Thank You ED for make Viper

blklobo

Thank you for the kind words. Watching some Youtube videos this morning, it seems much of the heartburn comes from the lack of damage model, external lights, and WIP and skin textures. All these tasks are on a single person and he was unable to complete all these tasks and meet our announced early Autumn release date. So, we could either release without these features complete and get complaints or miss our stated release widow and get complaints. In the end, we went with the former and stand by that. While we of course wanted to and pushed for all of these, it was not in the cards. However, they are all very high priority items to be addressed as soon as possible. In the meantime, we firmly believe that even this early version of the Viper provides a lot of enjoyment and plenty for players to learn and get their heads around.

Thanks

You made the right call here and I had plenty of fun this weekend with it. The way I see it you gave us a free option... If you think it shouldn't have been released, just don't play until you think it is ready. Which is kind of the whole point of early access.

Wags, I'm grateful the 16 is even here at all. My gripes with it's early state are minimal and the ones I do have you guys are already addressing for the most part. Anyone that expected perfection or close to it with an EA product should have known better. That being said, what ED has released at this point is still very enjoyable and has already consumed a great deal of my free time. Thanks for the work and the work you continue to do to keep the masses happy.

System: Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo / Ryzen 5900X / 128gb Trident Z 3600mHz / ASUS TUF X570 / Lian Li Galahad 360 AIO / Asus Tuf RTX 3080ti / Asus Rog 1000w PSU / TM Warthog + TM Pedals

Modules/Terrains: All but the Mig-19, MB-339, P-47, I-16, CE II, and Yak-52

IRL: USAF F-16C AGR Crew Chief / Private Pilot

I always dreaming the Viper for DCS since LOMAC. Finally I have Viper!

ED is my angel.

ED will much much growing and making new history of combat flight simulator.

Anyway many thanks.

I love all of Viper!

나의 SM-G930S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

^^^^ What he said.

My Hangar: | A-10A | A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B II NA | F-14B | BF-109 K4 | C-101 | F-15C | F-5E II |F-86F | F/A-18C | FW-190 D-9 | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | MI-8MTV2 | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | P-51D | SA342 | Spitfire IX | SU-25 | SU-25T | SU-27 | SU-33 | UH-1H |

My Playgrounds: | Caucasus | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy |

Cockpit: | i7-4790K | EVGA Z97 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB | Samsung EVO SSD | Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino H.O.T.A.S. System | TrackIR 5 |

I haven't had enough time in this Viper yet, but I definitely am liking what I've seen so far, it's got great potential! I've managed to play around with AA modes and get some aerial kills, and had a quick test of the rockets and mk82's. Will have to check out the targeting pod next :)

I am happy that viper is out for several reasons.

1) can't anymore just watch Wags videos as all those generate too much anticipation. So now it is easy to jump in to fly it while waiting more videos from wags...

2) more Western modules out means there is more changes to see a aircrafts from other side for REDFOR.

3) Happy to see that one of the most iconic fighters is in DCS well, hopefully increasing the size of the community among viper fans.

4) each module that gets released, I can see the dream of the "DCS" forming up. Reminding that when KA-50 and A-10C came out, those were for so long time the only ones to show the future. But now we have so many aircrafts to fly that the future is here. Can't wait to see in future a teen-fighters vs Mig-23MLA and hopefully many others.

5) The viper makes now possible to simulate a Norway, Denmark etc participating the conflict, creating some new stories for fight. Hoping to see some new studios staring to produce a ground units packages for us to use. And of course future new maps, even for smaller proportions of the real world (like 100x200km).

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I began air combat simulation with Falcon 3.0 back in 1991, and now I have a very nice (even at early stage) F16 in DCS, my dreams come true.

Thank you ED and all the other people involved in the project (Testers, forum members feedback etc etc..) ;)

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2666Mhz, GTX 2070 Super, SSD 1To, TrackIR 5, TM16000M HOTAS

Few things in life is perfect, but the feeling of finally, after 15 year of waiting, firing up the sim and finding myself in a Viper-pit was pretty damn close to perfect. Even in the unfinished state the Viper is currently in.

Is it perfect? Nope, not even by a long shot. But I can see how it'll become in the future, and I'll enjoy the trip there as well and as much as getting there.

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

I really enjoy the F-16c release. Sure, would be nice if more system would be online at the release, but its still a blast to fly.

Looking forward for the following hotfixes:

• Jettison stores
  • Basic damage System
  • AirRefuel functional on all maps (SP&MP)
  • Increased Backlight on the MFCD
  • External Light

Thank you ED.

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

I echo the thanks of everyone else here Wags.

I know any new release launches a fresh deluge of questions about why other modules are still incomplete, and a whole slew of comments about flight characteristics or other pet peeves. But the silent majority appreciate all your herculean work in bringing these excellent modules to market. And more importantly, we will support that work with our hard-earned (or otherwise gotten) cash.

Thanks, and keep doing what you're doing.

I think the F-16C could be the most popular module so far.

However I'm really disappointed with the youtube community in making a big deal out of features that haven't been implemented yet.

Complaining about textures, or missing damage models, really dwelling on things that are clearly place holders. And they rile up the masses with pitchforks, who in turn leave comments like "it's rushed" - WELL DUH, it's early access (inside a BETA too!), it's not supposed to be finished! I mean go ahead, and mention what is and isn't implemented yet for your viewers, but these youtubers are acting like it's a finished product with missing features.

I can only imagine these people are the sort that want to taste the cake before it's finished baking, and then go "yuck, it tastes like wet flour"....

Either wait, or don't complain. Pick one and be happy.

Personally, with how complicated these modern planes can be, I'm happy to tinker and learn them sooner rather than later. It's actually not a bad idea to have the features segmented and released one at a time, as then you can train and learn those features as they are released - even if all of the features were part of the module, I'd still be learning them one at a time. So to me it's all the same, except I get my hands on this beautiful plane sooner.

Edited by NineGzuz

ED (and any developer for that matter) will never make everyone happy. Just the nature of the business. But from what I’ve seen on here and fb, the majority of the community is happy with the Viper being released as it is. And that’s all ED can do is try to do what will please the majority.

I myself am very happy they released it and having a ball with it so far. I look forward to the developments to come.

i9-9900K | 1080Ti 11GB | 32GB DDR4 | TM Warthog | Oculus Rift S | gametrix JetSeat

F/A-18C | F-16C | F-14B | A-10C | F-86F | P-51D | P-47D | Spitfire | Fw 190A-8 | Bf 109K-4

Is it done?

No. That is why it is called "early access".

Will it ever be done?

Yes!

And till then Im enyoing the possibility to practice with the Viper and be somehow part of its Development.

Im very happy with the Viper so far, so thank you ED and keep up the good work!

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

I think the F-16C could be the most popular module so far.

However I'm really disappointed with the youtube community in making a big deal out of features that haven't been implemented yet.

Complaining about textures, or missing damage models, really dwelling on things that are clearly place holders. And they rile up the masses with pitchforks, who in turn leave comments like "it's rushed" - WELL DUH, it's early access (inside a BETA too!), it's not supposed to be finished! I mean go ahead, and mention what is and isn't implemented yet for your viewers, but these youtubers are acting like it's a finished product with missing features.

I can only imagine these people are the sort that want to taste the cake before it's finished baking, and then go "yuck, it tastes like wet flour"....

Either wait, or don't complain. Pick one and be happy.

Personally, with how complicated these modern planes can be, I'm happy to tinker and learn them sooner rather than later. It's actually not a bad idea to have the features segmented and released one at a time, as then you can train and learn those features as they are released - even if all of the features were part of the module, I'd still be learning them one at a time. So to me it's all the same, except I get my hands on this beautiful plane sooner.

I just watched some of those youtube "reviews" or "first Impressions" and you perfectly summed up how I feel about them. They knew what the plane was, to go out and say you cant even dogfight because you don't have a radar sight is pretty lame, get good, pilots train to use the funnel as well and I have no problem hitting my target even without tracers. There is plenty to do in this airplane.

Also, saying the performance is off because you grabbed a document online is kinda crazy. Wags and the team actually went on a real F-16 flight simulator and worked with the people who have flow the Viper (SME's).

I've seen F-16's in almost all the servers from Just Dogfights to Growling Sidewinder, it's early access and there are some features missing but there is plenty to keep you busy. There are far more people who are happy with this release (being able to fly and learn) than the people who are not. I for one couldn't wait to get out of the Hornet.

Apologies for the rant but there are plenty of people that worked and are working to get this product (Viper) out and I think they deserve some credit for their hard work.

I'm quite happy with what I tried so far, and I know that I get an Alpha when buying early access. But I can completely understand the gripes regarding the lack of a damage model. This really kills it for the multiplayer community at least. In SP evaluation and training flights I try to not get shot down in the first place so I haven't come across that very problem yet dealwithit.png

Bearing in mind ED literally started developing this module just half a year ago in April, it's come pretty far in that short period of time, which is absolutely nothing in software development. This should make us more confident in our support for ED. And I don't regret buying early at all - I even paid less rainbowdashwink.png

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Wags you are my hero :thumbsup::thumbsup:

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

I just watched some of those youtube "reviews" or "first Impressions" and you perfectly summed up how I feel about them. They knew what the plane was, to go out and say you cant even dogfight because you don't have a radar sight is pretty lame, get good, pilots train to use the funnel as well and I have no problem hitting my target even without tracers. There is plenty to do in this airplane.

Also, saying the performance is off because you grabbed a document online is kinda crazy. Wags and the team actually went on a real F-16 flight simulator and worked with the people who have flow the Viper (SME's).

Apologies for the rant but there are plenty of people that worked and are working to get this product (Viper) out and I think they deserve some credit for their hard work.

You nailed it - and I share your sentiment. Those "YouTubers" have their own agendas to further their channel's visibility, so they jump onto controversy and the lowest hanging fruit. They are by no means experts. It's all about the clicks for them - whatever it takes.

For them to elevate themselves to experts just because they are on YT and can google around for some docs by no means, not ever, could trump the knowledge of those who work at ED, as well as the SMEs that ED works with to produce such outstanding quality with each and every module they release. The Viper is another shining example, even in its early access state.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I would never have thought it. I was anti-F-16 set. Nevertheless, I bought the module in pre-purchase. Since the release last Thursday I have since gambled only with this module in DCS. And even if the module still has its shortcomings, no question: For me it is THE module. I just feel good when I am on the road with the F-16. Neither with the F-14, FA-18, Mi-8 or any other module I feel it like this. I can not describe it differently. I sincerely hope that the ED, in addition to their other projects, will bring the F-16 to a high, decent standard. ED, you've done a great job so far. Stay tuned!

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

I was a bit surprised that some of the very basic airplane stuff was missing. Things that you need just to fly from A to B without worrying about weapons, like:

- at least basic ballpark fuel usage

- basic texture(s) with roundels in the correct places (like on the loading screens!)

- external lights for night flying and realistic looks externally

- existing centerline tank and droppable droptanks

None of the excellent Wags videos gave a hint at this level of basic airplane features missing, and I think this is where much of the criticism comes from. These are major immersion breakers and the module will be much better when they are addressed.

That being said, it is of course early access, and these things will come soon. And I'd much, much rather have this F-16 as-is now and get a fix for some of the more pressing issues in an update soon, than have to wait for the release until they were fixed. Now, we have an F-16 to play with, admittedly rough around the edges but still much better than no F-16!

And having worked in software development myself, I can confirm that things don't always go as planned. Deadlines are sometimes missed and bugs show up when you really don't need them to (typically late friday afternoon!). I know you will get it right in time, and I'm happy to play with the F-16 as it is now.

Also, we know that it'll only get better and more polished from here, and I have absolutely no doubt that it will be on par with the F/A-18 in quality (which is awesome!), in time. Once the basic airplane features are in place, you have another winner!

Lastly, let me shout out to the developer(s) who have created the sounds for the F-16. The Viper's sound set is FANTASTIC!!! The handling is great, the Viper feels real both on the ground and in the air (from a non-pilot's perspective at least). It just looks "so right" when watching replays of my approaches and touch-and-gos. The cockpit graphical design is wonderful, from the seat to the knobs and switches. And the FPS performance is very nice as well, and I haven't had any performance issues.

So congratulations to ED on this release, and I can't wait to get updates and improvements in time.:pilotfly:

Edited by McRuffen

So what should i say, what would i like to say..... what i have to say: im so happy and its awesome - thanks a lot for this masterpiece of work!!!!

...and @ all "mimimimis" - YES, its an "early access" - not more not less! ..... and therefore its great .... for me and many other sim-pilots... and its getting better for sure! Be patient please and stand grounded.

So lets help Wags and his team to bring it forwards to the best F-16C Simulation ever - if someone can make this, than this awesome gents! So let´s find bugs and report them - polite and respectful!

.....just my 2 cents - thx @ Wags and his team! See you in the sky.....