Getting AI wingmen to attack their target

I have been playing mostly Viggen in the last while, and in the Mjolnir Response campaign you command other pilots in two of the missions where you are doing ground strikes. I can't get my flight to do their job: I can tell them to "complete mission and rejoin" when I'm on the last leg of the flight plan, but they don't fire their ordnance. I try again after I have fired mine, but still nothing. So I complete the mission with own my part of the ground attack successful, but most of the targets untouched.

Do I need to change the timing of when I issue the command? Use a different command? Send the order to "Flight" instead of "Wingman" or whatever? I have a lot of stuff to think about at certain points in my flight, I don't want to be fiddling with the radio menu when I'm simultaneously trying to fire anti-ship missiles or run in on a rocket attack.

My computer friends are too dumb, pls help

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have found that coaxing AI wingmen to execute even simple air-to-ground attack constitutes a black art. Sometimes they will execute and it helps to give them orders and attack waypoints at least 20 miles from the target and set "No Reaction to Threat" in Advanced WP Options. AI will usually abort attack if they sense lethal air defenses (and who can blame them). Unfortunately many mission creators assign mission-critical attack tasks to AI and they simply do not perform. ED is, of course, aware of this defective AI behavior and may some day issue a fix.

I'm having this issue as well. Anything more than a solo mission and your AI may or may not do what you tell it to do (and tweak and test, and tweak and test). I want to fly, not mission build.

ED is, of course, aware of this defective AI behavior and may some day issue a fix.

Well then, when DCS becomes a combat simulation once again, I may some day purchase another module.