Event Source: Application Popup

Event Category: None

Event ID: 26

Date: 11/14/2004

Time: 1:15:24 PM

User: N/A

Computer:

Description:

Application popup: LOCK ON: lockon.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x00a122e7" referenced memory at "0x1db52310". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program

I usually now get this since adding 1 gb of ram corsair vaulue ram I have run tests on the ram and it tests out fine................

anyone seen this before? :cry:

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

This might sound a daft question to ask you, but have the two sticks of RAM in your machine got the same values? this is quite important. For example my machine has:

Two 512Mb PC3200 400Mhz sticks.

Sorry to ask this simple question, but I want to be sure, before trying to help further, if I can of course.

"I love smashing the crap out of those buggers on the ground who keep making a beeping sound on my RWR..... the bells the bells!!!!!!.... erm yeah.... I like destroying SAM sites, thats the main point"

the memory is matched 2 x 512 corsair value ram kit pc3200

passes all memtest 86 tests

my old config of 2 x 256 in dual channel were not matched sticks but both were pc3200 i could not play the game to my satisfaction but never got this error i am very happy i got 1 gb of ram now but this error bothers me.?????????

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

Ok that clears that one, sorry again for asking such a silly question.

Have you tried re-installing and re-patching? what version are you running?

Have you got the latest drivers for your video card? the error message may not be pointing to your system memory, it might be complaining about your Graphics card memory?

I hope you can get LOMAC working :wink:

"I love smashing the crap out of those buggers on the ground who keep making a beeping sound on my RWR..... the bells the bells!!!!!!.... erm yeah.... I like destroying SAM sites, thats the main point"

From memory: normally, if it is a driver it blue screens ... an application pop-up is caused by a non-privaleged app failing. Video drivers run privalaged and hence XP can't be sure of system stability when it detects and problem, hence it blue screens and stops.

James

Thats useful that rules out one problem, thanks Kula :wink:

I was reading on the Microsoft website, something to do with changing where your RAM is positioned, maybe you could try that, although the answers on the site are usually quite general and often dont work, its worth a go. However if you only get this with LOMAC, I doubt this would be the problem.

Again, why not try a full re-install and re-patch? :)

thanks for the replys unfortunatley nothing is hitting me as the problem.

the lock on install is good it was patched to 1.2 without 1.1 first.

unfortunatley i am 300 miles away from my home pc in a hotel.

my memory is in dual channel so i dont want to move it!

no other game or program does this the error pops up once i am closed out of lock on so i can run the game just fine and play online just fine.

i have doom 3 unreal2004 far cry and painkiller and ghost recon with all mods.

no other game or ap gives me the error after closeing out.

I would love to uninstall and reinstall and repatch but i wont be able to till saterday

i appreciate the ideas.

Oh ok you get it upon exit, no loss then :P

Some clean up operations run before lock on exits (when you click 'exit') and I dont think that they perform the same on any 2 systems and so some people get this error where lock on is reading outside its heap/stack range instead freeing its allocated pointer arrays and such which reside in the heap. Theres not alot you can do about it, I used to get it all the time on my old system but my new one doesn't have a problem

:o Damn, I was under the impression you could not get it working at all!! Well im glad this is all cleared up, good to hear you can enjoy LOMAC just fine like the rest of us 8)

Thanks Cromewell for providing a solution to that.

Oh ok you get it upon exit, no loss then :P

Some clean up operations run before lock on exits (when you click 'exit') and I dont think that they perform the same on any 2 systems and so some people get this error where lock on is reading outside its heap/stack range instead freeing its allocated pointer arrays and such which reside in the heap. Theres not alot you can do about it, I used to get it all the time on my old system but my new one doesn't have a problem

ah great someone has seen it the problem sorry i didnt make it more clearer.

hmmmm since the problem started right after i put new memory in. I have since defraged and cleaned up my drive. i might try some tweaking i dont know maybe ill live with it ....im not going to change this computer for several months i hope.

well i cant reinstall the memory i had cause i sold it actually they were unmatched pairs of 2 x 256.

i havent tried just one stick of the new corsair yet because im 300 miles away from it..... will try saterday.

• 2 weeks later...

What i have done.

increase your page file size to 3 gigs

3000 esp with 1 gb of memory it might be a good idea to increase page file to 3000 if you only have 512 of ram.

Clean up your harddrive . defrag and do an offline defrag with perfect disk or something like that. run chkdisk or scandisk.

This is important : go to my computer right click , go to properties and click advanced then click environment variables.

delete all variables in box boxs. some variables are old and redundant and will not reappear. This has fixed stupid memory pop ups events like this.

reboot

since i have done this now i have made 4 experiments and have played lock on 5 times and have not recieved this error since. I started getting the error after uninstalling old 512 memory and installed 1 gb of new corsair memory. Memroy passes all memtest 86 tests.

This is important : go to my computer right click , go to properties and click advanced then click environment variables.

delete all variables in box boxs. some variables are old and redundant and will not reappear. This has fixed stupid memory pop ups events like this.

Just be carefull if you run things like programming languages or other stuff requiring such varables.

You may no be able to use them after such hack'&'slash... :?

Kind regards,

Mimes

"Joined forum in 2004 but flying Flanker since 1995 :o)"

• 3 months later...

I have not had this problem with half life or lock on anymore. Even though my system pasts alll test and memtest . I guess is didnt try prime 95 or stess enough cause when playing unreal 2004 it really stressed my cpu. Now my cpu voltage i bumped up from 1.75 to 1.77 and i dont have a problem anymore.

What i have done.

increase your page file size to 3 gigs

3000 esp with 1 gb of memory it might be a good idea to increase page file to 3000 if you only have 512 of ram.

Clean up your harddrive . defrag and do an offline defrag with perfect disk or something like that. run chkdisk or scandisk.

reboot

since i have done this now i have made 4 experiments and have played lock on 5 times and have not recieved this error since. I started getting the error after uninstalling old 512 memory and installed 1 gb of new corsair memory. Memroy passes all memtest 86 tests.

This is not good advice ...

3Gb of swap is a waste of space - do you run 3.5Gb of applications? If not don't bother!

Delete environment variables? Things will stop working!!

Defrag ... may work, seldom give a huge improvement in performance, especially if you have plenty of RAM for cache!!

James