BFM Defensive Tactics Discussion

S. Low

I have missiles and they have guns.

It's not fair! :lol:

Make at least one waypoint for each to make them fly into your direction (and detect you). Their mission should be CAP.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

It's not fair! :lol:

Make at least one waypoint for each to make them fly into your direction (and detect you). Their mission should be CAP.

Well, it's 2v1! Lol :music_whistling: thanks for the tip, I'll edit the mission to these specs

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

The MiG-23 will not keep up with the Tomcat in the vertical, they always drop out before I do, typical merge is nose/nose angels 10 and about 350-450 KTAS - 1/2 loop, unload shortly before level and extend out, wait for him to fall out and then roll in behind him for easy guns kill. And I am giving him weight advantage (I have 2 x Fox 1, 2 x Fox 2, empty tanks and 80% fuel) where he is 80% fuel guns only.

Make a smooth pull to 15 units AOA and hold it with Max AB, you'll level off inverted at about 200-ish or just under, Flogger is bingo energy and flopping out, extend towards him a bit and then roll into the control zone.

The Flogger is a sitting duck vs a Tomcat.

Tomcat can be flown as a rate fighter, a radius fighter, or an energy fighter, take your pick, but most importantly know what your strengths and weaknesses are, and of course know the same for your opponent so that you fight your fight and refuse to give him his.

DISCO

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

i7 8700K | GTX 1070 Ti | 32GB 3000 DDR4

FAA Comm'l/Instrument, FAST Formation Wingman, Yak-52 Owner/Pilot