Realsimulator F-16SGRH Tips

I wasn’t even aware that you could also use your head to turn knobs like that. I’ll test this later, I assume this is in VR? Anyway since you have lots of extra buttons you can probably substitute with binding mouse wheel up/down for this purpose for now.

Yes it's in VR. Anyone in the room at the time will think I'm an idiot but yes, I hold the left or right mouse button then either raise my head which will usually go clockwise and lower it back down for CCW. Sometimes you have to go side to side.

I am on the waiting list for the Point Control which will hopefully eliminate the need but good idea on the scroll wheel. I haven't tried that yet. It would definitely make volume knobs easier to deal with...

Edited by Wicked.-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.

Can anyone recommend a good 20mm extension that’s compatible with the Realsimulator grip? My Sahaj extension doesn’t allow the grip to tighten down all the way.

Not enough threads? I'll bet he can make a one off if you ask or take your current extension to machine shop if you can find one. They can put it on a lathe and extend the threads.

Edited by Wicked.-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.

Not enough threads? I'll be he can make a one off if you ask or take your current extension to machine shop if you can find one. They can put it on a lathe and extend the threads.

Not so much the amount of threads, but the area below the threads being too thick. The collar on the RS F16 Grip extends further past the threads on the nut than the old TM connector.

Platypus's setscrew fix worked fine to mount it. Now the only issue I have is the Brunner base doesn't put out enough power for the RS grip (according to the LED indications I'm getting, and RS's best guess).

I put in a trouble ticket to get my Brunner base fixed with a hardware solution. Not sure if it will fix the problem, but apparently they made a small change to the manufacturing process after June 2019, and I bought mine before that. From what I understand, they will fix it for free, I just have to ship them the joystick base back.

Hopefully I can get it to work. The RS grip will be perfect on the Brunner base. All the buttons I could ever need, and FFB for realistic trim.

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

Been flying A-10C with the stick quite a bit and this stick is a fantastic companion. BTW, I create a specific profile for each plane instead of using different memory slots for all planes with just one profile.

I bind pinky left right for Coolie hat SOI switch since I always mess up using the TMWH Coolie hat itself, often triggering page switching rather than MFCD switching especially in the middle of an important ground attack. Imagine losing your Mav screen while trying to make it SOI from TGP in order to get a lock. With this my SOI switch error is zero.

For Master mode switch, I bind forward/backward for Steer point +/-. DMS center+left/up/right for FLT PLN/Mark/Mission dial. Very useful when managing multiple ground targets with TGP, allowing me to switch targets and steer pages without lifting my hand off the stick.

Master mode switch up/down are used for CDU +/-. This allows me to bring up WP info for editing or flip through them quickly without looking down and clicking those buttons on the CDU panel. Very useful especially when running DLC campaigns that requires on the fly WP inputs.

Edited by Supmua

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Castle switch for the F-16SGRH stick. Pre-released version.

IMG-3782.jpg

IMG-3783.jpg

IMG-3784.jpg

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

So what is the latest base and stick firmware I should be using? I cannot get the stick to work.

You should be using the 10/17/19 release.

http://www.realsimulator.com/html/downloads.html

Can you elaborate on the problem with the stick? Are you using the stick with the FSSB base? Bluetooth or wired mode?

Edited by Supmua

From the manual

Remember this when you go to choose a firmware to install in your R3. You must pay

special attention in the next number:

 Num. “1”: it is firmware for the FSSB-R3 (Warthog), as for example:

- MJF_FW_1_06_2.FSSB_R3: firmware to work with Thrustmaster grips like

Cougar and Warthog, and compatibles grips.

- MJF_FW_F16_SG_1_00_1.FSSB_R3: firmware to work with the F16SGRH.

 Num. “2”: it is firmware for the FSSB-R3 Lighting, as for example:

- MJF_FW_2_00_2.FSSB_R3: firmware to work with Thrustmaster grips like

Cougar and Warthog, and compatibles grips.

- MJF_FW_F16_SG_2_00_1.FSSB_R3: firmware to work with the F16SGRH.

 Num. “3”: it is firmware for the FSSB-R3 Lighting to work with the F16SGRH

exclusively, as for example:

- MJF_FW_F16_SG_3_20_2.FSSB_R3: If you are a FSS-R3 Lighting owner I

suggest you do not install this firmware, e

Thats in direct contradiction with the website. To install the latest version or not?? Earlier versions result in a runtime error when selecting the F16 stick in HID. No versions result in a usable stick.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

I am using the beta firmware and software which is a bit newer (probably less stable), but I believe that the current Device Tool app requires the most current firmware (non-beta that is).

Here's what I would do:

1. Go to user\AppData\Roaming and delete Realsimulator and Realsimulator Data folders.

2. Update your FSSB R3L with the latest firmware, this should be straight forward.

3. Update your F-16SGRH stick. This can get tricky because you need to have a stable BT connection as you can only do it via BT at the moment.

F-16SGRH Firmware update.

1. Go to Device Manager and View/Show Hidden Devices.

2. Delete anything that reads RS-F16*** from Bluetooth thread.

3. Now put the stick in firmware update mode. This is done via pressing/holding 3 buttons for 1-2 seconds (Trigger2 + TMS center + DMS center). The middle LED will stay on indicating it's in this mode.

4. Add BT device in Window's BT setting, look for RS-F16***-Bootload and pair it. Note that it will not pair unless you have a stable BT connection.

5. Now update the firmware with DCC app.

6. When you are done, unpair by removing RS-F16*** Bootload from Windows BT setting. The stick will not operate when it is in Bootload mode.

7. Now put the stick in default pairing mode with 2 simultaneous button press (TMS center + DMS center). The left most LED will start blinking awaiting pairing initiation from your PC.

8. Go to Windows BT setting and add BT device. Look for RS-F16***-Home and pair it.

If you use the latest versions of firmware and device tool app, it should work.

If BT doesn't pair then you will need a BT dongle that would give stable signal.

If everything fails try Realsimulator's official supoprt, as the developers are much more knowledgeable.

EDIT: when you select firmware, make sure you pick from the correct folder for each device. R3 folder has MJF_FW_F16_***.FSSB_R3. If you have the R3L model the firmware's name end with 2, if you have R3 use the one that ends with 1. The F16SGRH folder should only have 1 firmware in there and it starts with F16_RH_FW_***.F16SGRH.

Edited by Supmua

OK. Got it to install by connecting it via the USB wire (ie no base) and holding the stick over my computer. I guess I have a weak BT in my motherboard. It works fine now in standalone mode but doesnt work when connected to the base, it still looking to be connected via BT.

Any ideas?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK. Got it to install by connecting it via the USB wire (ie no base) and holding the stick over my computer. I guess I have a weak BT in my motherboard. It works fine now in standalone mode but doesnt work when connected to the base, it still looking to be connected via BT.

Any ideas?

Buy BT dongle, I suggest CSR 4.0. That’s the only one that works reliably for me. Make sure to disable motherboard’s BT also.

Buy BT dongle, I suggest CSR 4.0. That’s the only one that works reliably for me. Make sure to disable motherboard’s BT also.

BTW, you should be able to use the FSSB and F16SGRH in wired mode. You don’t need to use the F16SGRH page in Device Tool, just stick with FSSB R3L page and everything should work. There is no need for BT pairing if you use FSSB R3L base. BT is only required for new firmware update in the stick but your stick should already have the latest firmware. It is the R3L base that needs the latest firmware to support the stick in wired mode.

My suggestion is to delete BT pairing and stick with wired mode if you don’t want the hassle of buying a BT dongle.

Edited by Supmua

But then dont I lose alot of the functionality if i can't access the F16 tab in device tool?

Edit: if I do that the buttons do not register a response in the R3L page.

If you have the FSSB3 Lighting base and have updated the firmware to the latest release, you will NOT lose any functions at all. It will work seamlessly without Bluetooth.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you have the FSSB3 Lighting base and have updated the firmware to the latest release, you will NOT lose any functions at all. It will work seamlessly without Bluetooth.

It refuses to work when connected to the base. Base and Stick firmware updated:(

Edit: The FSSB guys not only video called me but also tried to fix things via teamviewer. Unfortunately there's a hardware fault between the stick and base. They've arranged for a courier return. Disappointing not to get to use it but I cant fault their customer service, which is outstanding.

Edited by ///Rage

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It refuses to work when connected to the base. Base and Stick firmware updated:(

Edit: The FSSB guys not only video called me but also tried to fix things via teamviewer. Unfortunately there's a hardware fault between the stick and base. They've arranged for a courier return. Disappointing not to get to use it but I cant fault their customer service, which is outstanding.

It seems like a hardware issue but before you send it back:

Check and make sure that you have the correct firmware installed on your R3L base. Only the right firmware will allow you to use the F-16 stick in wired mode.

If you have another compatible grip try it on the FSSB and see if it works.

Check and see if there is any bent pin on the F-16 stick connector.

• 2 weeks later...

Macro is coming soon, and it should be fairly intuitive to use.

Imagine one button press that can turn on all internal and/or external lightings and set at desired value settings or adjust your MPCD display brightness, etc.

Complex operations such as diving down to acquire target lock with the A-10C. One button press can set target as SPI from your HUD, transfer SPI point to your wingmen via datalink, add that as a mark point, flip the Steerpoint dial to mark or mission, switch SOI to TGP then slew it to the SPI.

This can be done via different memory slots, so you do not lose the functions of the default memory slot.

I reformatted my computer and after installing VC++ 2017 RS Tools will not install and says I need to install VC++ 2017... Which I've done. lol I ran into this problem several years ago when I bought the TUSBA. Does anyone remember how to get this to work?

Thanks

*edit* Fixed. Uninstalled the 2015-2019 and manually put them in.

Edited by Wicked.-
Figured it out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For example, if you plug it into Virpil's WarBRD base (or Warthog base), you can assign the base for axis input in DCS but for button input you will use F-16SGRH via BT connection in order to take full advantage of its features.

Does this mean you will get 64 buttons with the Warthog base via Bluetooth?

I'll let Supmua confirm but I believe you will only get 64 buttons in combination with the FSSB3 Lighting.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

With BT you use DX Inputs from the stick directly so it’s 64 switches per memory slots (there are 8 memory slots). It doesn’t matter what base you use, you can even attach the stick to a plain rod and will still get 64 switches via BT.

You will only get 19 Dx inputs plus POV via Warthog base in wired mode, though.

I currently have all the Fn keys and some macros mapped plus regular HOTAS operations just in slot one alone. In slot two I map radio buttons and dials, this way I can keep my hands on the HOTAS most of the time. The advantage of having a lot of input options can be huge.

Of course with more buttons there is increased chance of user errors from misclick etc. so, my slot 3 is 1:1 mapping to real world stick, this is for when I do not want to make any mistakes of clicking the wrong button during crucial moments.

Edited by Supmua

With BT you use DX Inputs from the stick directly so it’s 64 switches per memory slots (there are 8 memory slots). It doesn’t matter what base you use, you can even attach the stick to a plain rod and will still get 64 switches via BT.

You will only get 19 Dx inputs plus POV via Warthog base in wired mode, though.

Thanks for the clarification. It’s quite confusing to work out the capability of this stick if you are considering buying it.

Can the rotary switch (including status LEDs) and the extra analog axes be used only with the FSSB R3 base, or would it work, say, with the Virpil CM2 base as well? Or can I use the Bluetooth connection to utilize all these extra functions? If so, is there any perceivable input lag with BT? BT is very prone to it apparently, especially on poorly configured host adapters.

Also, can someone explain how I am to interpret the fact that the grip itself has "roll, pitch & yaw axes" to configure?