Any chance of a new Razbam video status update or a company statement on modules?

Konovalov

It has been over two and a half months since the last Razbam update video, a July update to be specific. Can we expect anything in the next few weeks in particular with regards to the still early access AV-8B N/A Harrier and also the M2K?

We are now a little over a month away from reaching the two year anniversary of this module being out in early access with no clear idea or timeline as to when this module will move to release candidate and what the final feature list will be. Some information and communication from the Razbam team would be most appreciated. :)

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

Well, they are actually quite active lately regarding new features in both planes.

They recently launched a video showing the future JDAM functionality for the harrier and regardimg the m2k they just launched a revamp of the radar to the OB along with other features/corrections based on AdA input.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Well, they are actually quite active lately regarding new features in both planes.

They recently launched a video showing the future JDAM functionality for the harrier and regardimg the m2k they just launched a revamp of the radar to the OB along with other features/corrections based on AdA input.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Yes I am aware of those. However a comprehensive development video or statement similar to that released by Heatblur in the last few days would be far more informative for customers and potential customers than what has been provided of late.

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

wonder if they'll say anything about the MiG-23 or the MiG-19 sound update.

The Harrier has been in early access for coming on two years now. As far as I am concerned that should be the priority focus of fixing bugs, adding features, and providing a final user manual to bring it into release candidate status. I for one do not see it as acceptable to have a module sitting in early access for 2 to 3 years. And in holding this view it is why I decided not to purchase the Mig-19 Farmer despite my interest in it.

The 28th of October 2017 is when I purchased the Harrier. I can only hope that on the 28th of October 2020 I am not sitting here still flying an early access version of the Harrier with it's incomplete feature list, a significant number of bugs and an incomplete user manual.

The monthly update videos have been stopped due to constant negative feedback regarding the update videos.

I will make short videos highlighting new features and news when they are ready but i will no longer make the monthly videos.

Edited by =DECOY=

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

The monthly update videos have been stopped due to constant negative feedback regarding the update videos.

I will make short videos highlighting new features and news when they are ready but i will no longer make the monthly videos.

Come on, you're not really impressed by the notorious complainers here, are you? So no information for all is better? :huh:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Your still have videos. Likely more often but I'm not doing the monthly one.

It will be more like the JDAM one we did the other day. And when new modules come we will do interviews and proper reviews on them.

Firstly =DECOY=, thanks for the clear and concise reply. That is disappointing to hear as I found the update summary videos every month or two quite useful as a customer to see what progress has been made and what is coming ahead in the future.

I still think that some form of company bulletin/newsletter every couple of months or even quarterly would be greatly beneficial and appreciated by owners such as myself on progress of existing modules and of any new prospective modules in the pipeline. And I also feel that such "quarterly company updates" would be best served being posted on media platforms including such as here on the Official ED Forums.

As a long time customer and owner of two of the three modules that have so far been produced by Razbam I guess I will just have to be content with hanging and feeding off little tidbits of official Razbam info here and there whenever and wherever they may appear.

In fact the complaints were not about the videos content but the lack of monthly updates as promised. There's plenty of evidence in previous topics discussing the subject.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

Whatever. Make one, when you have fixed the Mig-19 frequency select handle.

Edited by tintifaxl
Wrong quote...

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

In fact the complaints were not about the videos content but the lack of monthly updates as promised. There's plenty of evidence in previous topics discussing the subject.

Whatever. Make one, when you have fixed the Mig-19 frequency select handle.

This is why I dont spend my time making them.

This is why I don't spend my time making them.

Well that's a shame but I can see why you might stop because of that.

Some people in this community are poison and its a shame because it ruins things for everyone.

Keep up the good work Razbam I'm loving the Harrier and will continue to do so

I would not call community members, who bring up concerns and legitimately critics, as "stupid people" or poison.

However, Decoy/Razbam, if you would like to have a hint:

Don't personaly attack community members, and especially, don't blame community members for your own shortcomings.

If people are upset, salty, poisoned etc., it may have a reason.

Maybe you would like to reflect a little bit yourself, find out the reason, know what you have to change and start to work together with the community, instead of always against them...

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

I'm a proud owner of the Mirage and it is the *only* module I fly despite its flaws that have been waiting for a fix for years. Pointing a finger at me by quoting me as a bad community member is nothing short of total disrespect. Please, feel free to browse my history messages and see if I did not praise the work of Razbam in the past when rightfully due. I could not be happier about the recent work of Elwood who is doing a fantastic job on implementing French Air Force feedbacks. But I cannot stay silent when something is simply wrong, is it what you're waiting from your "good" community members ?

I was glad to see you, Decoy, back on the forums after several weeks/months of silence from Razbam on their official support page, but your replies, deception, and personal attack are not what I expect as a community member or customer and most of all from the official rep from the company I supported.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

By all means, they're not allowed to defend themselves, express emotion, or do anything but kiss their entitled customers asses. Amiright?

Maybe people around here should remember it's just a video game and not rant so much like somebody kidnapped their infant children? But no, it's perfectly fine to badger developers until they're miserable because your video game isn't up to your standards. Nothing wrong with that behavior at all.

Well said, I perfectly agree with that and even add to not forget from where come your frustration where you are not happy: from passion and dream and wish to have the game (sim sorry) of your dream !!!! Don’t bite the hand that feed you and remembre also your voice is never the voice of all other passionate people.

Keep going on Razbam ! And for sure, it just make more sense to make video about some New features than a monthly video. I am very excited to see the new mirage 2000 cockpit.

i7 12700k, RTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, M.2 512Go, Quest 2

Thanks again to =Decoy= from Razbam for answering my question in confirming that the monthly video updates have been ceased and as to how Razbam will be updating customers on module progress in future. Hope to see the Harrier finalized in the coming months and be able to enjoy some time in 2020 a module to rival the Tomcat.

Edited by Konovalov

One of my previous message has been deleted with the reason being I asked for the message to be deleted. That must be a mistake as I never asked such thing. Here's my original message :

attachment.php?attachmentid=219267&stc=1&d=1571049440

A8BF1FB8-CDBA-410C-B7FE-8C6A2DC9071E.thumb.jpeg.de48f04b1485e0e11723dd68d601e57e.jpeg

Edited by 33-DFTC

This whole update video thing came out of the last "Harrier uprising" which culminated in the coercion of a user who again quoted someone from Reddit.

In the beginning a lot was promised, but with every episode the content of the Harrier became shorter and shorter and soon it was almost all about the "Farmer" and/or other upcoming modules (the point where I got off the ride). Now it has been stopped. So, we went from "blah blah blah" to "business a usual".

Similar with the presence and reachability of our new Community manager in the (AV8B-)Forum.

I do not want to offend you DECOY. My criticism doesn't relate to the quality of your work. But even a good community manager can't make gold out of almost nothing.

The time for talk and promise is long gone, the only thing that counts and helps is serious progress.

Couldn't agree more.

Of course the customers shouldn't insult the developers, however I do understand why emotions boil over somewhat regularly here in the RAZBAM forums.

The way Razbam handles support (if you even want to call it that) and responds (or actually very very often not ) to bug reports by customers is really lacking in comparison to other developers or even ED

(who lately seem to get better at it).

Its hugely frustrating for the Razbam customers, especially since Razbam now almost completely deserted the forums and show off their progress info only via FB and /or Discord.

I can understand that DECOY feels the constant negative feedback is too much , but if you're honest, a lot of that negativity stems from very valid complaints about bugs and lack of response /fixing of those.

Won't be buying future Razbam modules unless this significantly improves and actual support is returned to these forums.

Regards,

Snappy

Edited by Snappy

Still think this forum and the other devs should have an incomplete feature list and a bug list. Even if it isn't tracked any more than done/not done. It's annoying piecing together what actually works in a module before purchase. It's almost impossible to know for sure what it is you're getting and I think that leads to a lot of frustration.

These guys have really picked up the pace, though. I think bringing on another dev is bringing good things to RAZBAM and I'm excited to see what the next few months bring.

I am conflicted here...

I am not going to make excuses for possible toxic comments from some folks as I think most of us adults know what is and isn't acceptable (or at least we should).

However, if you are going to be a community manager, you HAVE to have a thick skin. I am sure if you are constantly being hit with negativity it is going to get to you, but I have to think it's your job to be able to deal with it?

It would be a real shame if a few comments cause this to go away. Anyway, thanks for all you have done so far Decoy, many of us appreciated it but I don't agree with why you are stopping at all.

Edited by StandingCow

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

I do not own any of the razbam modules, but I'm very interested in the av-8b... when it will be (really) finished. Nevertheless, I put no hurry in razbam developers, since I know a complex 4th gen plane requires 3 to 5 years to be finished, ED itself stated this in the past. It's a game, as someone said, and I can live without the av-8b if It Will never meet my expectations.