cant i play with Mig-29 in DCS??

Besides, there's SIM-MOD.com so it's not like it's going to be just ED doing all the work.

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

ED stated Mig SMT-1 sometime in the future.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Both statements are correct.

Think of the sim as a collection of physics engines, cockpit engines etc, without actual aircraft.

Every aircraft is a 'study' type release of that aircraft that will plug into the sim.

The idea is to be able to be able to keep the sim and aircrafts separate so that people won't have to buy /all/ the addons to play together ... so yeah, 'add' is the right word.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Link?

Search is broken, so no can do. I remember they were missing one important manual and one of the devs posted that they finally got their hands on one. Or maybe I was dreaming?

Can anyone confirm? GG?

Ooops, my bad. Search isn't broken. :doh:

Looking now.

re-edit: here's one but I was mistaken about the C model. Olgerd said that the A or B could be implemented.

http://forum.lockon.ru/showpost.php?p=333172&postcount=49

Actually we got very usefull set of F/A-18A/B tech manuals. So Alpha/Bravo models are an option to implement.

Hopefully the fast movers would be next in line after the apache and A-10, but that's still about a 2-3 year wait. This is how i see it

2008- Blackshark

2009- apache

2010-A-10

2011-?

I can tell!! the next AC/chopper to be released 9 months after A-10 is gonna be a Su-25T for sure. It stands to reason: KA-50 competes with Apache, A-10 vs SU-25T, next american fighter vs next russian fighter. Let's face it. ED already has an AFM for the frogfoot and, I can bet my ass that, would like to see it in this new engine.

We're gonna have to wait long, long time for a fighter release I'm afraid.

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

• ED Team

Didn't i read somewhere that the A-10 will come before the Apache..?

*Edit: http://forum.digitalcombatsimulator.com/showpost.php?p=2185&postcount=42

"...First expected aircraft to be released is (drum roll) A10."

Fighter ops? Perhaps, but I will be married and my unborn kids will be frequenting elementary school by then. ;)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Now isn t apache a 2 sitter ?

This mean we ll need to be 2 to fly ?

How will this be managed ?

Well if 2 seaters are really a go, i prefer a hundred time the f14 than lousy f18. And hind from apache.

If we are to guess something, i ll bet (and guess upon state):

ka 50 (doing/done) X apache (??)

A10 (doing/done) X t25 (done/raise lvl to ka50 detailing)

i can guess SU33 (done/raise lvl to ka50 detailing) X f18 are the next.

F16 is nice but make no sense in the counterweight approach ED always took.

But i guess this can radicaly change if they are approached by others military contracts. (but even those two are a guess. 2010 is a too long guess for BTS, since game (whatever they are) is usualy no more than 3 years. I guess by then will be in another lomac -> BTS switch and people will be pissed/hoping again.

Actually i'm very happy if 33 is taken to KA 50 accuracy lvl. But i would be happyer if it comes wich su 35. There s a lot of differences but mainly internal not so external or FM. And we d have much less payload as pilots.

Now isn t apache a 2 sitter ?

This mean we ll need to be 2 to fly ?

How will this be managed ?

Yes, two players in the same aircraft is planned.

Well if 2 seaters are really a go, i prefer a hundred time the f14 than lousy f18. And hind from apache.

F-14 isn't even in use by the US anymore, it wouldn't fit in future scenarios. And the Hind would be another helo for the east block, it's better to have one east and one west flyable of the same type due to gameplay balance.

If we are to guess something, i ll bet (and guess upon state):

ka 50 (doing/done) X apache (??)

A10 (doing/done) X t25 (done/raise lvl to ka50 detailing)

i can guess SU33 (done/raise lvl to ka50 detailing) X f18 are the next.

F16 is nice but make no sense in the counterweight approach ED always took.

ED has stated that A-10 will most likely be the second flyable, then the AH-64, as work on both these has been started already.

Su-25T as in FC is no way near Ka-50 level of detail, that's true in an even higher degree for the Su-33, they would have to start completely anew for that one.

As have been said in the past ED wants to make a F-16 and a MiG-29 and those two pair up very nicely, both in terms of geographical and tactical usage.

But i guess this can radicaly change if they are approached by others military contracts. (but even those two are a guess. 2010 is a too long guess for BTS, since game (whatever they are) is usualy no more than 3 years. I guess by then will be in another lomac -> BTS switch and people will be pissed/hoping again.
Simulators and some other genre of games can have much longer life than three years, and the plan for DCS is to continually upgrade the different modules, i.e. ED is planning on sticking with this one for a long time.

Actually i'm very happy if 33 is taken to KA 50 accuracy lvl. But i would be happyer if it comes wich su 35. There s a lot of differences but mainly internal not so external or FM. And we d have much less payload as pilots.
I think you can pretty much forget that.

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5