Why is the Viper getting TWS before the Hornet?

key_stroked

It is his choice so respect other player who are not agree with you !

When i see respect , i respect too.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, classical deflection.

You're referring to your false dichotomy, presumably, since it didn't actually address what I said.

you ether develop it on Viper (option A) or Hornet (option B)
…or on the Hornet while it's still relative simple and bare to the bones system before you're having to juggle two very complex systems requiring complex integrations with lots of non-overlapping dependencies (option C). And that's not even mentioning the dozens of additional options available where you consider other stages at which the development could have begun and been integrated.

Repeating something without providing a concrete answer doesn't make it true
Good news: it wasn't an answer. It was an observation on how what you said would once again would work just as well as an argument in favour of making sure the Hornet's radar was given due focus before they embarked on a new adventure. And I'm afraid that this observation is indeed quite true. Your not wanting to address it doesn't make it any less so.

It is not a deflection. It's a reflection — superficially similar but actually quite different.

Edited by Tippis

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

• ED Team
I think that the better way is to add tws on the viper and hornet on the same patch/time !

It would mean the Viper would have it, and it would need to sit and wait till it's done in the Hornet. Seems like it would be better to get the option out in one jet and in testing.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Ok, here is the deal, and I am sure it won't make it any easier, but it was determined that it would be more efficient for the Radar guy to stay put and finish what he is doing on the Viper, THAT said, the work he is doing on the Viper is still mutually beneficial to the Hornet, and while it ends up that the Viper gets it first, the development aside from tying it into the Hornet systems will be all but done.

I heard horror stories from the past about old code that was left by ex-employees, and no one could figure it out or do much with it, I think they are being much more proactive with development now so that items can be better plugged into new modules...

I still get it though, this won't make people happy, but for now it makes the most sense. Sorry guys.

That's good enough for me. Looks logic and I fully endorse your decision.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sometimes I feel shamed to be in this forum when I read some of the negativity of everyone in these comments... It is like watching a little kids fighting on sandbox that whom car is faster and who should be first to start the racing....

Like seriously.... Yes, some of you love hornet, some love falcon.... Now just go out there to fight and shoot each others down!

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

It would mean the Viper would have it, and it would need to sit and wait till it's done in the Hornet. Seems like it would be better to get the option out in one jet and in testing.

Agreed.

I'm pissed that the Hornet doesn't get it first but it is what it is so I'll get over it. We just need it in the game asap and tested please!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

There are a lot of people in here that aren't making personal attacks on others, or getting out of line with ED. Because we aren't happy and voicing that it doesn't mean we are being kids, or entitled etc etc etc. Most are being quite respectful.

It was a terrible decision and it doesn't look good to a large portion of the community. The single most important feature over all the other stuff TGP, LGBs, JSOW, JDAM, Mavs etc etc etc is TWS and a lot have been very patiently waiting for it! I'm not usually someone on here being critical of ED. I'm usually just the opposite. In fact the only thing I think I've voiced in a while was a bit of unhappiness on the Ladder not being fixed in the hornet.

All that said I really hope that TWS in in the Hornet within a week or two at the most from the time the Viper gets it...otherwise resources have been diverted a lot longer than we think.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Sometimes I feel shamed to be in this forum when I read some of the negativity of everyone in these comments...

Its hard to be positive all the time. I dont care for Hornet vs Falcon discussion, i bought both, admittedly against my better judgement. I thought, well, it cant be more barebones than the hornet at release, at least that was my impression from all the videos, and to my surprise, even with the lowest of expectations, i was still disapointed, not even a basic damage model.

Its very hard to be optmistic, specially when we are still waiting for fixes bugs that were reported on the first week of development, when we are still waiting for the new damage model, the IR revamp,any hint of development on the AG radar, loadouts for WW2 planes, units for the asset pack, the P-47, the Me-262 (wich many like myself already paid for years ago). Its not that the comunity cant handle Early Acess, it seems that ED cant handle early acess or has bitten off mare than it can chew, now with the Falcon out we have 5 modules labeled as Early Acess only on ED ( not counting third parties), they are the FW-190, Yak-52, F/A-18, WWII assets pack and of course, the F-16.

I wish only sucess for ED, after all they seem to be a passionate bunch and i fly and find enjoyment on its modules on a daily basis, but i certainly can understand and share some of the frustration and disapointment of part of this comunity, and to be honest, after all that was said about development on one module not afecting the others, this last move simple doesnt look good.

All that said I really hope that TWS in in the Hornet within a week or two at the most from the time the Viper gets it...otherwise resources have been diverted a lot longer than we think.

How can we expect to set timelines for ED? A week or two, come on man be a little realistic here. What if it isn't that easy? What if it causes problems in the Viper? What if they push TWS to fast and it screws up the Hornet?????? Let's test it, make sure its right. How do you (I know I sure don't) know exactly what is needed to make it work and can so matter of factly put a time line to this?

Agreed. Withholding a feature for no real reason serves no purpose. This goes beyond the Viper and the Hornet and it's a bad practice, especially for an Open Beta branch. At least it'll be out and in testing, which is what the OB is for. Could also be helpful for the Hornet's TWS, if some bugs are spotted quickly.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

It was a terrible decision and it doesn't look good to a large portion of the community. The single most important feature over all the other stuff TGP, LGBs, JSOW, JDAM, Mavs etc etc etc is TWS and a lot have been very patiently waiting for it! I'm not usually someone on here being critical of ED. I'm usually just the opposite. In fact the only thing I think I've voiced in a while was a bit of unhappiness on the Ladder not being fixed in the hornet.

I get that alot of people wanted TWS for a long while (I'm on that list). But plenty of people wanted the Tpod more (go back check the votes) (and I was on that list too) which is why it got prioritized. It may not be what "you" wanted though. And I get the disappointment that the viper gets it first, but its likely because its easier to integrate it in a less fleshed out radar/datalink system that the viper has. Personally I'd much rather have a working SA page on the viper than TWS, but thats just me.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I don't disagree here, but at a guess, people are concerned that the F16 will have a big advantage in MP now that it has TWS and the hornet doesn't. Alot of the online aeroquake set are really concerned about "uber" planes and balance in MP.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

There are a lot of people in here that aren't making personal attacks on others, or getting out of line with ED. Because we aren't happy and voicing that it doesn't mean we are being kids, or entitled etc etc etc. Most are being quite respectful.

The way to heaven lays in throwing to your ignore list the casual 'whiners vs fanboys' guys. Lots of people can't imagine someone who thinks differently without being an incarnation of evil. Their problem, not ours.

NineLine - I agree.

Can you please follow-up with the team and speak a little bit about the effort you suspect it will take to get it from the Viper into the Hornet after it releases? Are we talking a week? a month? Two months? Is it unknown?

When I go back and read both yours, BN and Wags' messages on this topic it sounds relatively quick. This sort of goes back to my original premise of managing expectations.

This would help me and others, I think.

Are we talking a week? a month? Two months? Is it unknown?

When I go back and read both yours, BN and Wags' messages on this topic it sounds relatively quick. This sort of goes back to my original premise of managing expectations.

This would help me and others, I think.

Which brings us to the excellent idea of a provisional timetable. Quite sure this would be a guarantee of clarity, even if we know that 'previsional' does definitely not mean 'contractual', because life is life.

How can we expect to set timelines for ED? A week or two, come on man be a little realistic here. What if it isn't that easy? What if it causes problems in the Viper? What if they push TWS to fast and it screws up the Hornet?????? Let's test it, make sure its right. How do you (I know I sure don't) know exactly what is needed to make it work and can so matter of factly put a time line to this?

Honestly this is the worst scenario...get it out in the viper discover a laundry list of bugs and push the Hornet TWS out months... And you're right I have no way of knowing for sure. I only know when Wags said a few members of the Hornet group were going to work on the Viper to help it get out the door and that would be very temporary. That was less than a month ago. So I would think that plugging in the appropriate resources from the Hornet to TWS would be a couple of week process using that math.

I will also point out that I was fine with them diverting a few people the way they presented it. And I defended ED to people that were upset. I didn't think they would pursue the Viper development past the Hornet when that was announced.

Edited by Greekbull

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Cool, you understood the problem with this model of so-called "parallel" develompent. Which money will be made by developing the ATFLIR? None. Which new module development can take advantage of its development? None. The Litening was not in the initial Hornet project IIRC. It's all about damage control.

Remember......

The ATFLIR has in use by the USNavy, The Litening "ONLY" by the USMC and added as "interinum" version meanwhile coming the new FLIR render technology, the ATFLIR coming to the Navy Hornets, and ED has talk about add the SNIPER pod to the F-16C when that technology coming.

By Wags... underway (parallel)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4046056&postcount=10

Hey everyone,

This task is underway, but a huge one. It's not simply a matter of adjusting some shaders, but we must create alternate textures for all world and unit objects (hundreds) that can then be alterned based on unit activity level, time of day, and perhaps even IR nets.

This is certainly an important item, but it will take a signficant amount of time to do it right.

Thanks

From February 2019 on Hornet Mini-Updates.....

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3742659&postcount=104

Happy new year everyone!

A little good-news update to pass along regarding the targeting pod for the Hornet. As many of you are aware, USMC Hornets fly with the AN/AAQ-28 Litening targeting pod when deployed from airfields. This is the same TGP used for our A-10C. As such, we now plan to first introduce the Litening pod to the Hornet prior to the AN/ASQ-228 ATFLIR pod. This will allow a more complete selection of targeting pod options (can also be used for other countries like Spain of course), but also allow us to introduce a targeting pod into the project sooner than we had originally expected.

Thanks!

4OBDcwS.jpg

You see ED has removed the ATLFLIR from Hornet equipment list?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3285514&postcount=13

And yes, continue with "parallel" develop, similarly to other tecnologies (Damage model, dynamic campaign, etc) in the backyards of ED :music_whistling: An today newsletter more "parallel" projects.... AI Flight model and UH-1H Multicrew.... and more to coming.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

Honestly this is the worst scenario...get it out in the viper discover a laundry list of bugs and push the Hornet TWS out months... And you're right I have no way of knowing for sure. I only know when Wags said a few members of the Hornet group were going to work on the Viper to help it get out the door and that would be very temporary. That was less than a month ago. So I would think that plugging in the appropriate resources from the Hornet to TWS would be a couple of week process using that math.

I will also point out that I was fine with them diverting a few people the way they presented it. And I defended ED to people that were upset. I didn't think they would pursue the Viper development past the Hornet when that was announced.

It sucks man, I know. I wish we could get things at the same time. Let's hope it goes smooth and the Hornet is rocking TWS ASAP, just as long as it works properly.

Seriously? You thing making Viper owners wait a couple Of weeks (haha) for a functionality that people have been calling for for a year and a half isn’t ‘fair’ - especially on those who do not have the Viper

I mean... You sound like a petulant child with this comment, there's no other way to put it.

For shame.

C'mon, it's the long awaited DCS F-16

Back in the days 2003, we play LOMAC and couldn't dream about, what we actually have now at home , with DCS and VR

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

Sometimes i long for the days where you would just go to the store. Buy a game. Find out at home it was buggy as hell, and just trew it away.

No updates, no EA, nothing.

(Yes, this is sarcasm)

DCS A-10C II Warthog, DCS AV-8B, DCS F/A-18C. DCS F-16C DCS KA-50 III, DCS F-14B. DCS AH-64 Apache. DCS Mirage F1. DCS F-15E.
System: Z690 - i9-12900k - RTX 3080ti - 32gb ram - 2tb NVME - 2x2tb HDD - TM Hotas Warthog - MFG Rudders - Trackir/VR