VKB Stronghold Universal Controller Mount

Sokol1_br

While theres some concern about "maintaining support for old hardware", I'm personally ok with them making new products and improving old ones. I have the rev a. gunfighter and I've gotten my share of hours of use from it, and don't really feel like rev b. would be a significant upgrade. Sure theres bound to be some improvements over time, but they dont make my rev a worse in any way.

While theres some concern about "maintaining support for old hardware", I'm personally ok with them making new products and improving old ones. I have the rev a. gunfighter and I've gotten my share of hours of use from it, and don't really feel like rev b. would be a significant upgrade. Sure theres bound to be some improvements over time, but they dont make my rev a worse in any way.

My sentiments also my revision A is still working beautifully with my MCG Pro grip.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

My thought is that they could certainly increase their sales if they were to promote in advance upcoming development.

People like me would certainly make decisions based on market trends.

Such is the nature of free-enterprise to try and capture advance sales.

My thought is that they could certainly increase their sales if they were to promote in advance upcoming development.

People like me would certainly make decisions based on market trends.

Such is the nature of free-enterprise to try and capture advance sales.

I agree man that's a nice desk mount, it would be nice if they would give their customers a little advance notice, either on this forum, their forum or some sort on new letter, it would definitely be one to consider while considering a purchase.

Edited by Outlaw24

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Deskmout was sent only for "beta testers"

"Official announcement" came latter.

Don't need an official announcement. But . . . . notice of items being looked at for development and perhaps preliminary pics of possibilities. It needs to be promoted prior to beta testing in order for purchasers to be ready or help them make up their mind on whether to purchase something now or wait a bit longer.

They need to understand how to communicate with the market in advance.

Don't need an official announcement. But . . . . notice of items being looked at for development and perhaps preliminary pics of possibilities. It needs to be promoted prior to beta testing in order for purchasers to be ready or help them make up their mind on whether to purchase something now or wait a bit longer.

They need to understand how to communicate with the market in advance.

Well the throttle was announced in Dec 2017 in a VKB thread complete with pics of the product, and yet here we are...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Yep, the TECS throttle is still in development (I personally want it for myself sooner than later, so I feel everyone's pain ;) ).

Also, here you can see some photos of the UMC Stronghold - posted by a tester: http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3848

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Got my UCM Stronghold yesterday - got the long version for my Gunfighter with the 200mm extension and short version for throttle. First impression are they seem like a really well put together and solid piece of kit to me with some nice options for flexibility. Putting the first one together was a bit of a pain as I'm not real handy. It's a bit fiddly as you have to first disassemble what's in the package as they need to box it all up that way and then put it together the way it's supposed to be. The YouTube videos are good to follow though and once you get the idea the second one was a lot easier to assemble.

I need to use my desk for work as well and it's definitely easy to take them on and off - just takes about 15 seconds to attach one to the desk and they're rock solid while mounted. It's nice to have a slot to stick the black box into and keep it out of the way too. I'm using an X-55 throttle which I can't actually properly mount to the UCM short. I was originally thinking to try and jury rig something but it seems to sit there well enough and doesn't really move around when I'm using it so think I'll just leave it as is and wait for VKB's TECS to come out. Never had any desk mounts before so can't compare them to others like Monstertech, etc. but overall I'm definitely happy with the purchase.

I love my UCM...have one for my GF and one for my TWCS throttle. I gook the WH plate, located the mounting holes, and made a plate for the TWCS. Works great. One gripe...it would be nice if the extension extrusions you can buy that mount on the side had a plastic cap for the open end. They can be a bit sharp and I've scraped my leg and my chair arms by accident on occasion. I may end up fabricating a cap with 1/8" plywood, but a plastic cap would be nice...