[NOT A BUG] Speed Brakes indicator

nawarren

Thanks! Glad to hear you are enjoying it, and thanks for the reports, they do help and why we do Early Access!

Speedbrake indicator shows "closed" when the speedbrakes ar closed less than 2 degrees. The indicator should show the dots whenever it is open more than 2 degrees.

When the indicator receives no power dashed lines are shown.

My information mentions that they appear during switching but only "momentarily".

Momentarily is not defined though and I'm having a hard time remembering. I think it's like a fraction of a second when actuating the switch but I'm unsure.

Thanks! It's hard to imagine it from the oh so descriptive words in the manual :)

Diagonals - Electrical power removed from the

indicator. Diagonals also appear momentarily

during switching.

Point is that nobody looks at this indicator. I personally never saw the diagonals during switching.

There is the sound when they are open - so there is that feedback I guess. But for me it is combined with a rumble in the Jetseat so I notice it more. Hearing the sound when combined with AOA rumble (which sounds sweet btw) would be quite hard.

Even with the additional Jetseat feedback I still find myself jabbing at SB close now and then, especially during BFM just to make sure - like when you drive a manual and give the stick a wiggle all the time to confirm its in neutral :)

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
There is the sound when they are open - so there is that feedback I guess. But for me it is combined with a rumble in the Jetseat so I notice it more. Hearing the sound when combined with AOA rumble (which sounds sweet btw) would be quite hard.

Even with the additional Jetseat feedback I still find myself jabbing at SB close now and then, especially during BFM just to make sure - like when you drive a manual and give the stick a wiggle all the time to confirm its in neutral :)

Yeah, that is the toughest part of sims, giving enough feedback to simulate the real thing, anyways, let's get it like the real thing, the indicator and go from there, thanks all for the help from everyone... makes my life a little easier :)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

May be true, but we as virtual pilots might not get or feel the same feedback, so it would be nice to at least have it working as it should.

Absolutely true Nineline. But showing the diagonals momentarily (which does not say a whole lot) will not give you feedback. Sure they may show for a tenth of a second but will provide no feedback at all where the closed or dots show you what position the speedbrakes are in. Closed means closed but dots means anywhere between 2 degrees open and 60 degrees open... The only time a pilot will look at this indicator to make sure the speedbrakes are either open or closed.

My information mentions that they appear during switching but only "momentarily".

Momentarily is not defined though and I'm having a hard time remembering. I think it's like a fraction of a second when actuating the switch but I'm unsure.

It is literally a split second.

The indicator is a spring loaded "drum" with 3 lables on it.

Closed

"Barber pole"

9 dots.

The drum is magneticly held in one of two positions, up or down. Which will expose, closed or dots.

When no power is sent to the indicator, no electromagnet is working. So the spring then centers the drum on the barber pole.

So in order to move from open to closed inicatuon, the drum rotates, revealing the barber pole for that split second it takes to rotate the drum.

It's almost instantaneous, but I have no idea how fast it really does move. (Very very fast is best estimate I can give).

Couldn't find a reference video, so I'm putting I. Something similar in concept.

This is a magneticly held switch. Which has more mass then the SB indicator drum.

Just see how fast it jumps back to the spring loaded position. This is roughly how much time the barber pole will show up when drum is rotating.

Edited by uri_ba

I assumed that switching is when indicator is switching from one position to another, because diagonals are placed between closed and opened positions.

correct,

that is why it's momentary. as the lable changes from open to close (or the other way around).

However, there is no relative "in between" position as some still believe.

indicator tells you that the speed breaks are either closed, not closed, or that the indicator isn't indicating.