Is Portrait Mode possible in LockOn

Hi all.

I once experimented with changing my monitor setup to portrait mode in LockOn and could not make it work.

I particularly like the idea of getting a top to bottom view of the cockpit, and wanted to see the effect. I think it would work out good on my pivoting 20 inch LCD monitor (bought at auction).

Hopefully the software allows for this change in viewing aspect.

Thanks.

i am under the impression you will be able to achieve what you desire, i have stacked monitors vertically with a degree of success other than the extreme top and bottom did not like it with large fov, causing visual weirdness :)

firstly, swivel the monitor in windows and set the res in display props etc.

then by editing the lockon graphics.cfg fie:

i see no reason why you cannot then manually enter the desired resolution, and match that with the appropriate aspect ratio.

then change your ingame zoom setting to make it look normal again.

from my experience anything greater than fov=175 causes game issues.

great idea you have, always thought that the vertical view was just as important as the horizontal, especially looking up in dogfight :)

hope this helps, please revise my threads on 'th2go zoom issues' and you may get some further info there, good luck with it.

User configurable portrait mode

Thanks for your advice ggg78.

I was concerned about asking such a noob question, and the fact that the technical section doesnt seem to get many views.

I also came across http://simmod.pbwiki.com/ which describes how to mod the graphics configuration file, but it requires some educated guesses about converting to portrait mode - as you kindly suggested.

Will try it out sometime.

Thanks.

no problem, yes its an under used section but handy too :)

i have received plenty of help from others, its always nice to give some back.

should be pretty cool actually.

good luck with it.:thumbup:

nice link too, never seen that one myself.

http://simmod.pbwiki.com/

below is an extract:

DisplayMode

{

resolution = {1920, 1200}; ------------------------------ Resolution that is used in pixels width x height

bpp = 32; ------------------------------ Colour depth 16 or 32 bit

fullscreen = 1; ------------------------------ Windowed or Fullscreen mode 0= Windowed 1= Fullscreen

aspect = 1.333333373; ------------------------------ Screen aspect ratio 1.3 = a standard resolution type of 1024 x 768 for example. Widescreen resolutions such as 1920 x 1200 shown require 1.6 inserted to work correctly. FC resets these values every time a change is made

Interface ------------------------------ Part of the simulation that uses these settings below this contained in the {} (curly braces)

{

resolution = {1920, 1200};

bpp = 32;

fullscreen = 1;

aspect = 1.333333373;

}

Simulation

{

resolution = {1920, 1200};

bpp = 32;

fullscreen = 1;

aspect = 1.333333373;

in here its the display mode/simulation settings that change the actual in cockpit settings.

basically i just make all three the same to keep it simple.

and be sure not to edit the graphics settings in game after you make the changes or it will default back to standard.