New Clouds Discussion

Mizzy

5 hours ago, ouky1991 said:

From the roadmap thread:

"According to Kate, the new clouds are "already optimized" (you won't need the 3080 to run it). They will be released in multiple stages: 1. Presets only (release date - with the 2.6, "as soon as possible", "we're almost there", "no, not 'in two weeks' - more like 'in two months'") 2. Configurable weather 3. Dynamic weather. Apparently, the new clouds will be synced in multiplayer at stage 1 already."

My guess is we'll get the 1. stage between march and june, given the past predictions were month or two off. Probably year or more to get the whole thing with the dynamic weather. Personally, presets would be enough for me.

How long ago was the article according to Kate?

Mizzy

• Wags changed the title to New Clouds Discussion
16 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Someone opened a new thread asking for some news about new clouds and the thread from this guy was merched with this thread

Ahh right, I opened this in October 2019, didn't know that there was another but makes sense to merge threads and keep it all one place. They have changed to title of my original thread though.

Mizzy

5 hours ago, Beirut said:

I'd be more than happy with presets for the moment. It would make all the maps and planes feel new.

Same here, Presets are fine, I just hope they throw us a bone before Christmas or over the Christmas period.

42 minutes ago, schurem said:

I'll gladly lay down 50 euros for 'em.

11 hours ago, m4ti140 said:

Any word on pricing?

It will be free, it is just an update to the DCS core

Edited by Antartis
  • Like 1

Asus Prime Z-370-A

Intel core I7-8700K 3.70Ghz

Ram g.skill f4-3200c16d 32gb

Evga rtx 2070

Ssd samgung 960 evo m.2 500gb

Syria, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944

Combined Arms

A-10C, Mirage-2000C, F-16C, FC3

Spitfire LF Mk. IX

UH-1H, Gazelle

I am much more excited about the apparent layering of the coulds than the actual modeling of the clouds themselves. Don't get me wrong, I love the look of the new clouds, but it's the different altitudes of cloud layers that we are shown in that video that really gets me excited to see the new weather changes! 👍

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, Mizzy said:

Did ED say it will be two months ?

Untitled.jpg

• Thanks 1

Asus Prime Z-370-A

Intel core I7-8700K 3.70Ghz

Ram g.skill f4-3200c16d 32gb

Evga rtx 2070

Ssd samgung 960 evo m.2 500gb

Syria, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944

Combined Arms

A-10C, Mirage-2000C, F-16C, FC3

Spitfire LF Mk. IX

UH-1H, Gazelle

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Weasel said:

Even this video is dedicated the new GMT modus of the A/G-Radar (F/A-18), the clouds just looks awesome:

Yeah. I wasn't even able to focus on Wags' voice because of this impressive weather he showed off. Well done again Wags. You know how to tease.

Edited by Tom Kazansky