Tgp

FOXFIRE TWOONE

Am I missing something with the ( tgp ). I slew too tgt, tms to point track and the crosshair and tgt box jumps off tgt quite a bit. :helpsmilie:

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

If you don't have any waypoints setup via ME, then the box is off (it's a bug). If you added some waypoints, then the box is on target.[/QUOT

Ah Thanks

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

If you don't have any waypoints setup via ME, then the box is off (it's a bug). If you added some waypoints, then the box is on target.

Do you mean you just have to add any kind of waypoint, or that one has to put a waypoint on top of the target?

And, I tried to drop a GBU in CCIP, just like I can do in the Hornet (without needing waypoints), it didn't work, TGP lost target and went it's own way, not even close to target area...

If you don't have any waypoints setup via ME, then the box is off (it's a bug). If you added some waypoints, then the box is on target.

So it's not usable in MP with custom waypoints?

i7 - 9700k | EVGA 1080Ti | 32 DDR4 RAM | 750w PS | TM Warthog HOTAS/X-55 | Track IR 5 |

You can actually boresight Tgp if you wish.Put tgp as soi;move tgp a little so u get area mode and than tms down....Voila...boresighted tgp:smilewink:

Good to know, thanks, Void! I still have to fully read the manual; I played the One that cannot be named, but a while ago and only for a little while (no TrackIR and not enough hats, at the time!)

Shame about CCIP.

I take it all back! It's actually great to dive bomb with unguided munitions and strafe, now I can see the target from far away and I don't need to zoom in (playing in VR still has disadvantages... and VR zoom is way better now!)

Actually, if I don't have a waypoint near a target, once in CCRP and the TGP is the SOI, I just use the OVRD OSB button on the TGP screen, clicking it twice. This brings the TGP camera target box near the flight path marker on the center of the HUD, including the flight path line, so you can then just point your aircraft towards the target.

Then you can hit TMS up to make the TGP camera/cursor stick (hit TMS down to reset it near the flight path marker again, if needed). After the cursor sticks/ground stabilizes, you can slew the TGP cursor to the target area, and now hitting TMS up will switch between point and area track. If you hit the TMS down it will reset the TGP camera again to the center of the HUD and you'll have to point your aircraft to the target again to hit TMS up to re: stick/ground stabilize the cursor/target box.

So, I’ve hardly had any time to play with this aircraft yet, but today I was sitting on the ramp with the aircraft all spooled up. I powered up the TGP, switched it to A-G mode, made it SOI and was able to slew it around as desired without A-G master mode selected on the ICP. Maybe someone could try this airborne, because if it works it would at least be handy for scoping things out.

i9-9900K | 1080Ti 11GB | 32GB DDR4 | TM Warthog | Oculus Rift S | gametrix JetSeat

F/A-18C | F-16C | F-14B | A-10C | F-86F | P-51D | P-47D | Spitfire | Fw 190A-8 | Bf 109K-4

Does moving the tgp around mess with your waypoints?

Sure does, just have your HSD up on other MFD and you will see SP move around. We are also missing the CZ or Curser Zero option on the MFDS to reset SP to original position.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sure does, just have your HSD up on other MFD and you will see SP move around. We are also missing the CZ or Curser Zero option on the MFDS to reset SP to original position.

Thought so. Noticed the Viper does a few things differently than what I'm use to in the hog/hornet/harrier. Gonna take a little getting use to.

Edited by Mad_Max2

So, I’ve hardly had any time to play with this aircraft yet, but today I was sitting on the ramp with the aircraft all spooled up. I powered up the TGP, switched it to A-G mode, made it SOI and was able to slew it around as desired without A-G master mode selected on the ICP. Maybe someone could try this airborne, because if it works it would at least be handy for scoping things out.

TGP works in all modes. Great to have is set to AA in NAV mode for VID, check up your ambiguous contacts... :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

• ED Team

Hey everyone,

The TGP is barebones so that we could include it at release. TGP items being worked on now include:

1- SP (snowplow mode) that can be used in any bombing mode

2- CZ (cursor zero)

3- Ability to slave TGP to steerpoint when in NAV mode

4- Additional TGP HOTAS commands

There will of course be more, but these are the initial ones we want to get in pronto.

Thanks

SP Mode you say.... I thought that was an A/G radar mode. Didn't know the TGP had that as well, look forward to seeing how that works.

CZ function will be very welcome.

Thanks for the update Wags

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

• ED Team
SP Mode you say.... I thought that was an A/G radar mode. Didn't know the TGP had that as well, look forward to seeing how that works.

CZ function will be very welcome.

Thanks for the update Wags

No, the TGP has an SP option too.

Thanks