Joystick Encoder / Interface board

Phantom_Mark

Can someone please recommend a cheap but idiot proof board which allows as many analogue pots and digital/encoder switches as possible please ?

I want a board which will allow me lots of analogue to control all the lights etc on pots, and then a bunch of digital inputs for switches etc, and if possible a few Rotary switches as well, seen lots of options and different prices but wondering if I might be missing a better option than this

http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=204

Great if I just want to connect a HAT and 8 Pots......nothing left for switches tho ? :joystick:

You see Bu0836A description?

8 analog inputs with 12-bit (4096 steps) resolution each - there you can connect pot, analog contact less sensors (e.g. Hall sensor).

32 button / 16 rotary encoder inputs -there connect press buttons, toggle switch (latching or momentary) and encoder, each encoder take 2 buttons position. So if use 16 encoders, can't use any button.

8-way "point-of-view" hat switch input - can use pins reserved for HAT for wire 4 individual buttons.

I use 4 of these in my build:

http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=94&products_id=180

You can't go wrong here. Super simple to use and 99% idiot proof. If you are using Encoders, save yourself a little heart ache and make sure to start each encoder on an odd number and keep them together in the layout. Example, 1 encoder will have 3 wires, input 1/ground/input 2. Assign these on the board as B1 (Input 1), B1 Ground, B2 (Input 2). The next button or encoder will start on B3. Best to start encoders at the beginning or make sure you record their locations/button number because you will need to use a program provided as a download for the board to recognize the inputs as Encoder pulses.

This board also does not require any matrix or advanced cross hook-ups. Click on the instructions tab to see how simple it really is to use.

And, I know you said cheap, this one is a little more expensive, but you can have cheap or idiot proof... think of the extra little bit as a convenience charge... :)

Edited by DDSSTT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.csg-2.net/

i have 2 BBI 32s two BBI 64's and a BU0836X they are very easy to work with and the software to tell which set uf buttons to use for encoders is straight forward. if you decide on the 64 though, you will have to get header plugs to connect to the board as there isn't a quick disconnect block like the 32 of 0836X

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals