For Aurelius and others tweaking their Reverbs

eaglecash867

Hi guys,

I figured I'd start a separate thread on this, since the HP Reverb thread is kind of a broad topic (not to mention being over 400 pages long now :D )

Instead of typing everything out, I took a bunch of screenshots of the pertinent settings I have been using, with which I get really good results. I don't want to flood the forum with a bunch of screenshots, so I'm just going to post a public link to my DCS album. Feel free to take a look, and keep in mind that these are the settings I'm happy with. Your mileage may vary. :smilewink:

For anyone not familiar with Imageshack, once you pull up the first image, you flip back and forth through them using the left and right cursor keys.

https://imageshack.com/a/A7xo/1

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Thanks - those screen captures were perfect - I could easily follow. Unfortunately, you might have to update those screen captures about every two days!!

Differrences from my ASUS mobo with 9700K at 5Ghz + RTX2070 system:

1) Your SteamVR settings shows you at 100% but the capture shows a funny low resolution like 1608x1576 where when I look at 100% (same version of SteamVR ) I see 2204x2160 which seems correct - anyway, just noticed it

2) Nvidia CPL settings - a few are different: (my settings are shown - please comment )

Anisotropic sample optimization = off

Negative LOD bias = clamp

Texture filtering= High Quality

VR prerendered frames = use application

I have the same exact OS build - WOW

Does anyone know if the IPD setting works - I don't need it - but others ask about it

3)DCS settings (mine again are shown - please comment )

Water = high

Shadows = flat only

Vis Range = High

Resolution of cockpit = 1024

MSAA = 2X

SSAA=1.5X

Thanks again for an easy way to compare them - love my Reverb! Most of my flying in DCS is at 45fps reprojection = auto with kegetys patch.

Edited by whitav8

PC HW 9700K@5.0Ghz

Win 10 (Build 2004 ) with WMR

VR - Reverb

RTX2070 with Nvidia 451.48

DCS 2.5.6 (latest)

Thanks - those screen captures were perfect - I could easily follow. Unfortunately, you might have to update those screen captures about every two days!!

1) Your SteamVR settings shows you at 100% but the capture shows a funny low resolution like 1608x1576 where when I look at 100% (same version of SteamVR ) I see 2204x2160 which seems correct - anyway, just noticed it

2) Nvidia CPL settings - a few are different: (my settings are shown - please comment )

Anisotropic sample optimization = off

Negative LOD bias = clamp

Texture filtering= High Quality

VR prerendered frames = use application

I have the same exact OS build - WOW

Does anyone know if the IPD setting works - I don't need it - but others ask about it

3)DCS settings (mine again are shown - please comment )

Water = high

Shadows = flat only

Vis Range = High

Resolution of cockpit = 1024

MSAA = 2X

SSAA=1.5X

Thanks again for an easy way to compare them - love my Reverb! Most of my flying in DCS is at 45fps reprojection = auto with kegetys patch.

In answer to your question regarding the IPD adjustment on the Reverb. I had to send my Index back recently and decided to try the Reverb. When I read about the IPD adjustment it said it is set at 63.5mm and will adjust 8mm +-. My IPD is 58 so I'm thinking 63.5 - 8mm= 55.5mm. I would still be within 2.5mm of lowest IPD adjustment. However when I went to set it up the lowest I could get the IPD was 59. At 59 I was still cross eyed enough that it was unusable.

All I know for sure is if you have an IPD of 58, it's not for you. I will say that when I closed one eye it was much clearer than the Index lol.

I've now tried out the S, Pimax 5K+, Reverb, CV1, Odyssey and Index. I'm convinced that if your IPD is out of the norm more than a few millimeters, software IPD adjustments won't fix it.

Edited by Wicked.-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.

In answer to your question regarding the IPD adjustment on the Reverb. I had to send my Index back recently and decided to try the Reverb. When I read about the IPD adjustment it said it is set at 63.5mm and will adjust 8mm +-. My IPD is 58 so I'm thinking 63.5 - 8mm= 55.5mm. I would still be within 2.5mm of lowest IPD adjustment. However when I went to set it up the lowest I could get the IPD was 59. At 59 I was still cross eyed enough that it was unusable.

All I know for sure is if you have an IPD of 58, it's not for you. I will say that when I closed one eye it was much clearer than the Index lol.

I've now tried out the S, Pimax 5K+, Reverb, CV1, Odyssey and Index. I'm convinced that if your IPD is out of the norm more than a few millimeters, software IPD adjustments won't fix it.

Bear in mind last I heard the software IPD adjustment on the Reverb still does nothing - awaiting a WMR fix. So no matter what you set it to nothing changes.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

I think that depends on the version of WMR for SteamVR running. The beta shows like yours the non beta a much lower figure.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Eagle, I just want to confirm that when you are flying down low (say 300 mph or so) and go past a building or trees and look out to your right or left, you are seeing distinct non-stuttering edges and sharp outlines for the trees? When I fly, looking straight ahead, things are sharp until I close within a few hundred meters and then there is ghosting/smearing. If I look to my left or right, I see things on the ground as if motion blur were set too high, if you catch my drift. Edges are blurred as are trees. I did not see this when I flew one month ago before I went to Europe for an academic conference. Naturally, trying to figure out why.

Definitely down low, probably 200-300 AGL most of the time. About 312 KIAS. I do get the occasional ghosting of trees and buildings when over a fairly large city, but smaller cities give me no issues. I'm mostly playing around with the "In the Weeds" mission for the A-10C. One thing I have mentioned before, but not recently, is that there does seem to be a major performance hit when you have the TGP and MAV seeker displayed on your MFDs. But again, that only seems to cause problems over large cities. Once I get to the target area, with a smaller city, there is absolutely no ghosting, even with the TGP and MAV seeker active and displayed on the MFDs. Haven't been able to figure out how to get past the performance hit caused by displayed video on the MFDs over large cities, so I leave those on non-video pages until I'm out of those areas. Try that with your MFDs and see what kind of results you get.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Anyone running the Reverb on a gtx1080 with decent performance? Settings?

In 2D it seems 1080 are trailing the 2070 close:

I just got mine set up today. 1080 ti. I am still getting it sorted but so far performance is much better than I expected! I have only flown over Nevada so far, but it seems pretty comparable to my Rift S for frame rates. I even cranked the SS in Steam VR up to 130% and its still good. The clarity on this thing is incredible!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

Have you tried increasing the IPD? If your seeing double I figure Your actual IPD is bigger than what the HMD is showing.

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8GHz / 32GB( 4x8 ) @ 3.2GHz / 1TB ADATA NVMe System Drive / 232GB NVMe Samsung 960 / ASUS dual RTX 2080ti / Reverb / Rift CV1 / T-16000M FCS flight pack

A10C/M2000C/F5E/SA342/Mi8/UH1H/KA50/AJS-37/FA-18C/AV-8B/F-14/Mig29/CA/SU-27

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone running the Reverb on a gtx1080 with decent performance? Settings?

In 2D it seems 1080 are trailing the 2070 close:

Hi Pinello, I run it on a 1080 and am quite content. I used 100% the setup described here: https://vr4dcs.com/2019/09/10/reverb-settings-for-dcs/

My fps are always sufficient (in the range of 35-45). I decided not to upgrade my harware because of the performance measured and experienced.

Now only the performance of the player has to be improved ;)

Regards, flankerrider

flankerrider

CPU | AMD Ryzen 5900X | Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Graphics | ASUS 1080 | Storage | Crucial_CT1050MX300SSD1 (1TB, SATA600, 2.5", SSD, OPAL, SED) | SAMSUNG MZVPV512HDGL-00000 (512.1GB, PCIe3x4/NVMe, M.2, SSD, SED) Wheelbase | Fanatec Clubsport V2 Wheels | Fanatec Podium Classic | Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V2 | Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1 Monitor | LG 2560x1080 VR Headset | HP Reverb VR1000 2nd batch | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind Pedals | Recaro-seat (ex-Lancia) | MonsterTech Rig |

Interesting, I have IPD of 58 and I don't have any crosseyed takes on my Reverb

I have two Reverbs (one at home and one at the lab). The lab one I occasionally plug into a machine we have that uses a single 1080 Ti card and the Reverb runs well at Steam VR SS of 100% with Pixel Density in DCS set to 1.5, and with MSAA set to 4X and SSAA set to off. I typically see values of about 20 to 34 FPS with everything else on very high. For your 1080, set Pixel Density to about 1.3 and MSAA to 2X and you will have the same good results.

With PD of anything over 1.0 you really don't need to have MSAA 2X on. Doesn't do much good except lower the frames.

ie. my 2 paths are PD 1.0 and MSAA 2x . or 1.3+ with MSAA off

compare your frames.

Reverb, 1080ti, i7 9700k oc'd to 5