Who designed the F-16 mission "Island Style?"

CheckGear

Whoever made this mission, YOU ARE THE BEST!!!

The dawn setting was picture-perfect. Watching all those warplanes take off into the early morning sky, seeing that E-3 and KC-135 silhouetted against the sunrise, was electrifying. I felt like I was actually in a war!

The backstory and mid-1990s setting was superb also. Exactly the kind of content I want to see! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Unfortunately this mission keeps crashing for me. Usually a CTD while waiting at waypoint 2.

Can ya post a track?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

It is a beautiful mission. Have only flown it once but enjoyed it greatly. As I was taxiing to the runway I looked to my left to see the first rays of dawn shine through a pair of parked C-130’s I couldn’t help but think just how beautiful this game can be.

As I brought her in across the coast I couldn’t help but think; ‘this is going to be the lead piece on CNN this morning’

It is a beautiful mission. Have only flown it once but enjoyed it greatly. As I was taxiing to the runway I looked to my left to see the first rays of dawn shine through a pair of parked C-130’s I couldn’t help but think just how beautiful this game can be.

As I brought her in across the coast I couldn’t help but think; ‘this is going to be the lead piece on CNN this morning’

If it happened in real-life, it would've been a very newsworthy mission!

Just seeing those planes take off into the dark skies, formation lights and burners lit, was just jaw-dropping.

Totally a good thing to look to the left, as those damn F/A-18C FpsKillers are being parked to the right :smilewink:

That being said, visually it's a jaw dropping mission to fly in VR. And also cool when/if the 300ft ripple hit on the first run.

Modda

i9-9900KS @5.2GHz | Aorus Z390 Master | MSI RTX 3090 Gaming X Trio | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TM Warthog | Logitech G Pro

• 3 months later...

I like this mission, very nice indeed.

Only trouble for me, attacking the launchers CCIP they don't appear visible until right on top of them.

Edited by Ratfink

Fractal Define R4 Case | Core i7-9700K @ 4.9GHz| 64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi | Gigabyte RTX3080 Gaming OC 12GB | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD (OS) | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (DCS) | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (Steam library) | 1TB WD Caviar Black HDD | Corsair 750W Gold PSU | Corsair H60 Hydro Series CPU Cooler | [TrackIR 5 unused] | Meta Quest Pro | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Win 10 Home 64-bit | Asus PG348Q 34" 3440x1440 Monitor | Bose Companion 3 2.1 Sound

I like this mission, very nice indeed.

Only trouble for me, attacking the launchers CCIP they don't appear visible until right on top of them.

Yeah thats a new bug with 2.5.6 unfortunately.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Yeah thats a new bug with 2.5.6 unfortunately.

Gonna get fixed, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fractal Define R4 Case | Core i7-9700K @ 4.9GHz| 64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi | Gigabyte RTX3080 Gaming OC 12GB | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD (OS) | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (DCS) | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (Steam library) | 1TB WD Caviar Black HDD | Corsair 750W Gold PSU | Corsair H60 Hydro Series CPU Cooler | [TrackIR 5 unused] | Meta Quest Pro | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Win 10 Home 64-bit | Asus PG348Q 34" 3440x1440 Monitor | Bose Companion 3 2.1 Sound

Gonna get fixed, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep its reported!

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.