AR

Zeagle

It's in another manual we can't mention, not in the one where operation of AR switch could be described for F16 used in an European country. :music_whistling:

But be sure, this 3-5 mn timeframe is not made up from our mind :smilewink:

From what I can gather from an acutal Blk.50 manual. It says nothing about needing to wait any amount of time between opening the slipway and hooking up to the tanker. It mentions that it depressurizes the external tanks and that no fuel will flow from the tanks to the aircraft. The RDY light illuminates when the slipway is opened and the system is ready. I take the "system is ready" part to only mean the slipway is down and fueling can begin. Nothing about waiting. Learned something new today anyway.

It takes me far longer than that to connect after opening the refuelling flap, so it wouldn't affect me much anyway. :)

btw, i've just managed to fly to and connect to all 3 of the tankers in Red Kite's mission and only the 1st (Straight) gave me any fuel, with both racetrack and circle giving me none.

It's amazing how far you can go at 41,000ft, on less than 3,000lbs of fuel. :)

It's amazing how far you can go at 41,000ft, on less than 3,000lbs of fuel. :)

Specially thanks to fuel flow being WIP currently. Uses a bit less than it should it seems.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Specially thanks to fuel flow being WIP currently. Uses a bit less than it should it seems.

Stop it! I like my Viper the way it is :music_whistling: I like having "legs".

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I guess it won't change too much as long as you stay out of burner. And I've seen burner FFs here ranging from 35k to 70k+. If 35-40k is correct, it's not that much more either. And up high the rates seem to fit decently compared to other jets.

As long as it won't be like the Tomcat, burning 12k+ pounds in less than 3 minutes... but that one is overdone by a huge margin. I clocked her FF once, hooked up on the ground and in burners it was more than twice of what it should be.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

:lol:

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I guess it won't change too much as long as you stay out of burner. And I've seen burner FFs here ranging from 35k to 70k+. If 35-40k is correct, it's not that much more either. And up high the rates seem to fit decently compared to other jets.

As long as it won't be like the Tomcat, burning 12k+ pounds in less than 3 minutes... but that one is overdone by a huge margin. I clocked her FF once, hooked up on the ground and in burners it was more than twice of what it should be.

I can’t get mine above 22k. The maximum the irl Viper can drink is sea level at Mach 1.3 where it’s up near 100K :shocking:

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

According to the charts I have 4,000lbs/hour dry at 41,000ft is about right for .96 Mach.

Proud owner of:

I turned on easy communications and that's what fixed my refueling problem.

Interesting! So you can refuel after spawning cold and dark in say NTTR?

Proud owner of:

Ah, that'll be it then. The A/R button is staying activated. I must have pressed mine to disconnect on earlier connections. I bet that the "you're full" message is heard when you press that button to disconnect, so if it is latched on, it'll not let you connect again. The same will go for ground starts, where you use NWS.

The NWS function that shares the button is latched, so that'll be the issue. I wonder if pressing it again will turn it off so that you can connect after getting the message?

Edited by Greyman

Ah, that'll be it then. The A/R button is staying activated. I must have pressed mine to disconnect on earlier connections. I bet that the "you're full" message is heard when you press that button to disconnect, so if it is latched on, it'll not let you connect again. The same will go for ground starts, where you use NWS.

The NWS function that shares the button is latched, so that'll be the issue. I wonder if pressing it again will turn it off so that you can connect after getting the message?

That’s a very good point!

Proud owner of:

Might be usefull insight... In the A10C you MUST press the NWS / AR Disconnect in order to be able to re-connect after disconnecting. The indication next to the HUD also switches from the ready status to the disconnected status. Might be the same case for the F16? I can't test for my self as i haven't got my hands on the Viper yet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simming since 2005

My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, Corsair HX850

Might be usefull insight... In the A10C you MUST press the NWS / AR Disconnect in order to be able to re-connect after disconnecting. The indication next to the HUD also switches from the ready status to the disconnected status. Might be the same case for the F16? I can't test for my self as i haven't got my hands on the Viper yet

Wise point here, NWS should behave in the same way, so this present would be a bug.

It would be fixed even soon, the devs. should already have their hands full of stuff to do currently, I guess. So, let's wait with a little patience...

With best regards,

If the button is being latched, it apparently can't be unlatched by pressing the button again, even after closing and reopening the refuelling hatch, so it looks like waiting for a fix is the only way to go now. oh well, it was worth a try.

yup, i've finally just flown between all 3 tankers and all 3 allowed me to refuel and i didn't press the AR Disc button once. now, as @Ziramond says, until Friday's patch, all you need to do is figure out how to get off the ground without NWS or just start in the air.

edit: i should say that this aircraft is awesome fun to fly and as well as getting better at AAR, i've also even been getting to know the radar. probably not a good idea to use any weapons in anger in this mission though. :)

Edited by Greyman

Good job community figuring out the NWS could be the cause. Hopefully, the devs see this and can get a fix in for a hopeful Friday patch day, if they haven't already figured it out.:thumbup:

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals