F-16 MFD Readability

USA_Recon

Until what is fixed??? The colours are correct for the model of aircraft that is being modelled?

Or do you mean the readability?

Yes fix the readability hopefully by implementing brightness and contrast.

GTX 1080ti FTW3, Intel I7 9700k 5.0Ghz Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 Z370, Rift S

Yes fix the readability hopefully by implementing brightness and contrast.

It’s coming.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

More like it should have been there, but whatever. I learned my lesson. Ill check back in another four months.

<shrug> I use Rift S and have no major issues with MFD readability as its currently implemented (latest beta), It would be nicer if it was a little brighter but its nothing that stops me flying the aircraft.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

the readability and extraction components need to be fixed.

As is if you modify one, you screw the other.

I'm with you Voodoo_37, should have waited and saved by $150, checking back later.

aka Badger

X570 Aorus Master, Ryzen 3700X @3.8, 32GB DDR4@3200,RTX1070 Super, GTX 1070Ti, Win 10 Home, HOTAS Cougar, and some other DoDads

Heya, EHSI-display looks good on the export screen. Why is it so difficult for the MFDs ?

1566918683_F-16EXP.thumb.jpg.4293ce07244227f31b0835b5bd9b4ee0.jpg

CU you in the * AIR *  ^AirWolf

PC > BE QUIIET Power 1000 W ATX 3.0 * ROG STRIX Z690-F * i7-12700 KF * DDR5-6000 64 GB * M.2 980 EVO PRO 2 TB * RX 7900 XTX 24 MB XFX MERC 310 BLACK EDITION  *

• ED Team

Hi all

I have just checked and MFD controls are on the list to do.

hopefully when this is implemented you can tune them to your own prefence.

thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...

For me, the brightness controls can only made it darker. Clicking up doesn't make the default any brighter.

As others have said, this is a big issue in VR, and the mod posted earlier is essential, IMO.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

The rocker has no increase function for me. Only decrease works. You would expect displays to power up dim and need adjusting as desired but that's not the case here. That mod if it still works was superior.

Windows 7/10 64bit, Intel i7-4770K 3.9GHZ, 32 GB Ram, Gforce GTX 1080Ti, 11GB GDDR5 Valve Index. Force IPD 63 (for the F-16)

The rocker has no increase function for me. Only decrease works. You would expect displays to power up dim and need adjusting as desired but that's not the case here. That mod if it still works was superior.

The mod does still work and is superior!

• Like 1

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Cheers.:thumbup:

I messed with some of the files and removed the LCD effect and that seemed to make the MFDs much brighter and more readable. The first two pictures are from the default reclined flying position and all pictures are with the sun in front of the jet.

It does make the white outline around the screen flicker a bit and the EHIS is a little harder to read but hopefully this helps some people until ED fix them.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

F-16 open beta MFDs are still hard to read today (1 Mar 2021) even with the brightness up all the way. Much easier to read them in that other sim.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

9 hours ago, GrEaSeLiTeNiN said:

F-16 open beta MFDs are still hard to read today (1 Mar 2021) even with the brightness up all the way. Much easier to read them in that other sim.

Just read somewhere from DEVS that they will be looking at the lighting and MFD brightness/contrast etc. in the Viper, as it didn't fare well with the lighting upgrade.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6 hours ago, VampireNZ said:

Just read somewhere from DEVS that they will be looking at the lighting and MFD brightness/contrast etc. in the Viper, as it didn't fare well with the lighting upgrade.

They could at least have kept the default brightness at max instead of us having to brighten the MFDs with the rocker switch every time we enter the cockpit. The other thing that I think is needed is to thicken the font, lines and symbols or give us the option to do so.   

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

40 minutes ago, GrEaSeLiTeNiN said:

They could at least have kept the default brightness at max instead of us having to brighten the MFDs with the rocker switch every time we enter the cockpit. The other thing that I think is needed is to thicken the font, lines and symbols or give us the option to do so.   

I personally use this mod and it's great - F-16C MFD Font VR Readability, thicker and larger font - much easier to read in VR. But not an option for anyone that needs to pass IC.

Edited by VampireNZ
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

The readability during the day is poor, and the maximum brightness adjustment is still a bit insufficient.
I only dare to turn on a light at night because it is too bright and it has overflowed.
I don't understand why it is so polarized.

• 1 month later...

it looks horrible in game for me - the rockers did nothing, this mod works great, but the new lighting causes the red datalink to disapear.

Any way to mod that color ?  Green is fine.  I have a miz you can show how back the unmodded MFD's are.   Try the F-16.   TOD makes it nearly impossible to read..

Still buggy

VAF_TestMFG.miz