Disable hot plug devices

BIGNEWY

I have been using this for a bit over a week now, and I noticed an immediate difference. I wanted to check for at least a number of days before reaching a conclusion, and have to say it's quite the improvement.

I only had stutters on the Caucasus map (but pretty significant ones), and now they're almost completely eliminated :-) Thank you!

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

So after about 2 1/2 hours of multiplayer it seems the stutters are basically gone...there were a couple of: "oh crap did my game just crash?" moments...not sure what those were about...but the Stutters were nothing near what was the "normal" in the past at least for the people I fly with.

Nice Job ED.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

In what situations function Disable hot plug devices it has to help?

I don't see any improvement in the fluidity of the MP or SP.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

• ED Team
In what situations function Disable hot plug devices it has to help?

I don't see any improvement in the fluidity of the MP or SP.

It may help uses who were seeing input disconnects constantly or stutters. It may not help everyone.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi guys and hopefully Bignewy?

i have been having major stuttering im still getting 50+ fps but its awful. i have been looking at the forums and taken on board and had a go at the few little fixes here and there, but no joy. if anybody understands any of the log i have uploaded, any recommendations. thanks in advance HC

dcs.doc

Edited by Headcase

• ED Team

i have been having major stuttering im still getting 50+ fps but its awful. i have been looking at the forums and taken on board and had a go at the few little fixes here and there, but no joy. if anybody understands any of the log i have uploaded, any recommendations. thanks in advance HC

Hi Headcase and welcome to the forum, and thanks for the PM.

First thing I would check is your antivirus try adding your dcs install folder to its exclusion list.

Real time scans have been creating problems for many users, especially malwarebytes.

If that does not help, try the crash advice in my signature below to rule out a settings or config issue.

Let me know if it helps

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

U are using MSAA and SSAA?

I would suggest to use MSAA 2x or MSAA 4x without using SSAA and see what u got. Or take MSAA off and use SSAA. But both in combination is kind of hard for the performance.

• 5 weeks later...

hi, i have very big stutters, the game freezes and as like holes...where should i check for antivirus?!?i mean i only have the basic microsoft windows defender, also i play in VR the official DCS,not the open beta, the fix suggested in this forum works also for the official release?!? thks in advance for the help.

I used also very low graphic settings but nothing, i should also try to tun less overclock on my gpu and see if that help. i am on i8700 and gtx 1080ti

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having this or an extremely similar problem. Seemed to only start happening this week, I've had DCS/FC3 for about a month, and had DCS World with just the A10a for a few years and never experienced it before recently. I get a momentary sound interruption/buzz sound with an accompanying micro stutter. It seemed to always go away after a reboot, but then started happening more and more, and reboots stopped fixing it. It even happens in the menu before I start a game, i hear the menu music being interrupted by this little static sound. When playing multiplayer with SRS installed it got to where it sounded like someone was clicking the mic over and over, but I quit it and it kept happening... so strange, extremely frustrating issue. I tried setting my GPU to "MSI mode" via some other thread I saw on this issue which I thought fixed it after the required reboot, but then the next night it was back worse than ever. This sucks. I also tried the standalone DCS instead of steam, same issue occurred. It happens less in single player seemingly but still quite annoying. Asus MB, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16gb, Gb 2060Super, Win 10.

Edited by rinkerbuck

"For those seeing stutter"

what kind of stutter, every few seconds, every few minutes?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

I have been fighting pauses and CTDs since I dusted off my Oculus 2 weeks ago. I found out that you do not want to use a external usb hub. I installed another usb card and plugged my TM stick/throttle/rudder into it. I also turned off the wifi. I also turned down the overclocking on my 1080ti. It does not matter if you have test, go back to default and see what happens. As of right now, on occasion I get a long pause right when something is about to happen. Flying into clouds, cluster bombs, basically anything that appears quickly. Btw I7 6700k 1080ti 32 gigs ram/ssd

For me its anywhere from every few minutes, to literally every second. Mostly a sound glitch, not a video glitch, but occasionally I notice a very slight pause at the same time the sound glitches. Something I probably wouldn't notice if not for the sound happening. It's anywhere from pretty annoying to absolutely unplayable depending on the frequency of the pauses/glitch/pop/digital puke sound.

I had similar issues. My resolution involved taking an extra step in turning off AV, and also disabling Intel Turbo Boost Max (which was changing CPU affinity on the fly).

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4053994#post4053994

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220401

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

• 2 weeks later...

I just updated my BIOS (and DCS in the same day) and the sim started to stutter, sometimes with buzzing sound, every few seconds.

I know that AMD changed something in the microcode to "better" support frequency scaling. I will look further into this thing, but it's worth to start playing with CPU boost settings, affinity, SMT and stuff like that. My specs are in the signature.

MB is a Gigabyte X570 Aorus PRO, BIOS is F11 (AGESA 1.0.0.4 B) coming from F4i (AGESA 1.0.0.3 ABB)

edit: I found some interesting clues playing with the process affinity. This seems not related to this thread and I'm opening a new one.

Edited by AMVI_Rider

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Author of DCSMP and VRK

Ryzen 5 3600X - 32GB DD4 3200C14 Win10 64 - Geforce GTX 1080Ti

Hotas Warhog + Virpil T-50 base - Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals - Cougar MFCDs - Custom head tracker

35" UWQHD main display + 22" MFCD/Helios display / Rift S

2x256 GB SSD - 2Tb Caviar Green

• 1 month later...

options.graphics.statsColor = {250,250,250}

Does that change the color of the CTRL-PAUSE debug texts/stuff?

Can you move the text-area around with some similar config parameter?

(I'd like to move it down a bit, FPS info obscures some F10 Map information...)

Sometimes I Amaze even Myself!

Helped a little bit maybe 10% better but not that much.

Edited by Skyracer

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

• ED Team
I can't see any improvement after applying this fix :-(

You will only see an improvement if you have the input issue in the first place, not everyone does, when they do this usually helps.

• ED Team
Alright, so this should only help with stutter caused by USB scan, not lower FPS in 2.5.6

correct, please wait for future patches, the team are working on the issues in our public test build openbeta.

thanks

• 1 month later...