Install HP Reverb

memoric

Hello

So sorry If things asked in this thread are to find in other threads but i want to get sure I'm doing it right.

So what have I to look for, when installing the reverb? What other programs have I to install to make it DCS ready? What are things to enable/disable?

What are the do's and don'ts?

Thank you very much!

regards

Having my Reverb for a week but on a non DCS system I can tell you these:

1) You have the normal (outside Steam I mean) Windows Mixed Reality software already installed into Windows 10 as default.

2) Later, in Steam use the "Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR" software in beta mode and "SteamVR" itself beta mode aswell. I've had very annoying software problems with the normal versions.

Hello

Thank you for your answer. Maybe sound stupid but how do I get the beta version of this programs? Also i read somewhere that you have to set the pixel densitiy to 188 or something, I can't remember correctly.

Thanks for helping!

Hello

Thank you for your answer. Maybe sound stupid but how do I get the beta version of this programs? Also i read somewhere that you have to set the pixel densitiy to 188 or something, I can't remember correctly.

Thanks for helping!

I can't answer the question right now about how to get the Beta version, because I don't remember how I did it. But, for the SteamVR super sampling, setting that to 188% gets you no increase in visual quality that I can see. Just set it to 100%. Going above that makes no noticeable improvement to visual quality (and visual quality is fantastic at 100%), but will have an ever-increasing, negative effect on performance. So, set SteamVR SS to 100%, and DCS PD to 1.0. It will look better and fly better than most of the lower-resolution HMDs.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Right click on the normal versions of these programs in Steam library and go to properties. There look for the dropdown menu where you can select "participate in beta" or something along this line. Then Steam starts a small update of these and you are now using the beta versions.

Hi,

couple of pointers which might help you.

Install SteamVR (as said above).

WMR comes installed with windows already.

Before running DCS VR, set the following.

(you might need to 'disable' the wmr device while you do this, or make sure 'enable VR headset is unchecked in the controls, VR options of DCS).

in Settings, 'UI Layer', bind the VR re-center 'VR headset' key to something easy on your controller.

enable vr yes

pixel density 1.0

use mouse yes

cursor confined..... yes

use hand controllers (your choice, but not needed),

force ipd true, set to 55 (this will make the pit look life like and not doll like),

use built in audio true.

in the system settings, make DCS window mode, at lowish resolution (uncheck full screen).

vertical synch FALSE

Now when all thats done, all you need to do to fire up,

Sit the headset in fron of you on the desk,

start DCS,(steam Vr starts automatically)

then put the headset, on, and hit the recenter key.

(if you can't see the mouse, take off the vr, and click into the dcs window on your screen.

YOU DONT NEED THE CONTROLLERS ON!

With the re-center button, you can do a lot on the 2d screen if you need to with the headset on the desk. Mouse shows up as a white spot.

If you need to get to the steam VR settings, a small STEAMVR 1.7.15 (or similar) window opens click on lines next to the title, then in the dropdown, settings.

important one is applications, custom resolution, to 100%

Video 'enable custom resolution, 150% (= 1968x1932 closest to the native resolution).

Best of luck, nothing in DCS will be the same again!!

Edited by Fish

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]