Arduino pullup in DCS BIOS

dhevans79

Hi all,

Just got my basic hardware setup complete and run some tests to check some basics on the Arduino. I note that the arduino supports INPUT_PULLUP to use the internal resistors on the board. Does anyone know if DCS BIOS supports this somehow? I didn't see anything when scanning the documentation.

I have the resistors, just thought it was a little more elegant than having to plug them in to the circuit too.

Just beginning electronics, so please feel free to correct my thinking if necessary.

Cheers to all, and here's to the start of a new relationship with all you home cockpit builders.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

i7-7700K 4.2 GHz, Gigabyte GTX 980 4Gb, Asus Prime z270k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600MHz, Plextor PCIe SSD 256Gb, Samsung EVO 750 SSD 500Gb, 9.5TB SATA incl 4TB Mirrored. Saitek X52-Pro

DCS-BIOS is natively set for internal pull. [ian] already designed the system so you didn't need to apply external resistors for inputs. When you load your first sketch you can measure it with a voltmeter between ground and the input you have designated. It will read 5VDC.

I don't think it's mentioned at least in the original documentation. I seem to recall Ian mentioned it in a post but can't remember where. You can kinda see from the example in the documentation as the push button is connected between an input and GND.

Hope it answers your question.

Cheers

Hans

Cheers, that answers the question perfectly.

I'll double check by using a voltmeter on the pin to confirm.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

i7-7700K 4.2 GHz, Gigabyte GTX 980 4Gb, Asus Prime z270k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600MHz, Plextor PCIe SSD 256Gb, Samsung EVO 750 SSD 500Gb, 9.5TB SATA incl 4TB Mirrored. Saitek X52-Pro