VKB MCG Pro Loose Bolt

Davee

Hi Guys,

I'm posting this for information for folks that may have found their stick mount a bit loose.

I found that the mounting attachment of my MCG Pro was wiggling ever so slightly.

So having seen a video of the internals of the stick and how to access the interior without damage, I removed the screws joining the two halves of the stick and opened it up to find that: one screw attaching the mounting base was anchored tightly but the second screw was threaded just enough to set it but sticking up almost out and not screwed in tightly.

I surmise that the assembler had set the screws for tightening but missed one.

So, tightened it up and now no more wiggle.

No biggy and I have to say that looking inside it is a marvelously engineered and assembled product. No loose wires, no melted wax retaining switches or wires. Clean and meticulous.

Just a missed screw during assembly.

So, in advance of those who read this and jump on the voiding warranty bandwagon - don't. If such a time is required for a serious warranty issue, I will deal with it then. This is a far faster, non-destructive fix without cost, that doesn't warrant sending it back at high shipping costs in order for someone to tighten a screw which I or any carefull techy type can do.

Cheers,

Cats . . .

Edited by Catseye