Vegas. rendering a video for size but quality?

graywo1fg

I want to render my video but i do with the .wmv codec or whatever and its 421 megs for 5 min ???? at normal rez... wtf? GA your vids are like 100 meg for 4 min.. how did you do it?

4w24cLi.png?4

Voice of Jester AI

Death From Above =DFA= Squadron Discord - https://discord.gg/deathfromabove

http://www.twitch.tv/graywo1f

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lonewo1fg

• ED Team

When you are about to render, hit "custom" and use the following settings:

Video rendering quality: Best

Audio: 128 kbps, 44 kHz, stereo(A/V) CBR

Video mode: CBR

Resolution: up to you.. (i use 720x576)

Frame rate: Default (29 something..)

Video smoothness: 100%

Bitrate: 3M

Now you're set.. :)

I dont have Xvid :'(

If you go here you will get them all! :)

http://itpro.no/download.php?op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=356

XVid will be one of the codecs to choose from when you are in the rendering screen of Vegas. Another tip: If you use fraps and the "half size resolution" options the resolution I have when grabbing half the size is 650X512 I think. If you set that resolution in Vegas you will not lose any resolution. Of course you can set a higher resolution, but it will interpolate or something I think. I actually tried to output a video to DVD resolution and I was surpriesed of the qualityh even if the grabbed resolution was 650X412!

My moviemaking channel at YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RobertDamli

Question to GA, so when you record, do you usually record in half speed?

Meaning, you press ctrl-A (i believe?) once and then in vegas you speed it up by 2x?

Hell, at times I had to go to 1/16th speed to get the video I wanted with FRAPS for my current project--all close to the ground with insane object counts. 10 minutes of video took 160 minutes to record on some sections.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• ED Team

Correct, i slow the game down once (ALT-A) and then speed the clip up in vegas (or after effects).

On a sad note, my Geforce 7800GTX card is ruined. It's broken, so i can't use that card anymore. Right now im borrowing a 1600XT card from a friend of mine.

Sadly, this means my fps will be even lower in Lock On, so im kinda worried this will affect how my movies might turn out, since im used to making some pretty "large" scenes with lots of stuff happening.

...Sadly, this means my fps will be even lower in Lock On, so im kinda worried this will affect how my movies might turn out, since im used to making some pretty "large" scenes with lots of stuff happening.

GA, just do what I do. Hit ALT-A four times instead of once. :)

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• ED Team
GA, just do what I do. Hit ALT-A four times instead of once. :)

Rich

4 times? Are you insane man? :P

I know that the "workaround" is just to slow time down even more.......but you see, sometimes i need to be able to get a sense of how much camera movement im working with. You see all those small "camera" moves i use, say, in EDGE? I moved the mouse quite slow, fully knowing that this shot would be "smooth shaky". But if time is too slow, i will have a difficult time trying to keep the movements smooth, and not too slow, nor too fast. Dunno if this makes any sense to any of you. :P

• ED Team
If you press alt-A 4x, what is that equivalent to in vegas, like how many times do i speed it up?

Well, you have to speed the clip up 4 times in vegas then.

But seriously, slowing the game down 4 times is a little too extreme. I mean...the max i've used is 3 times, and this is for really heavy scenes with explosions and stuff close up.

Do you guys record with FRAPS in full size or halfe size?

I am working on my first movie and - hell it is a lot of fun editing in VEGAS !

Really like the pgm! I should be done soon.

Its not as perfect as GAs movies but for my first shot it's ok.

Greetings

krel01

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good luck on your video, for me, I didn't have to slow down the speed in lock on and I got pretty decent videos. However, this is how i did it. Since I'm running on a widescreen (1600x1000) there was no way i was going to record in that since the file would be so huge and that's a heavy fps hit.

So I lowered my resolution to 1280 and recorded in half size, thus giving me a video resolution of 600x400 (i believe).

Anyway, if you need to- you can always slow it down and speed it up in vegas. Also, the key to making a good movie is using camera angels that are NOT the default camera angels. No one likes to see the standard F2 videw and you spin around it. Mix it up a little

here's some tips with camera angles that i been giving to several people

Shift-j will have that jiggle effect. It's just one of several clever camera tricks you could use. For example the F2 external view, you can do a different type of zoom with ctrl / or *. You can also use free cam ctrl F11. You can padlock it with the . from the numpad key. One of the main things you will see in other lock on movies is the use of the F4 view, this is pretty hard to master because it requires you to change the code in one of the files. Lucky for us there's an easy way and thats downloading a program called LoCFG. It not only helps you tweak lock on but theres an option in there to change the f4 view. Normally the f4 view is facing your 6 and it rotates around that axis. By changing it, we can place it anywhere like under a pylon, above...etc. Another trick you can use is in the F2 view, you can circle around the plane, then use shift-esc to unlock the plane so you can look around from that axis. Also, a lot of people like to use the "frog camera" Which is when you get these very nice low angel shots from the ground up. just go to your server.lua in

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On\Config\View

open it up with notepad and turn CameraTerrainRestriction = true

to false, then you can get really low to the ground, also you can go through the ground

The next key thing is key frames when you edit in vegas. Try your best to match the action of the film to your music. I thinks that's about it, cheers and good luck.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SuperKungFu,

thanks for your detailed description.

I have been studying the movie making forums for a couple of years almost now.

I have all these tools changing camera angles in F4 view etc.

I never tried SHIFT-ESC in F2 view though. I will give it a try.

Doesn't the playback of the track stop as soon as I hit ESC ?

I will try.

Concerning publishing the movie. Do you guys alway use youtube or something like that?

How would host the 100MB movie for downloadn (if it's worth it) ?

Thanks again.

Greetings

krel01

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Shift-esc button is a little tricky, because if you let go shift just a little bit soon, then the esc confirmation would show up, but don't worry, as long as you don't officially exit, the playback track will still be the same.

You can always upload it to youtube to allow the people who want to view it only they can stream it, but its best to upload it to a site

A lot of lock on films go to http://www.virtual-jabog32.de/index.php?section=downloads&PHPSESSID=3048d90f67bcec582e9e212f1cadc6bd&lang=en

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

One more question:

How do you guys speed up in VEGAS 4x ?

What I see is only this little switch wich I can set to

0.25, 0.50, 1 or 2.

Can you give a little description where I can find this?!

Concerning credit roll in VEGAS - is there a way to slow the speed down

separately in VEGAS without changing speed of the complete movie?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP !

Greetings

krel01

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
One more question:

How do you guys speed up in VEGAS 4x ?

What I see is only this little switch wich I can set to

0.25, 0.50, 1 or 2.

Can you give a little description where I can find this?!

Concerning credit roll in VEGAS - is there a way to slow the speed down

separately in VEGAS without changing speed of the complete movie?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP !

To speed up:

Right click the clip on the timeline -------> properties -------> playback rate: 1.000 ---- change this to 4.000.

Credit roll: Change the length of the "running time", or something.

There is a selection to change how many minutes/seconds the credit roll plays. Change it to whatever you need.