Banking slightly right

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with the F-16 where it is banking ever so slightly to the right! I have set deadzones on my roll and rudder axis (~5) and cannot see any sort of input from my joystick. I am wondering if this is an issue others are experiencing?

I thought to make a post here, as to remain vigilant... just in case this is a bug!

Thanks,

J

Are you flying with the Tpod? If so it’ll need some left trim to trim it out.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

You can do it if you flick the trim hat very quickly. Although I agree the roll trim is over sensitive.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I'm having a slight roll to the left, only with stores loaded

ctrl+enter shows my controllers are centered

Edited by Falconeer

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

Completely clean? No weapons on any stores?

Proud owner of:

as there is another thread that suggests the aircraft pulls to the left, is there a chance that this might be something to do with the bit of the startup procedure that involves resetting the trim back to the centre, after one of the checks?

if the trim isn't set perfectly to the neutral position, might this be causing the drift?

Glad to see this issue isn't just limited to myself. I think it's good that we have confirmed it's occurring for multiple people; out of curiosity, what is everyone using for their setup in terms of HOTAS?

I hope this is one ED can patch together quickly, if it is an issue!

Thanks for the responses all.

• 3 weeks later...
Clean configuration and it rolls slightly to the right.

yup...

Roll trim is too sensitive to trim out the small movements, so its a constant, L/R trim... Autopilot works though.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

You shouldn't have to use the trim when slightly out of trim though. The FCS should handle that for you.

I get left roll in the air and a lot of left turn on the ground....like full right rudder after landing. All of my controls are dead center according to the RightCtrl/Enter graph.

You shouldn't have to use the trim when slightly out of trim though. The FCS should handle that for you.

I get left roll in the air and a lot of left turn on the ground....like full right rudder after landing. All of my controls are dead center according to the RightCtrl/Enter graph.

Yes, there is obviously something seriously wrong with the F-16 right now as more and more of us are reporting issues about uncommanded roll in the air and yaw/drift on the ground.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

Clean configuration and it rolls slightly to the right.

Same here, clean configuration.

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb