Adding Airboss Script to Mission

grant977

You have two answers to be honest.

AnswerNr 1:

Get a drink, sit down and watch the moose for beginners on youtube from Flightcontrol. Then read up through the pages on github and check out the demo missions.

This is probably not the quick and dirty answer your looking for but to be honest, should be the way to go.

Investing some time into this intial base will reward you later on.

Answer Nr 2:

Download the moose.lua (https://github.com/FlightControl-Master/MOOSE_INCLUDE/blob/master/Moose_Include_Static/Moose.lua) and save it to a place you can find it. (i.e D:\\ moose\)

In mission editor, add a trigger, mission start, do script file and point it to the moose lua you just downloaded.

It needs this base file to work.

Then download the airboss file and again, using a trigger mission start, do script file and select the airboss lua.

This way you wil get the airboss running as shown on the pages.

BUT, to edit it you need to do more so unless you want it just as it comes, there is no quick and dirty.

Again, read up and join the Discord channel is the best advies i can give you.

Hope it helps,

Regards Breaklight

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

• Like 1

Then download the airboss file and again, using a trigger mission start, do script file and select the airboss lua.

Actually better practice is to use a ONCE trigger for the airboss.lua do script file with a short TIME MORE condition of 5-10 sec. The delay is to ensure that the MOOSE.lua is loaded first.

• 1 month later...

Folks,

1. download MOOSE from the development branch here. Run it as a DO FILE from mission start https://github.com/FlightControl-Master/MOOSE_INCLUDE/tree/develop/Moose_Include_Static

2. Look at a sample mission script from here https://github.com/FlightControl-Master/MOOSE_MISSIONS/tree/develop/OPS%20-%20Airboss

3. Read through the instructions on how to use it https://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE_DOCS_DEVELOP/Documentation/Ops.Airboss.html

It's not hard to setup something, in fact the demo is already there and it's easier to build something on top of it than build soemthing new from scratch.

However USING it, is a little complex and does require effort understanding the menu system and Carrier Ops.

I'll write a brief starter outline.

1. When approaching the CCA (or once inside it) contact the carrier via the F10 menu and ask for a Marshal.

2. Use the Menu to find out more details from the carrier about its recovering status, it's weather and tacan/radio setup.

3. Once in the Marshall, you will be told unneccessarily that you are marshalling, this is for the sake of knowing the script is working rather than a realism choice, like a few of the calls.

4. You will get told you can commence, leave the stack and commence.

5. Hit the expected numbers and positioning else the script will tell you you messed up. Don't ignore the script else it will consider you doing your own thing and you will not get anything out of it.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I too am struggling to work out what needs adding after the initial MOOSE.lua. I have down loaded the.

With the old Alerax LSO you added the MOOSE.lua and then the script file.lua.

I can't seem to locate an Airboss version of the script file. Really want to add this to the latest campaign i'm building

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I too am struggling to work out what needs adding after the initial MOOSE.lua. I have down loaded the.

With the old Alerax LSO you added the MOOSE.lua and then the script file.lua.

I can't seem to locate an Airboss version of the script file. Really want to add this to the latest campaign i'm building

Download latest Moose version from here:

https://github.com/FlightControl-Master/MOOSE_INCLUDE/tree/develop

and Airboss lua file from below. Do minor editing of Airboss lua file as appropriate. Add them to mission with separate ME Do Script File triggers. If single player, set player aircraft as CLIENT in ME. When role selection menu appears in mission, hit ESCAPE twice, then select player aircraft. Use F10 menu item to Commence or Marshal.

BOS-100 - Stennis Hornet and Tomcat.lua

Download latest Moose version from here:

https://github.com/FlightControl-Master/MOOSE_INCLUDE/tree/develop

and Airboss lua file from below. Do minor editing of Airboss lua file as appropriate. Add them to mission with separate ME Do Script File triggers. If single player, set player aircraft as CLIENT in ME. When role selection menu appears in mission, hit ESCAPE twice, then select player aircraft. Use F10 menu item to Commence or Marshal.

Thanks for this. I have in fact tried to "cherry pick" what's needed for the campaign i'm creating, however, i can't seem to activation the CCA for a single mission, vice this lua scripting for client slots.

You used to be able to just add MOOSE (which i have downloaded), then a script file and Alerax's LSO would run for single player missions. I can't seem to activate similar using the Airboss lua that i have created. I've added the 2 attempts at it below.

:helpsmilie:

airboss.lua

airboss2.lua

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for this. I have in fact tried to "cherry pick" what's needed for the campaign i'm creating, however, i can't seem to activation the CCA for a single mission, vice this lua scripting for client slots.

You used to be able to just add MOOSE (which i have downloaded), then a script file and Alerax's LSO would run for single player missions. I can't seem to activate similar using the Airboss lua that i have created. I've added the 2 attempts at it below.

:helpsmilie:

Still needing help with Airboss if anyone can lend a hand?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here is a very simple Airboss script I used for CVN ops training. Keep in mind that you must designate the Player aircraft as a CLIENT in the ME. When you select the mission and the role selection screen emerges, hit ESC twice then select your aircraft and FLY. Otherwise the script may not load properly due to existing DCS bug.

Here is a very simple Airboss script I used for CVN ops training. Keep in mind that you must designate the Player aircraft as a CLIENT in the ME. When you select the mission and the role selection screen emerges, hit ESC twice then select your aircraft and FLY.

Habu,

Just trying to add the Airboss to SP missions contained within a Campaign i've designed. WIll using the MOOSE script and then your Airboss.lua still work?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Habu,

Just trying to add the Airboss to SP missions contained within a Campaign i've designed. WIll using the MOOSE script and then your Airboss.lua still work?

I think you need some reading of the Moose docs because your question points to unfamiliarity with the very basics. However, yes. You must have both the main Moose.lua and your custom Airboss script.lua triggered in the mission as trigger action "do files". You will of course need to edit my script to match the names used in your mission.

I think you need some reading of the Moose docs because your question points to unfamiliarity with the very basics. However, yes. You must have both the main Moose.lua and your custom Airboss script.lua triggered in the mission as trigger action "do files". You will of course need to edit my script to match the names used in your mission.

OK thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 months later...

Guys I am having a heck of a time getting this to work. I download the newest Moose so its super carrier capable and the air boss lua. I followed the proper procedures added them as do script file and no joy. I have double and tripled checked the unit names. I am at my wits end here.

Guys I am having a heck of a time getting this to work. I download the newest Moose so its super carrier capable and the air boss lua. I followed the proper procedures added them as do script file and no joy. I have double and tripled checked the unit names. I am at my wits end here.

1. Need more info to help you, like .miz file, .lua file, etc.

2. You will get much more responsive MOOSE help at MOOSE Discord.

https://discord.gg/v9RjWq

• 2 months later...

I know thread is a few months old. But I'm having trouble getting the AB script to run. I've up loaded the script I'm using (Airboss New.Lua) with the name changes I made. I put in the CVN-71, named it CVN-71 in game and in the script. I have moose running, and it's working. Here are some pics. Any help is greatly appreciated.

CVN-71.thumb.jpg.615a5f9a83d05009d112b62d8b1d50b9.jpg

ME-ABN.thumb.jpg.1ac7f3abd42c37b18f2712969fc5ac37.jpg

ME-Moose.thumb.jpg.fb4fa35c7b5543f696de94fd72706fe5.jpg

Airboss New.lua

Your Search-Fu is far better than mine!

I know thread is a few months old. But I'm having trouble getting the AB script to run. I've up loaded the script I'm using (Airboss New.Lua) with the name changes I made. I put in the CVN-71, named it CVN-71 in game and in the script. I have moose running, and it's working. Here are some pics. Any help is greatly appreciated.

You have to specify the name of the carrier unit ("Unit #001") not that of the group ("CVN-71") in the script. (A ship group could have multiple carriers and the script would not know which one you mean.)

Note: There might be other issues as you also have the RESCUEHELO and RECOVERYTANKER in your script file but I do not see any late activated groups in your pics.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss