[REPORTED]MIG 29S has huge bounce on landing

H-var

Nothing was changed. You became a master.

Apply the same difficulty skill level for F-18 and F-16 then. The thread is not to learn landing, it is instead for particular behave making MiG-29 flies up uncontrollable and in many cases finish with a death for that player.

The landing school you want to dictate us when landing in

MiG-29 is like:

Landing out of parameters in Mig-29 deserve a bounce and a possible death.

While Landing out of parameters in F-18 or F-16 deserve a landing gear broken.

The thread name is for the hyper bounce after an out of parameters landing attempt.

All the examples and attempts to teach the players to get into parameters to avoid a fatal landing are off topics.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

All the examples and attempts to teach the players to get into parameters to avoid a fatal landing are off topics.

Possibly... but it seems like a handy work around to avoid this bug, yes? Especially as it's compliant with the RL operating procedures.:book:

Stressed landings are a lot often in an amateur simulator. So keep on topic with the behavior we want point on the topic. While you want to change the point of the thread to a landing school WE the pilots that flies often in MiG-29 are on topic with that particular bounce and jump making deaths to players.

Respect the MiG-29 pilots in the forum please. Don’t treat us like fools...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did a few sorties yesterday with 3 successful and buttery smooth landings. No bounce whatsoever. Maybe it was improved maybe not, couldn't really tell.

Nothing was changed. You became a master. (С)

DCS Mig-29 FM change, compare on same .trk file.

"Своя FM не пахнет" (С) me
https://dcs.silver.ru/ DCS World Sustained Turn Test Data

Asus Z97M-PLUS, Intel Core i5 4690K OC 4126MHz, 16Gb DDR3 DIMM 2250MHz (10-10-10-26 CR2), GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

That doesnt mean anything changed, tracks are notoriously unreliable when you change versions. Sometimes the play back exactly the same, sometimes they are way off.

No, version 2.5.6.47404 was fixed "ground effect" bug on last 1-2 meter of altitude. But common "amazing" ground effect (magnet like) still exists :)

Asus Z97M-PLUS, Intel Core i5 4690K OC 4126MHz, 16Gb DDR3 DIMM 2250MHz (10-10-10-26 CR2), GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

Apply the same difficulty skill level for F-18 and F-16 then. The thread is not to learn landing, it is instead for particular behave making MiG-29 flies up uncontrollable and in many cases finish with a death for that player.

The landing school you want to dictate us when landing in

MiG-29 is like:

Landing out of parameters in Mig-29 deserve a bounce and a possible death.

While Landing out of parameters in F-18 or F-16 deserve a landing gear broken.

The thread name is for the hyper bounce after an out of parameters landing attempt.

Trust me you throw the F/A-18 hard enough into the ground it breaks! Usually tyres but it is a carrier planes so it is tough. Also do try the MiG-21 it is also a tricky one to land :pilotfly:

Trust me you throw the F/A-18 hard enough into the ground it breaks! Usually tyres but it is a carrier planes so it is tough. Also do try the MiG-21 it is also a tricky one to land :pilotfly:

Video of sustained fly on const speed 280kmh, each aircraft trimmed to vertical speed 2meters/sec. See how changes vertiacal speed on approaching to ground ("ground effect")

Trust me you throw the F/A-18 hard enough into the ground it breaks! Usually tyres but it is a carrier planes so it is tough.

yes you right and we are aware of that. that is exactly what we want that happen the same to Mig-29. intead we are getting a bounce (20m not kidding) that make you loose the control and many times we die.

Also do try the MiG-21 it is also a tricky one to land :pilotfly:

yes I can land the Mig-21 without issues. That's why we are asking for a change for Mig-29. Because this landing difficulty have been implemented only for Mig-29 or Su-33 making annoying deaths their pilots.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

yes I can land the Mig-21 without issues. That's why we are asking for a change for Mig-29. Because this landing difficulty have been implemented only for Mig-29 or Su-33 making annoying deaths their pilots.

I wonder if your MiG-21 requires such different stick (stabiliiser) input at 1600 m (dark green line) and during landing (with ground effect) as the RL aircraft does? Light green and orange lines represent required stab position during landing as your speed and altitude are varying simultaneously.

p081.png.d0d2fa37aafd1d6adc94fe06b7fd328a.png

Edited by Yo-Yo

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

• ED Team
Regarding the chart - orange translation should say "Off".

Yes, copypaste typo.

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Regarding the chart - orange translation should say "Off".

In original chart NO data for altitude 4m with "Boundary layer blow-out system OFF" (only for h=1-2m dashed curve). You can draw "orange curve" where you want. It's depend only on your fantasy :)

And "Boundary layer blow-out system" is very specific system, mig-29 don't have it.

attachment.php?attachmentid=237980&d=1591002468

• ED Team
In original chart NO data for altitude 4m with "Boundary layer blow-out system OFF" (only for h=1-2m dashed curve). You can draw "orange curve" where you want. It's depend only on your fantasy :)

And "Boundary layer blow-out system" is very specific system, mig-29 don't have it.

attachment.php?attachmentid=237980&d=1591002468

Please do not flood here. And do not give a wrong meaning of my post. If you can not understand the point of posting the RL trim diagram for MIG-21 pepin1234 "can land without issues" - it's only your problem.

And no - you can not draw orange line "where you want" because there is a clear correlation between speed and altitude for flaring, so the orange line is asymptotic to OGE line and GE line.

Even if you have no special curve plotted for OGE for blow-out system off, the cruel laws of flight dynamic force the right part of the orange curve to be there it is plotted.

If you want you can measure MiG-21 for DCS to compare RL and ingame curves.

ah the MiG is so beautiful, what do you do after main wheels touchdown as RL procedure? Aerobraking as long as possible and then nose down and use wheel brakes? Or immediately on touching down deployment of drag chute?

ah the MiG is so beautiful, what do you do after main wheels touchdown as RL procedure? Aerobraking as long as possible and then nose down and use wheel brakes? Or immediately on touching down deployment of drag chute?

Just my opinion but, I don't know if aerobraking is a common practice on the MiG-29.

As in its case a tail strike is more likely to happen when comparing to other types, given the low clearance from the exhaust nozzles to the tarmac...

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Please do not flood here. .

Ok ok ok, but tell us please, this (ground/magnet effect) is:

1) Flood

2) Bug of professional flight model

3) "cruel laws of flight dynamic" ©

For info, pilot don't planned landing on carrier...

The latter.

• 3 months later...

I don't know why there's so much discussion about what's clearly a bug:

1. Front bumper is undampened and even builds up energy on every bump even without the plane braking = perpetuum mobile, not possible in reality. Where should this huge amount of energy the bumper is building up come from ?

2. The MiG 29 was designed to land on unpaved runways. What do you think would happen in DCS when the plane goes over a bump which lifts the nosewheel by 0.5m. Yes, it would end up vertical, see 1 above.

Noone can show a video of real MiG 29 with this behaviour like it's modelled in DCS currently and the reason is that the real plane doesn't behave this way. Hard landings occur also in real life. Every real Mig 29 doing a somewhat harder touchdown would have been destroyed behaving like in DCS. But they were not.

That this bug doesn't occur if you land smoothly (enough) is totally off-topic... but at least you managed to keep this bug in game more than 1.5 years after OP posted this:bounce::doh:

From the patch notes

DCS Flaming Cliffs by ED

• MiG-29G. Cockpit indication doesn't work - fixed
  • MiG-29. Large bounce after a heavy landing, no nose gear damage - fixed
  • Su-25. Added single mission to Syria map
  • SU-25T. SPPU-22-1 gunpad not doing any damage to light armor - added some armor piercing shells into the round rack
  • Updated / added Instant Action missions

Hadn't had a chance to test it myself, was an unexpected surprise to see in there.