[NOT REALISTIC] MWS in F-16C bl50

Kappa

Hi all,

does this version of F-16C have the MWS system?

The manual says no, but in the CMDS panel we have the MWS switch, why?

Probably because those panels are used also in export versions of the Viper, for countries that "bought" the MWS or GPS map upgrade. It makes more sense from a production/logistics point of view to make a single panel and switches instead of having X different variants. Of course I could be wrong!

Sent from my Xiaomi MI8

• ED Team
Hi all,

does this version of F-16C have the MWS system?

The manual says no, but in the CMDS panel we have the MWS switch, why?

Hi Kappa,

The CMDS panel is a general panel, not just for the Block 50 F-16C. This version of the F-16 has never had MWS.

Thanks

The only F-16 I can think of right now that has a Missile Warning System (MWS) is the Danish F-16A, they need special pylons loaded with the sensors. Maybe some of the Israeli F-16 might have it but I am not sure.

• Like 1

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

The only F-16 I can think of right now that has a Missile Warning System (MWS) is the Danish F-16A, they need special pylons loaded with the sensors. Maybe some of the Israeli F-16 might have it but I am not sure.

Could have sworn some reserve Block 30 birds had it too. Will try to find a source.

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly: