New INS?

Harlikwin

Yes, of course. I can't think of anything you can't do while INS is aligning except some things on the HSD. And with stored heading alignment and no drift there's no reason to align past the 90 second mark today.

Good to know. I’ve been afraid that leaving the alignment display in the DED would cause the alignment to abort or reset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

New INS?

(Never mind)

Edited by ravenzino
Outdated

i9-9900K, G.Skill 3200 32GB RAM, AORUS Z390 Pro Wifi, Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2080 Ti, Samsung 960 Pro NVMe 512G + 860 Pro 1T, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder, Samsung O+

F/A-18C, F-16C, A-10C, UH-1, AV-8B, F-14, JF-17, FC3, SA342 Gazelle, L-39, KA-50, CEII, Supercarrier Preordered. (Almost abandoned: CA - VR support please?)

PG, NTTR

Manual says that the alignment stops when you do not enter the current position lat/lon within 2 minutes after starting alignment. For me it did not stop yesterday and there was some other bugs(?) during the alignment as well (entered altitude - altitude counted down thereafter each second, even into the minus range).

Aligning without entering/confirming current lat/lon went all through the full alignment just fine.

Regards

REAPER 31 | Painter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Please ED, can we have an option to skip this like in the Mirage. Some people enjoy sitting and waiting for the INS to align, and that's all great. However, some people (such as myself) don't enjoy it. We especially don't enjoy it when our VR crashes shortly after take off and we have to do it three times in a row like I just had to ...

If time is precious just have a jet hot on the runway, problem solved. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

about INS i think the Block 50 has the ability to be ready in 4 minutes INS alignment ..and full aligned in 8 min !!!

Yes but, what are the real conseguences of making a 4 minutes alignment instead of an 8 minutes alignment??? I was not able to get it...

Also, is the Stored Heading mode working correctly right now?

It seems it works just like normal align but it's faster, but sometimes the alignment process stop without motivation...

Can someone explain how all this works? The ED F-16 guide is not really helpfull at this time.

--

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

36° Stormo Virtuale - Italian Virtual Flight Community

www.36stormovirtuale.net

Yes but, what are the real conseguences of making a 4 minutes alignment instead of an 8 minutes alignment??? I was not able to get it...

Also, is the Stored Heading mode working correctly right now?

It seems it works just like normal align but it's faster, but sometimes the alignment process stop without motivation...

Can someone explain how all this works? The ED F-16 guide is not really helpfull at this time.

For 4 minutes the F-16 prealigned in stable hold point with GPS coordinates in the morning before takeoff -mission in order to make fast INS ready

Edited by Geraki

i have flown the "Island" Mission yesterday and was a bit concerned that i miss my Push time if i wait for the GPS to fully align.

So i did only a 4 Minute alignment and then startet.

Compared to my previous runs before the INS Implementation the Steerpoint was roughly about 2 miles off to the north.

Off course i can only tell for the Airport and for the Target Steerpoint but i assume that all waypoints are equally off.

So yeah it works without but it has consequences. So you have to decide if you need precice Waypoints or if its enough if you come roughly in the right direction.

If you are short on time (aka scramble) then you use the inflight alignment. Whenever that gets introduced.

No IRL they would go for a Stored Heading alignment in that case not skipping it till airborne. Waiting till airborne is going to give you a very rough alignment that is going to drift like crazy and require correction from the pilot.

A stored heading alignment is set up prior to that flight by turning on the INS some point prior to the flight and performing a standard full length gyrocompass alignment of the INS. Then it is shut down and the aircraft is not moved at all. If it gets moved for any reason than another standard gyrpcompass alignment would be required to update the INS to the new position. If that is done then a F-16 pilot can on startup select Stored Heading as the alignment type. No entry of current position is needed and the alignment will take 90 seconds to perform as it is assuming some data from the last full gyrocompass alignment thus why you need to perform a full alignment and not move the aircraft prior to using stored heading. Works good for scramble birds which are not going to be moved and are just waiting for the call.

A stored heading alignment is set up prior to that flight by turning on the INS some point prior to the flight and performing a standard full length gyrocompass alignment of the INS. Then it is shut down and the aircraft is not moved at all. If it gets moved for any reason than another standard gyrpcompass alignment would be required to update the INS to the new position. If that is done then a F-16 pilot can on startup select Stored Heading as the alignment type. No entry of current position is needed and the alignment will take 90 seconds to perform as it is assuming some data from the last full gyrocompass alignment thus why you need to perform a full alignment and not move the aircraft prior to using stored heading. Works good for scramble birds which are not going to be moved and are just waiting for the call.

Would a jet pre-placed in the ME be considered one suitable for a Stored Heading alignment?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

www.crosswindimages.com

A-10C has a stored heading ability in DCS when starting from the ramp allowing a fraction of time to full alignment. I suspect the F-16C will be the same. Currently I find stored heading vs normal alignment of minimum or full duration all four combinations indistinguishable. They may all be identical to the sim at this point in development.

The older F-16 INS took about 8 minutes to achieve nominal full alignment performance. The newer F-16 INS which includes the model in DCS achieves this in about 4 minutes. The status number includes information about expected drift as a multiple of the standard amount where 60 is 6x and 10 is 1x. Numbers less than 10 are better than normal alignment quality.

I've noticed that the waypoints cues on the HUD and the radar seems to drift when you stay in the air for a long time, while the HSD stays correct.

I've done an inflight alignement to make them good again.

Isn't the block 50 supposed to have the EGI that corrects itself with GPS ?

There is checkmark in the settings of that aircraft you place in the ME which enables stored heading alignment.

Is this an F-16 specific thing or is it a general sim setting.

I'm not seeing it anywhere.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

www.crosswindimages.com

There is checkmark in the settings of that aircraft you place in the ME which enables stored heading alignment.

Go to options/special tab/F-16C

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

From within the ME or from the sim main menu?

On the Sim Main Menu under Special I only see:

Customized Cockpit

Afterburner Detent

HMD Render Eye

Edited by Emmy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

www.crosswindimages.com

Interesting..

But I cant find that option anywhere. :cry:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]