a value of 3276.

When I go to flight and idle it jumps to 6553.

So far ok then.

But if I advance just a tad more there is another jump to 9858.

After this the throttle can be smoothly controlled.

I get the first jump from 3276-6553 as we are simulating the MTG/FTG detent but the next one shouldn’t be there.

Has anyone else seen this “double detent”?

Regards

F

Have you checked this reddit thread? https://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit/comments/9puwjd/comment/e84wu9p

RagnarDa (Viggen coder) gives an explanation of the implementation. Maybe it is of use to you, maybe not.

Major Wintermute :joystick:

PC: i7 4770K - ASUS Z97 Deluxe - 16 Gb RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080 - 27" BenQ XL2720Z - HOTAS Warthog - TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals - MFD Cougar pack - TrackIR 5

DCS Modules: AJS-37 Viggen - A-10C I/II Warthog - F-16C Viper - F-14B Tomcat - F/A-18C Hornet - Su-33 Flanker-D - Su-25 Frogfoot - P-51D Mustang

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have you checked this reddit thread?

RagnarDa (Viggen coder) gives an explanation of the implementation. Maybe it is of use to you, maybe not.

Haven’t seen it, thanks!

But what seem to happen to me is that when you pass the 9% the throttle in the sim “jumps” to flight idle, and that’s ok, but it also do a jump when I pass 11% and that’s what I think is odd. Perhaps it’s just the animation of the throttle? But it shouldn’t do that jump as there is no detent between Flight idle and mil.

Many throttles (for example X52) has a low resolution so to be able to hit FTG at all the range was widened and made flat. A lot of work went into this.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Many throttles (for example X52) has a low resolution so to be able to hit FTG at all the range was widened and made flat. A lot of work went into this.

Ok, it’s not the actual range I’m after, I’ll make a video this afternoon, it’s easier to understand what I mean then.

Regards

This is what I’ve meant, there are two detents, I move the throttle between MTG and FTG but there are two “clicks”

Regards

F

I have the same experience. According to the manual the ground idle detent should sit at 0%, but the code (see reddit thread) seem to suggest it is located at 9%. Is this the intention or a bug? The next detent (at flight idle) comes in at 11%, i.e. very close to the first. So it seems the main issue would the position of the first one, correct?

Major Wintermute :joystick:

PC: i7 4770K - ASUS Z97 Deluxe - 16 Gb RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080 - 27" BenQ XL2720Z - HOTAS Warthog - TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals - MFD Cougar pack - TrackIR 5

DCS Modules: AJS-37 Viggen - A-10C I/II Warthog - F-16C Viper - F-14B Tomcat - F/A-18C Hornet - Su-33 Flanker-D - Su-25 Frogfoot - P-51D Mustang

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have the same experience. According to the manual the ground idle detent should sit at 0%, but the code (see reddit thread) seem to suggest it is located at 9%. Is this the intention or a bug? The next detent (at flight idle) comes in at 11%, i.e. very close to the first. So it seems the main issue would the position of the first one, correct?

There is only one detent, it’s between ground idle and flight idle. But the video I posted above show two detents.

This video below show my setup doing a cold start where I go from cut off, engine start, some ground/flight idle play and then a take off: