CG shift from carrying Walleyes?

Topgun505

Are there any known maneuvers that are prohibited when flying with Walleyes mounted? I was on my server and was testing the bug people were reporting of not being able to release bombs and I had a pair of Walleyes on board and I did a little bit of a zoom climb to get some altitude and then did a negative G pushover to dive and my aircraft immediately flipped on its back and I had almost no control authority. Had to hit the emergency spin switch in order to get out of it. Was really weird and happened quick ... took me by surprise. Have a Tacview if needed. Are the Walleyes so heavy and far enough forward that they mess with the CG of the aircraft?

Topgun505

Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700k, Evga GTX 1080 FTW, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, Alienware 34" 2K LED, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Rudder, Thrustmaster MFDs x3, Razer Nostromo n52.

Are there any known maneuvers that are prohibited when flying with Walleyes mounted? I was on my server and was testing the bug people were reporting of not being able to release bombs and I had a pair of Walleyes on board and I did a little bit of a zoom climb to get some altitude and then did a negative G pushover to dive and my aircraft immediately flipped on its back and I had almost no control authority. Had to hit the emergency spin switch in order to get out of it. Was really weird and happened quick ... took me by surprise. Have a Tacview if needed. Are the Walleyes so heavy and far enough forward that they mess with the CG of the aircraft?

Sadly I can't help with your original question, but I'd like to point out that you should never, under any circumstances, use the spin recovery switch. When the F/A-18 was being tested they decided that the switch should not be used. Source: more than one retired USN Hornet pilot

Sadly I can't help with your original question, but I'd like to point out that you should never, under any circumstances, use the spin recovery switch. When the F/A-18 was being tested they decided that the switch should not be used. Source: more than one retired USN Hornet pilot

why though?

Yeah. With that switch not activated I had essentially zero control over the aircraft. So it was either try that switch or hit the silk. Once I turned it on she grudgingly started to respond and allow me to point her nose down and finally get control. But yeah, just 1 more second and I would have pancaked on the ground. As it was I had to aim for a clearing in some trees in order to not clip a wing as I'm sure I dipped below the treeline.

Topgun505

Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700k, Evga GTX 1080 FTW, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, Alienware 34" 2K LED, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Rudder, Thrustmaster MFDs x3, Razer Nostromo n52.