VKB Tomcat Grip Entering Production

swither

YI do not want to turn this into a silly discussion, in the end we are flight partners and the idea is to have a good time with this simulator and everything that makes it up, for something I have been flying virtually four years and I hope to spend many more .

I hope someday to meet you on some server, to have a good time.[/b]

Agreed. Let's leave it there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This plus TECS would be marvelous, but I havent heard anything on the latter for over a year.

Also, there doesnt seem to be an easy way to make your own extension, so if the sizes offered (when in stock) dont fit your setup, I'm wondering if something else can be done.

• 1 month later...
I like the grip and would sway me into buying the Tomcat. However, I need the base too and they're never in stock. Like right now as an example.

VKB Europe customer services answered my question about this yesterday: the first batch of F-14 grips are being sold to existing customers that already have a VKB base. Partially this is to prioritise existing customers, but also they have almost run out of Gunfighter 2 bases and they have not completed the Gunfighter 3 base yet so they are waiting to sell GF3 in combination with F-14 grips to new customers.

The estimate (not promise) was that GF3 base + F14 grip would be ready to be sold in Feb 2020. (Then I imagine there would be a little Asia to EU transport delay).

So if that is too long to wait, fair enough. But I already decided that I am OK to wait.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are there any talks about a throttle unit replica as well? I'd buy it but only with a fitting F-14 throttle with AB detents.

I can't find it again, which is very frustrating, but I could have sworn I saw a statement in the VKB forums a couple weeks ago that if the F-14 grip sells well, they would do an equally accurate F-14 throttle.

VKB Europe customer services answered my question about this yesterday: the first batch of F-14 grips are being sold to existing customers that already have a VKB base. Partially this is to prioritise existing customers, but also they have almost run out of Gunfighter 2 bases and they have not completed the Gunfighter 3 base yet so they are waiting to sell GF3 in combination with F-14 grips to new customers.

The estimate (not promise) was that GF3 base + F14 grip would be ready to be sold in Feb 2020. (Then I imagine there would be a little Asia to EU transport delay).

So if that is too long to wait, fair enough. But I already decided that I am OK to wait.

Greetings Milou...

I see that VKB Europe works better than VKB America.

I have years wanting to buy their products but I have not been able to because they use Stripe to pay, unfortunately Stripe does not support my country.

:( I was in contact with VKB America support, but they didn't solve my problem.

I see that VKB Europe also accepts PayPal which would be my means of payment, but VKB America does not accept it.

:huh: I wanted to buy it in Europe but shipping is very expensive ...

I have not been able to buy the Gunfighter Pro Mk.II from the first moment they started selling them, also now I want to buy the Gunfighter Mk.III 'F-14 Combat Edition', at the time of its departure, but I see with sadness that I am not going to be able to acquire :(

FORTIS FORTUNA ADIUVAT

Greetings Milou...

I see that VKB Europe works better than VKB America.

I have years wanting to buy their products but I have not been able to because they use Stripe to pay, unfortunately Stripe does not support my country.

:( I was in contact with VKB America support, but they didn't solve my problem.

I see that VKB Europe also accepts PayPal which would be my means of payment, but VKB America does not accept it.

:huh: I wanted to buy it in Europe but shipping is very expensive ...

I have not been able to buy the Gunfighter Pro Mk.II from the first moment they started selling them, also now I want to buy the Gunfighter Mk.III 'F-14 Combat Edition', at the time of its departure, but I see with sadness that I am not going to be able to acquire :(

Ahem, as you know - VKBcontrollers only serves the US, Canada, New Zealand, and Australia. You should know because I replied to you. I also provided the email info for you to contact VKB directly to purchase from them instead. Have you done this?

This information is also readily available from the "Where to Buy?" link for everyone to see. Lastly, the reason we dumped PayPal can be found in the FAQ.

Thanks.

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Ahem, as you know - VKBcontrollers only serves the US, Canada, New Zealand, and Australia. You should know because I replied to you. I also provided the email info for you to contact VKB directly to purchase from them instead. Have you done this?

This information is also readily available from the "Where to Buy?" link for everyone to see. Lastly, the reason we dumped PayPal can be found in the FAQ.

Thanks.

First of all greetings rrohde.

If I remember when you kindly provided me with information about my problem, remember to explain that I am making the purchase in my home country and the shipment would be for the US.

I read FAQ why VKB does not want PayPal services and I understand it.

Now as for the email you provided me, I contacted a very kind girl and she gave me an address from the Aliexpress store, but they also do not accept PayPal with their products specifically and due to the limitations imposed by the government From my country, this store does not accept credit or debit cards from my country.

When I explained to the girl, she very kindly told me that nothing could be done ...

I see strangely that on the VKB Europe website they accept payments with PayPal, but buying their components in Europe the freight is very high for the US and even more for my country.

:smilewink: I didn't want to be rude, but for everything there is always a solution

Edited by gizomat

FORTIS FORTUNA ADIUVAT

• 2 weeks later...

I need this on a fully compatible base and matching throttle. There's no point in putting it on a Warthog base if the DLC won't work as an axis. IMO that would just be a waste of money. If you're going to do it right, do it right :)

I'll unplug my Warthog when I switch from A-10C to F-14 and v.v. I don't agree with requests for twist or extra buttons, this is a replica for a very niche market. Generic/multipurpose/game sticks are a different kettle of fish altogether and will have different design priorities.

GO all in VKB and give us something that works just like the real thing, including wing sweep (with cover) throttles with AB detents and the surrounding switches. It'll sell slowly, but it will sell for many years.

Edited by Morat

I need this on a fully compatible base and matching throttle. There's no point in putting it on a Warthog base if the DLC won't work as an axis. IMO that would just be a waste of money. If you're going to do it right, do it right :)

I'll unplug my Warthog when I switch from A-10C to F-14 and v.v. I don't agree with requests for twist or extra buttons, this is a replica for a very niche market. Generic/multipurpose/game sticks are a different kettle of fish altogether and will have different design priorities.

GO all in VKB and give us something that works just like the real thing, including wing sweep (with cover) throttles with AB detents and the surrounding switches. It'll sell slowly, but it will sell for many years.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

FORTIS FORTUNA ADIUVAT

• 1 month later...

I know of at least three sales of something like this.

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

Ordinarily I would be somewhat impatient. However we should all consider that currently there are millions of people in home quarantine in China, many thousands (at least) infected with Kung Flu / COVID-19, thousands dead. If you've been paying any attention to current affairs the Chinese supply chain is massively impacted. (8 largest ports in China closed, national holidays extended etc). Hence your "toy" might not be ready to deliver yet. Get some perspective.

Edit:

Turns out VKB are saying (this evening) that they are opening orders on 17 Feb. Although they warn of shipping backlogs. It is hard to know what exactly is the situation in China right now. Last news story on this I've seen suggested that >700 million people in China were under quarantine. (Up from c.500 million about a week ago). If true... incredible. But if VKB are suggesting they are back to work tomorrow... who knows?

Edited by Milou
New information from VKB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]